Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

13 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Hey Tamworthram, just seen you feature on that Bristol City forum, that eejit Papadopolopoloplop’s been over and took a screenshot featuring one of your posts. 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/211798-Derby-takeover/page/2/

See I got an honourable mention too. Normally a good poster but spouting poo on this apparently.

He reckons we receive the £81m for the ground because it is in the cash flow, shame he forgot to deduct the increase in inter-company loans.

Its always good to get your facts right or you risk making yourself lool silly Mr P (we know you are watching).

On 07/05/2021 at 14:25, EdinRam said:

I think you are right, we are the same as Sheffield Wednesday In the regard that we are both in it deep financially. Morris essentially gambled our future on gaining promotion and it hasn't worked. I heard a rumour about 2 weeks ago that the loan against the stadium is of a very very high interest and it is killing us.

Oh no! Some WUM heard a rumour? We're dooooomed.

On 08/05/2021 at 20:37, Pearl Ram said:

Hey Tamworthram, just seen you feature on that Bristol City forum, that eejit Papadopolopoloplop’s been over and took a screenshot featuring one of your posts. 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/211798-Derby-takeover/page/2/

The financial side of football really does bore me to tears. How can a Bristol City, presumably with a life outside of the internet, willingly want to get into nitty gritty of the finances of a club that has absolutely no link to his own other than they’re in the same division? It seems very strange. 

The laughable thing is that this club is literally running on fumes. We are completely potless. Do they think we’re doing them a disservice in some way? The club is as close to death as it possibly can be at this level — and could’ve been tipped over the edge after relegation. I would’ve thought even as a self-professed financial investigator there would be more egregious things to monitor than the slowly rotting corpse of Derby County. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

The financial side of football really does bore me to tears. How can a Bristol City, presumably with a life outside of the internet, willingly want to get into nitty gritty of the finances of a club that has absolutely no link to his own other than they’re in the same division? It seems very strange. 

The laughable thing is that this club is literally running on fumes. We are completely potless. Do they think we’re doing them a disservice in some way? The club is as close to death as it possibly can be at this level — and could’ve been tipped over the edge after relegation. I would’ve thought even as a self-professed financial investigator there would be more egregious things to monitor than the slowly rotting corpse of Derby County. 

I slipped over there about an hour ago, was going to link today’s ramblings from him but then I thought who’d care ? He must have a lot of spare time the old boy but if it makes him happy who am I to judge him ? 

Makes some snidey comments about some of us on here mind. ?? (That’s not snidey, it’s my honest opinion)

I rarely visit other teams forums, it seems pointless really. I'm not bothered what they say about us. I suppose growing up in the non internet era it wasn't a thing so I have very little interest in what others say about us.

I don't mind a face to face discussion with other fans, its interesting to talk about your clubs over a pint or at work, but the net is not conducive to conversation.

I quite like the Millwall stance of "no one likes us" tbh.

On 07/05/2021 at 14:02, therams69 said:

Far from that. I would love for you to tell me one person, whether a Journo, club official etc that can tell us this football club is going to be okay, they can't because it wont be.

They can’t .. because they don’t know either. They are also not going to say anything substantive when they need an investor and want to keep the ship as stable as possible. They won’t say all is well when it clearly isn’t (that stands across the entire championships) and they aren’t going to “help we are in the poo” because that means as sellers they put themselves at a huge disadvantage. 
Nothing in life is guaranteed. This is a business like any other. Quite apart from the mess that is football finances in the lower leagues, we have had an international pandemic. I think it is credit to the whole club for keeping the ship going so far. To demand an unbreakable promise of reassurance from “Daddy” lacks logic. It isn’t going to happen and it isn’t the fault of any one individual. 

On 07/05/2021 at 21:26, Mostyn6 said:

So then the stadium loan would put MEL into admin, not the club. Surely?

MM is a person not a company.   Also, he has said he’ll support the club to keep it out of admin which is in his power to do provided he has the cash. 
So what we need to worry about is four things: efl, our awful manager, who the new owner will be, and whether ffp means we can’t strengthen the squad 

just now admin is the least of our worries. If Alonso buys us, that could change big time. 
(But it seems the club is beginning to tell us he won’t buy us)

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I rarely visit other teams forums, it seems pointless really. I'm not bothered what they say about us. I suppose growing up in the non internet era it wasn't a thing so I have very little interest in what others say about us.

I don't mind a face to face discussion with other fans, its interesting to talk about your clubs over a pint or at work, but the net is not conducive to conversation.

I quite like the Millwall stance of "no one likes us" tbh.

Aka jealous that they didn't mention you! They'll probably have Curtains on as a guest poster soon.

On 07/05/2021 at 22:01, Mostyn6 said:

the stadium transferred from one business to another business, but the debt for a loan is on the club against the stadium, as a simple deduction, this would indicate that the two businesses both fall under the same parent company, which, if the club goes into administration, will also be in administration.

So simply, every business connected with Derby County will be in administration as the one owning the stadium is the one carrying the debt! (MSD loan). So when someone negotiates to buy the club, they will be buying the whole caboodle!

Stop making a distinction between the Club and Mel, they are not separate entities! The CLUB IS MEL!

Mos

the concept of separate legal identity is all important.  The stadium isn't owned by the club it sold that asset and has a debt in its place.  Mel could sell the ground to anybody he feels he would like like but he would still need to pay the debt over the agreed period.  If you were correct and this was an accounting scam we would have been relegated on Saturday after receiving a 12 point penalty.  Subsidiary parts of a holding company can continue to operate quite successfully even when the holding co is in trouble.  The same is true of a troubled sub and a stable HC.  An administrator for DCFC would try to enforce the debt but if it is being serviced in line with the loan agreement then there is not much that can be done about it.  The administrator would need to find a buyer for the club with a main asset of a long term loan but no stadium.

I have said previously that PP could be handed back to DCFC and the loan forgiven however accountancy practices have changed recently so this may raise an issue or 2 for Gibson/EFL.

@Spanishthere is no club! Its ALL Mel. He’s 100% shareholder. The club owns nothing, Mel owns it ALL. 

it’s tiring seeing people talking about what the club does and doesn’t own, there is no distinction

Mel = Club and Club = Mel

if the club owns something, ANYTHING, it belongs to Mel! 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

@Spanishthere is no club! Its ALL Mel. He’s 100% shareholder. The club owns nothing, Mel owns it ALL. 

it’s tiring seeing people talking about what the club does and doesn’t own, there is no distinction

Mel = Club and Club = Mel

if the club owns something, ANYTHING, it belongs to Mel! 

ok you are getting upset, let's leave it we have 2 different views which I have explained carefully

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

ok you are getting upset, let's leave it we have 2 different views which I have explained carefully

I appreciated it, even though I didn't quite follow it all. Bit early in the morning when I read it. ??

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I’m not getting upset with you, i fully understand the options and potential outcomes. I’m tired of the pissy, whiny, entitled,negative, pessimistic,think-the-worst so we can moan attitude people have. 

I will eat my own head if I’m wrong and the whingers are right. The club owns the ground because Mel IS the club as far as the reality goes. Clever/cute/shady but legal accounting practices may have the club split into many different entities, but they are ultimately all under the umbrella of Mel. 

Debt is not important. Every club ever sold has debt at point of sale! 

On 08/05/2021 at 09:55, Angry Ram said:

My take. If almost anyone else would have put their name to the OP, I would have shrugged my shoulders and moved on. I know Nick, not well just nodding really at games and have always admired the time and effort he has put into a club he clearly loves. We have both been in the 200 at Cardiff or Ipswich on a cold Tuesday. Not that makes anyone a super fan or anything and I know he has already batted those comments away. Those comments would have hurt him I’m sure. 
However he has posted it and I do give it credence because it was from him and what does he get from just stirring? That’s not him. We all know he has contacts in the club and will be a lot more ITK than I will ever be. 
I’ve had concerns about the club but only from what I see. This post has reaffirmed those fears. Some will poo poo, that’s fine but at least look beyond a post on a forum. Smoke and fire?  
??

Thank you Angry... Nice to not feel belittled as that seems the general approach to things on this forum. Crikey it has changed over the years..... 

Super fan - thank you. They do hurt me yes as I hate that tag! Again, those that know me, know that... From the outside and if you wanted to dig i could see why many would think that, really will never ever be the case though in my mind.

I see today we have more smoke and fire. Unfortunately the response on here is to setup a tongue in cheek poll as opposed to actually think what we need to do to be proactive. 

Perhaps @Davidas your DCFC Fans representative at meetings can offer his opinion into things goings on.  Would be good to hear your opinion as you have been present at many of the meetings I have.

11 minutes ago, therams69 said:

I see today we have more smoke and fire. Unfortunately the response on here is to setup a tongue in cheek poll as opposed to actually think what we need to do to be proactive. 

I set the poll up but, that aside....

You are asking us to be proactive.... How? What about? We don't know anything. You claim that you do but won't tell us. So what do you expect us to do?

Write to Mel? Write to our MP?

Dear Sirs, I must protest in the strongest possible terms about something I don't know anything about.

16 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Perhaps @Davidas your DCFC Fans representative at meetings can offer his opinion into things goings on.  Would be good to hear your opinion as you have been present at many of the meetings I have.

And why put this on David?

If you know something, why don't you tell us instead of trying to get somebody else to put their head above the parapet?