Worst fans in the world?

Gringo

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

We also conceded 27 more goals in 3 fewer games so, it may have been more entertaining (a bit before my time) but they weren’t necessarily a better team than we’ve got now.

I would say we had a better team when we were relegated 1983/84(just my opionion ) In the squad I THINK  we still had Archie Gemmill /Steve Powell/ Roy Mcfarland/Steve Buckley/John Robertson/Bobby Davison/Kevin Wilson/Kenny Burns /Paul Blades/John Barton/Yakka Banovic/Andy Garner All gave 100% with probably Robbo being the only exception ?

7 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

I would say we had a better team when we were relegated 1983/84(just my opionion ) In the squad I THINK  we still had Archie Gemmill /Steve Powell/ Roy Mcfarland/Steve Buckley/John Robertson/Bobby Davison/Kevin Wilson/Kenny Burns /Paul Blades/John Barton/Yakka Banovic/Andy Garner All gave 100% with probably Robbo being the only exception ?

I agree but the stats we are talking about are from the 54/55 season

On 05/05/2021 at 21:14, Asheville Ram said:

Based on the idiotic ramblings on here over the past month or so, I have come to the firm conclusion that we have some of the worst “fans” in the footballing world.

At least 50% plus of the posters on this site it would seem are praying we get relegated so that they can scream “I told you so” in their insane vitriolic campaign against Wayne, Mel and the players 

What a load of tosh... It is that silly that I find it slightly amusing. A classic example of not thinking before you write.

Edited by DanS1992

13 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Didn't Hitler listen to Goering and instead of pushing forward on land, agreed the Luftwaffe could do the job and this miscalculation allowed us to slink away and claim a great victory...so maybe if Sheff Wed rest Bannan and Rhodes until the last 20mins and we hold out for 0-0, the Cardiff victory that saves us can be the vital US support we quickly ungratefully forget ... 

Yes they went Luftwaffe because they wanted to save their tanks for the invasion of Russia. The tanks were also running out of fuel as they had outrun supplies. The soldiers were also knackered and low on food, drugs (speed)  and ammunition because of the seed of the advance. In the end, the speed of their attack worked against them.   

Edited by sage

The annoying thing about this thread is that its quite true. 

There's a guy on Twitter who set up an account called BarryTheRam to tweet out 'ITK' information and then logs back into his normal account to abuse the other account and accuse other people of being this mystery man.... What is the point ? An actual grown man as well i'd like to add to this

Very Odd

I liked this post simply because it was funny to see how easily people were triggered. 

On the other hand, remembering back to the days when we were allowed in, the vocal support had waned in recent times, perhaps not surprisingly. South Stand, which has always done a great job in keeping the atmosphere going, had become quiet, which means everywhere else, is the crowd in general were too quick to get on the players' backs. The general atmosphere ranged somewhere between bored and a bit disappointed.

We're not the worst fans but I generally don't believe we're that great. Hopefully we'll all be so pleased to get back, we can return to the days when we really got behind the team regardless of how they were playing.