Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

7 hours ago, GenBr said:

Could it? The cost of land will not be as significant for us as it would be for somewhere in London, but i dont think you'd get much change out of £60 mill to build a 30,000 seater stadium. Thats if you could even do it for that.

There aren't many stadiums of that size even built outside of London, so hard to even compare costs.

Brighton - £93m

Coventry - £113m

21 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Only in as much as the club will be sold to the highest bidder, that will be the only scrutinisation, please do not think administrators are nice people. they are not, they are scum, as I have stated previously they are jackals.

That’s the 1st thing I thought they won’t think who’s the best owners for our future they will sell to the highest bidder who could be borrowing money or God knows what.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I suspect this may be the light at the end of the tunnel that for once, is not an oncoming train! Presumably Morris is obliged to meet the agreed terms (even if they involve staged payments) in order for the sale to be completed. What seems incredibly unlikely is that he can take ownership for £20million versus the much publicised £80 million valuation when he has himself put the relevant 'creditor' into administration.

Seems to me there are various plausible outcomes:

1) He confirms his intention to complete the sale, in which case the club is owed @£60 million which offsets our current borrowing 

2) He relinquishes the stadium ownership and tries to recoup the £20 million already paid - good luck with that!

3) He refuses to make further repayments to the club so ownership defaults back to the club and he forfeits the £20 million already paid

I suspect this scenario was a major factor in the dozen plus enquiries from interested parties the club received before the weekend was out. That is to say, a scenario whereby any buyer were to settle our debt book but in return receive an £80 million asset in the process, would surely make the deal of significant interest. 

The optimist in me wonders whether administration might not be a cute way for Mel to honour his promises whilst at the same time providing an immediate means for him to escape the ongoing financial burdens associated with continued ownership, as well settling accounts with a rightfully unhappy fanbase and simultaneously ending the war with the EFL. 

V v interesting 

i know many will call me for this and their right to do so … and i may end up with egg on my face … which i truly hope that isnt the case 

but … here goes 

despite his monstrous rooster ups no one can deny mel is Derby through and through

hes been irresponsible hes been reckless but hes done it with the goal of getting his club of 50 years to the prem

i dont think he would put his home town club in a position where liquidation could happen

im hoping/ preying ur much better than i could write theory (no 1 if i had to guess) is a distinct posibility

I believe he has a cunning plan 

i also belive he thinks the club has a better chance with the efl without him in the picture

I firmly expect us to challenge the admin points deduction with the covid narrative that he was spinning on RD 

Edited by NottsRam77

10 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

They are not I put their numbers up in a thread but it was removed,

They lost £31million y/e June 2020, profit of £1.8 million June 2019,  loss of £6.6 million June 2018 so 3 year period £35.8 million loss be interesting to see what happens this year, I think he is doing the classic don't look at this look at that over there

Meghan?

Just now, G-Ram said:

We're in administration, have no money to spend & are talking about building a new stadium ?

We're not going to survive without a new owner. Said owner is going to have to be pretty rich to save us. 

Either we are liquidated and start again with nothing in which case we'll need a new stadium or we get bought outby another billionaire who would be able to afford a new stadium if mel doesnt play ball.

Either way the lack of money that the current incarnation of Derby county has is temporary

11 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

V v interesting 

i know many will call me for this and their right to do so … and i may end up with egg on my face … which i truly hope that isnt the case 

but … here goes 

despite his monstrous rooster ups no one can deny mel is Derby through and through

Where's your evidence of this

hes been irresponsible hes been reckless but hes done it with the goal of getting his club of 50 years to the prem

That's plainly obvious, Now we're in administration because of it

i dont think he would put his home town club in a position where liquidation could happen

Only time will tell

im hoping/ preying ur much better than i could write theory (no 1 if i had to guess) is a distinct posibility

?

I believe he has a cunning plan 

Go on tell us all...what is his cunning plan

i also belive he thinks the club has a better chance with the efl without him in the picture

Most definately not sending each other Xmas cards

I firmly expect us to challenge the admin points deduction with the covid narrative that he was spinning on RD 

As we were in an embargo we missed out on a £8.3 million loan, That would have softened the Covid blow, No challenge!

Would be absolutely hilarious if we get another day in court to present the rationale behind our accounting methods. Get a proper expert witness to back our case this time, and get a legal ruling that our accounts are absolutely compliant and we haven’t actually breached FFP spending rules. It would put the EFL in a very interesting position, all thanks to Steve Gibson.

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

Watching sky earlier rob dorsett said people are circling to buy the club and a group who were in before have come back in I wonder who that is. 

Feel like not a lot has been mentioned around this - hasn’t made it through all the doom and gloom. Was anything else said?

Maybe the duo @ossieram mentioned earlier is those said people? 

Edited by Ramos