Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

15 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

But uncertainty is stressful. Just saying something might help.

Compare waiting 29-minutes on-hold with a call-centre:

(1) "Your call is important to us, but we are facing unexpectedly high (really?) call volumes";

(2) "You are currently number 3 in queue" [having been 10th].

Option (2) is far less stressful.

--------------

Fans may not be entitled to information - but fans should be treated well - and if stress can be reduced in this stressful world, then it should.

So, the club could say:

(1) routine steps are making progress;

(2) some issues have arisen, making things progress more slowly / stall;

(3) the situation is sensitive, and we cannot comment further;

(4) we are sorry that we cannot give further details at the moment;

(5) we cannot give further details because both sides are negotiating;

(6) SILENCE (imagine the worst - it could even be worse than that - and we don't care about you - the fans are just noisy yapping nobodies who provide a revenue stream)

(7) SILENCE (the fans will understand - we're busting a gut to do everything - and don't have a spare moment to read multiple comments or provide platitudinous updates)

(8) SILENCE (so much rests on the result of one football match - we are too stressed - give us a break)

It isn’t worth getting ‘stressed’ about. It is an overused word. Stress is dealing with a life threatening cancer, or being held up at knife point or not being able to meet mortgage payments through losing a job etc. etc. 
Keep smiling, have a nice cup of tea and all will be well with the world. 
keep the faith. 

13 hours ago, i-Ram said:

As I said, he has failed miserably, but hey ho some you win, some you lose. Mel Morris is still a very wealthy man. Yes he’s ‘lost’ perhaps £200m of his fortune to Derby, but he still ranks very highly in the UK as one of its most wealthiest individuals.

This reminds me of that annoying saying "if you want to make a small fortune from football, start with a large fortune".

If the clever wag who came up with that had bothered to put some numbers in there, then the quote could have been:

"if you want to end up with 500 million from football, start with a billion".

11 minutes ago, bcnram said:

It isn’t worth getting ‘stressed’ about. It is an overused word. Stress is dealing with a life threatening cancer, or being held up at knife point or not being able to meet mortgage payments through losing a job etc. etc. 
Keep smiling, have a nice cup of tea and all will be well with the world. 
keep the faith. 

I am probably going over the top - and we do forget the basics - like having a nice cup of tea! Timely reminder! Thanks!

-------------------

Stress is in the eye of the beholder.

And it is underlying stress that is the issue.

If someone is facing high levels of stress - then low sources of stress can have a massive impact.

To use your example, if someone is affected by cancer, along with the other examples that you gave - then they might not cope with the relatively low stress associated with  not getting updates from their football club.

I think that's why we should reduce stress faced by others, insofar as it is practicable - and when it's in our power to do so.

(And the impact of coronavirus has tended to increase stress levels for many people - making it more important that we try to avoid adding to it.)

(Your advice is right - and I'm off to make a cup of tea!)

50 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

That's all fine and it's good that you support your friend. However, he hasn't actually said anything - or told us anything - that others haven't already speculated or read in newspaper articles.

So, there's nothing new.

Surely, neither you or the OP can expect us all to get in a frenzy about something when we're not being told what it is - just that we should be very afraid.

He’s not a friend, just someone I see at games from time to time..  Someone who I personally respect and know has our clubs interests at heart.. Has he asked you to get into a ‘frenzy’? Ffs.. 

I am sure he knows more than he can let on and he is choosing not to divulge some details., He will have his reasons and I will respect those..

Most on here had their heads up their jacksies about Morris and would not heed the warning signals.. It was all Sam’s fault blah blah blah.. Bollxs Morris and Pearce sighed off those things. Must have, or that is hideous mismanagement.. 
Put everything together and make your own decision.. Nick is not asking your you swear allegiance to the cause, just be aware that things maybe worse than many suspect.. 

1 hour ago, Ken Tram said:

I don't know, but if they did, then that sounds like:

"Fans are not important to us, and we can't be arsed (bovvered)."

And, consequently, people will moan.

(Maybe ... we should be kind to the "worriers" or "moaners", and if they are annoying, instead of adminishing fellow fans, we should ask the club to say something that doesn't give the impression that it's fine to let fans get worried!

Unless ... of course ... we are not really fans ... but merely customers! (And maybe that is the point ... maybe we are supposed to stop loving the club ... and just pay cash for entertainment.)

Well of course they wouldn’t actually say that.

In my view they deliberately said that so that they didn’t have to give us a running commentary on how negotiations or things outside of their control (EFL review of a new owners suitability) and I’m relatively OK with that.

23 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I am a bit surprised by this post. Mainly because I usually agree with, and enjoy, most things you post (I won’t let this indiscretion affect my judgement ??). But your last two paragraphs are nonsense.

1) Mel Morris signed up to own and lead this club and he has failed pretty miserably. He knew the risks of his investment, but imagined and gambled he could quickly bankroll us in to the Prem. As I said, he has failed miserably, but hey ho some you win, some you lose. Mel Morris is still a very wealthy man. Yes he’s ‘lost’ perhaps £200m of his fortune to Derby, but he still ranks very highly in the UK as one of its most wealthiest individuals. He has a duty as owner and custodian of the club to ensure it is properly financed until the day he leaves, and that when he leaves it is in no worse financial position than when he took over. He also has in my view an obligation to ensure that the person he ultimately sells to is a fit and proper person to run a football club, and has the wherewithal to support the club through thick and thin. There is no reason whatsoever in my view that Mel Morris cannot commit publicly to both those matters now, and whenever asked in the future.

2) Whilst nobody should knock Pearce for his excellent accountancy skills, he is only as good in that regard as FRC Regulations and his Casio calculator allow. Now me, I would like the Club’s CEO to be a bit less “Smithers” and actually direct the Club in the right direction.

Up the Rams. Easy 3 nil win tomorrow. Thank god we have Mac in the background directing things ?

Season 3 Massage GIF

Well, the feeling's mutual so I'm sorry to disappoint you; I'll try to explain where I'm coming from as we're on the same page with a lot of what you say.

1) I'm not necessarily arguing with your assessment of Mel's tenure; my point is that if he has had enough (and he clearly has) and wants out asap, he has nothing to gain by making the type of public statements that @therams69 wants him to. I think we can all see we have moved away from "selling to someone perfect for DCFC" to "selling to whoever I can". Hence the flirtations with Gabay, Dell, BZI, Alonso and loans, charges, refinancing etc etc . He's personally bankrolled the club for the last year or so without wanting to/ got loans to cover costs, and if someone doesn't like the look of £1m plus leaving his personal bank account every month with no end in sight he won't worry too much about selling to whoever comes up with the cash first. 

Therefore, as noble as your sentiments undoubtedly are, he can't guarantee anything - the future of the club, that he will continue to bankroll it etc etc because it doesn't represent the reality. He could do all you say but he doesn't want to (and he has that right), and that's the crucial point, and therefore coming out and saying all will be well, I'll sell to the perfect DCFC buyer and will continue to fund the club until that happens is disingenuous. That was the point I was trying to make.

2) As for Stephen Pearce, everyone will have their view regards his ability as a leader and CEO, but the fact is for the last two years he's been operating in an environment where there is no strategic direction, where decisions are impossible given constant takeovers hanging over the club, where he has to find money month after month from somewhere to pay the wages. Then Covid hit, and for the last 14 months he's had to run a club with zero income. It's a hard job and in my opinion he deserves credit for keeping it going rather than calls for his resignation.  

8 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Well of course they wouldn’t actually say that.

In my view they deliberately said that so that they didn’t have to give us a running commentary on how negotiations or things outside of their control (EFL review of a new owners suitability) and I’m relatively OK with that.

Hey Tamworthram, just seen you feature on that Bristol City forum, that eejit Papadopolopoloplop’s been over and took a screenshot featuring one of your posts. 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/211798-Derby-takeover/page/2/

9 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Hey Tamworthram, just seen you feature on that Bristol City forum, that eejit Papadopolopoloplop’s been over and took a screenshot featuring one of your posts. 

Is he OK? I thought Leeds fans were obsessed. Is this all because we got a draw with them in some game a few years ago? Sometimes I wonder why I have so little free time compared to others. 

2 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Is he OK? I thought Leeds fans were obsessed. Is this all because we got a draw with them in some game a few years ago? Sometimes I wonder why I have so little free time compared to others. 

Reading that 49 page Charge they took out last August with MSD for the first time in a while, there must be something I'm missing

He's missing

A- A life

B- A responsible adult to take him out for a few hours

C- His entire supply of headache tablets after Cardiff's equaliser

D- All of the above

On 07/05/2021 at 14:37, Leeds Ram said:

The lack of comment and general mystery surrounding the club is a problem that Mel needs to fix. It does make me think something is amiss as if everything was totally fine then they could simply release a statement reassuring us all and that would be that. It wouldn't need to comment on the Alonso takeover but simply reaffirm the financial health of the club itself and address the rumours that are doing the rounds. The fact they aren't doing that makes me wonder if it's because they can't do it and that is worrying on its own. I hope these issues are addressed as soon as possible so we can all be made aware of the actual state of the club. 

MM addressed all this via the daily fail two or three months back. Everyone seems to have forgotten 

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Bloke lives on here. 

Ah excellent, been quoted on DCFCfans or cited anyway. I occasionally cut through to an audience. 

2 point deduction would be splendid if the Appeal comes through for this season. 

Mel Morris and Rooney in League One would be a great thing. It would be very funny.

Odd thing is, Tamworth Ram and G Star Ram appear to be sensible posters yet spouted some poo on this subject. No idea about Curtains.

Is King David still running that place. 

Looking forward to Bristol running into FFP trouble in next couple of seasons. Although they’ll probably get lucky and FFP will be scrapped. Lot of money spent on players and wages. People forget we’re actually struggling because we’re cutting our cloth.