Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Are you seriously suggesting that the short-legged, weasel-faced, greasy permanent-waved, Parmo-munching Gibson actually has a wife?
What on Earth would she see in such a despicable multi-millionaire?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9416587/Steve-Gibsons-chauffeur-mistakenly-sent-tycoons-wife-Polly-text-calling-f-nuts.html

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

Feel like not a lot has been mentioned around this - hasn’t made it through all the doom and gloom. Was anything else said? 

He just said people are circling with interest like vultures was the term used lol and a party has come back in previously interested. there is quite a bit of interest from there understanding 

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I don't believe that for one minute.  In fact, it must surely be bordering on libel? 

Are you seriously suggesting that the short-legged, weasel-faced, greasy permanent-waved, Parmo-munching Gibson actually has a wife?
What on Earth would she see in such a despicable multi-millionaire?

Sorry, I ain't 'avin that!   

#standtobecorrected, mind!   

He is known for his cunning stunts whilst she is known for her stunning ...........

Apologies to Mrs Merton interviewing Debbie McGee

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Will they ever piss off?

Bamford’s.

The irony, of course, is that season in question: Derby had 9th highest wage bill in the Championship (£40m) and Middlesbrough had the 4th highest wage bill in the Championship with £49m. Yet, it claims that we made it impossible for other teams to compete fairly? Aston Villa had a wage bill of £83m that same season, double ours. It's an outrageous claim. 

I'm certainly not an optimist but I'm not a pessimist either; middle of the road realist, that's me.

I'm now fearing that liquidation is a very real possibility.

12 point deduction and a January fire sale, will condemn us to League One next season.

FFP points deduction of 9+3 points, probably applied next season. There's also the possibility of 15 points if non-football creditors aren't paid 25%. That will send us down to League Two.

As the Wycombe chairman (spit) says: who is going to want to buy a League Two club with £50mill debt? (and no ground, no academy).

I've been thinking for a long time that it is going to take the demise of a big club to shake up the football world and bring in some professional governing bodies. I just never thought it would be my club, Derby County ? 

COYR ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58641014

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I'm certainly not an optimist but I'm not a pessimist either; middle of the road realist, that's me.

12 point deduction and a January fire sale, will condemn us to League One next season.

FFP points deduction of 9+3 points, probably applied next season. There's also the possibility of 15 points if non-football creditors aren't paid 25%. That will send us down to League Two.

As the Wycombe chairman (spit) says: who is going to want to buy a League Two club with £50mill debt? (and no ground, no academy).

I've been thinking for a long time that it is going to take the demise of a big club to shake up the football world and bring in some professional governing bodies. I just never thought it would be my club, Derby County ? 

COYR ?

What happens with a January fire sale?  We only have 8 players contracted to the club past this season as it is. 

I obviously can see the requirement to sell players, but as it's the middle of the season and there isn't bosman players knocking about - what on earth do we actually do? 

Sell the players, put the under 18s in? I know Bolton had to play a lot of kids during their relegation season, but they still had a much deeper team than we currently do, especially if we start selling the very few players we have. 

I guess it doesn't matter too much, considering the issues at the club. 

Was administration really necessary?

Mel blaming covid but we are pretty much out of covid.

We're getting fans back in the ground, our wage bill with the players that have left and the max £4.5k PW for new players must mean our wage bill is at the lowest i  years

Surely money coming to money going out looks a lot better

If HMRC & others are calling in debts then surely he has enough money (if he cared) to do a directors loan to the club at zero interest & pay off all debts & loans which would put us in a better position than paying interest

He literally doesn't care. If our accounts fail then take the points. 

Surely morris is still a very wealthy man.

Thissituation stinks more because it feels like he wont sort the mess he created or fund the club rather than can't 

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

What happens with a January fire sale?  We only have 8 players contracted to the club past this season as it is. 

I obviously can see the requirement to sell players, but as it's the middle of the season and there isn't bosman players knocking about - what on earth do we actually do? 

Sell the players, put the under 18s in? I know Bolton had to play a lot of kids during their relegation season, but they still had a much deeper team than we currently do, especially if we start selling the very few players we have. 

Depends what point of time your assessing Boltons squad. They played a team with an average of 19 at one and were basically almost asking for volunteers to play. They've had much, much thinner squads than us at various points in the last few years

2 hours ago, CocuBarmyArmy said:

The EFL need to step up here and protect us from this, no basis what so ever and it's disgusting.

He is trying to let the EFL know that they have to execute Derby with more points deduction - EFL have no balls so we will see if they tell him to go away - anyway doesn’t that show something about this nerd - it wouldn’t be so bad if Middlesbrough actually played any football and was a nice place 

28 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Some folks are positively suggesting we can overcome the 12 point deduction. Well, even though there's been an improvement in both results and performances over last season, further improvement will be required to overtake three other teams.

A fire sale in January will scupper that idea altogether.

There's also the question of additional points deductions. I would not put it past the EFL to delay those until next season if it looks like we're certain for the drop anyway this season.

EFL fighting to protect football and football clubs. Yeah right. Bury, Bolton, Wigan, now Derby.

Shame on them.

11 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Depends what point of time your assessing Boltons squad. They played a team with an average of 19 at one and were basically almost asking for volunteers to play. They've had much, much thinner squads than us at various points in the last few years

Oooh, ooh silver lining.....can I get a game? I'd at least increase the average age of the side ? 

pickme.gif.cf1c5ce3d5a6a11d0e2e25db032f3103.gif

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Did i not say this was under the caveat of “i hope” 

I'm not claiming any substance for this other than i dont believe anyone whos a been a fan of a club for circa 50 years would let them vanish 

there has to be more to it 

surely ?

Im perhaps , hoping, maybe scared of the truth i dont know 

i just think.. based on nithing more but my over active mind theres another layer to this 

35 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Some folks are positively suggesting we can overcome the 12 point deduction. Well, even though there's been an improvement in both results and performances over last season, further improvement will be required to overtake three other teams.

A fire sale in January will scupper that idea altogether.

There's also the question of additional points deductions. I would not put it past the EFL to delay those until next season if it looks like we're certain for the drop anyway this season.

EFL fighting to protect football and football clubs. Yeah right. Bury, Bolton, Wigan, now Derby.

Shame on them.

Well we've managed an average of 1.25 points per game so far (should have been more with the Peterborough & Forest games )

so that's on course for 57 or 58 points for the season. Take 12 off that & it might just be enough. We survived with 44 points last season

Jason Knight is fit again & if we can get & keep Bielik & CKR, who knows

Of course any further punishment or fire sale & we're ducked

Edited by SamUltraRam

43 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Was administration really necessary?

Mel blaming covid but we are pretty much out of covid.

We're getting fans back in the ground, our wage bill with the players that have left and the max £4.5k PW for new players must mean our wage bill is at the lowest i  years

Surely money coming to money going out looks a lot better

If HMRC & others are calling in debts then surely he has enough money (if he cared) to do a directors loan to the club at zero interest & pay off all debts & loans which would put us in a better position than paying interest

He literally doesn't care. If our accounts fail then take the points. 

Surely morris is still a very wealthy man.

Thissituation stinks more because it feels like he wont sort the mess he created or fund the club rather than can't 

We are out of covid… but that doesnt mean that it didnt wipe a seasons revenues off for us 

20 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Gibson is a trucking dunce...

I wander if he knows that we have a fair chance of overturning that 12 points cos the part of the efl handbook about entering admin because of extream factors out of our control 

and so wants to get us ducked some other how 

reading are allegedly going to use it cant imagine for a second that we wouldnt if were taken over by new owners 

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

COYR ?

If your not a pessimist can any pessimists hovering the fingertips over the keyboard please refrain! I might liquidate myself after reading that ?

For anyone thinking about whether it would be possible to form a ‘Phoenix’ club, Bury AFC formed last season, but the season got suspended due to COVID.
This season, After 10 games they are second in the North West Counties League First Division North, which is at level 10 in the football pyramid.

These are the current non-league clubs in Derbyshire, level 10 would be around the level of Heanor and Borrowash Vics.

It would be good fun for a bit, but they wouldn’t see league football in my lifetime.

Level 5 

Chesterfield National League

Level 6 

Alfreton Town National League North

Level 7 

Buxton NPL (Northern Premier League) Premier Division

Matlock Town NPL Premier Division

Mickleover FC NPL Premier Division

Level 8

Belper Town NPL Division One East

Glossop North End NPL Division One

Gresley NPL Division One East

Level 9 

Ilkeston Town MFL (Midland Football League) Premier Division

Long Eaton United MFL Premier Division

South Normanton Athletic MFL Premier Division

Staveley Miners Welfare NCEL (Northern Counties East League) Premier Division

Level 10

Belper United EMCL (East Midlands Counties League)

FC Bolsover NCEL (Northern Counties East League) Division One

Borrowash Victoria EMCL

Dronfield Town NCEL Division One

Graham Street Prims EMCL

Heanor Town EMCL

New Mills NWCL (North West Counties League) Division One South

Shirebrook Town NCEL Division One