Am I the only one feeling happy tonight?

RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bit early mate for exams mate. Back in the old days exams started last week of May.  I vividly remember waking up in a cellar at a student house in Macklin street after a bank holiday Monday.  The sofa I'd fell asleep on was only half the length of me and I had about 3 quid in my pocket to get the bus to Nottingham for a exam on statistical analysis in at 11. Felt horrific, I don't know how I passed.

I don't know what happened to the rest of the 50 quid I had as it was a lot of money in 94.  Anyone who remembers the madness of a bank holiday Monday start on Sadler gate at midday will know such things were easily done though.  Bank holiday Monday on Sadler gate- bloody brilliant- where did it go.

Pretty impressive managing to pass after that lot ?.

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

don't know what happened to the rest of the 50 quid I had as it was a lot of money in 94.  Anyone who remembers the madness of a bank holiday Monday start on Sadler gate at midday will know such things were easily done though.  Bank holiday Monday on Sadler gate- bloody brilliant- where did it go.

I remember my first bank holiday down Sadlergate. 

We had to leave at 3pm as all the pubs shut, and the only place open was Pizza Hut round the corner. 

2 hrs later, one Meat Feast between 8 and God knows how many buckets of Bud on the £20 offer and we were on our way again.

Kids today don't know they're born!

Apart from the Corona thing, obvs.

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

I remember my first bank holiday down Sadlergate. 

We had to leave at 3pm as all the pubs shut, and the only place open was Pizza Hut round the corner. 

2 hrs later, one Meat Feast between 8 and God knows how many buckets of Bud on the £20 offer and we were on our way again.

Kids today don't know they're born!

Apart from the Corona thing, obvs.

?

Went to The Vines one bank holiday about 5 years ago and it was three of us and some tumbleweed.  Used to be like getting out the popside squeezing down that tunnel it was so packed .

Good days 

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Feel a little robbed having watched Luton v Rotherham. Luton had a goal disallowed and I thought it was a good goal. If it was 1-0 then I would be even happier

I actually missed the goal.  But I was wondering . Just our luck at the minute.

image.thumb.png.755444445cb5113a6bfcb213742323dc.png

If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.

It's an irrelevance that we now know that if we beat Sheff Wednesday then we stay up - knowing you need to do something and it translating to reality are two entirely different kettles of fishes.

I seriously think it's beyond Rooney to try and motivate this bunch of players so why would we suddenly expect him to get them to generate a match winning performance after he's failed to do this time after time after time. It's pathetic.

Best we can hope for is Rotherham failing to win and we scab a draw - saying that with The Wendies knowing they have to beat us I can't see that happening.

It's down to the starting 11 to battle and win some as that. If one player comes off the pitch with out given 100% then keep on walking.

Have to say.... I'm hyped up already for this game, to be in pp on Saturday is what we a wish for right now 

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

?? though this is the worst we've been in a long time, I'm also feeling optimism however the weekend goes. This surely has to be the wake up call? 

I'll be joining on the booze on Saturday. My week is a fun one full of University exams, and I get to celebrate the weekend watching our team get relegated ?.

Enjoy! It's all downhill from there ?

Wilson will do us a favour on Saturday and help Cardiff win against Rothers. This is the third time I will say it. We will get a draw. We will go through all manner of emotions but get a mountain of alcohol around you, loads of pizzas and try and enjoy. We will SURVIVE! COYR???

Let’s get it right here, as it’s all worked out this is our 7TH (YES 7TH!!!)opportunity to survive. It’s absolutely bonkers. The pessimists who thought we were down months ago were thinking Rotherham would get 50 points and we would limp to about 48 points and it wouldn’t be enough. Not even the ultimate doomster could have foreseen Derby losing 6 in a row after Luton  (the first time we’ve done that at this level since 1984), and the only way we go down (Rotherham won’t beat Cardiff) is by losing 7 in a row, which we haven’t done at this level since 1955!!! Its potentially a duck up of monumental proportion, but I say potentially because (incredibly, amazingly, unbelievably) we still have the opportunity to survive.

If Derby County was a horse then it’s so lame it would’ve been put down months ago!! We’re at home against a team below us that isn’t great on the road, we’ve used up 6 lives already, it’s down to this one game everything else is now 100% irrelevant.

Hopefully we go for the win because if we go for a draw, Rotherham might do the unthinkable but we’ll lose. If we go for the win we might get pegged back and draw which could be enough. What won’t be acceptable is a gutless shameful 3-0 or 4-0 loss which is perfectly possible with this team.

The hope however misguided is back until Sunday 3pm at least, by which time hope will be replaced by complete and utter relief, or despair, or actually just numbness to our situation.

9 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

It's really not, they are relying on Rotherham. They could beat us and still go down. We beat Wednesday, we cannot go down.

Exactly - a 'play-off final' to stay up. Let's hope we get this one right! ?

#COYR

10 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.

It's an irrelevance that we now know that if we beat Sheff Wednesday then we stay up - knowing you need to do something and it translating to reality are two entirely different kettles of fishes.

I seriously think it's beyond Rooney to try and motivate this bunch of players so why would we suddenly expect him to get them to generate a match winning performance after he's failed to do this time after time after time. It's pathetic.

Best we can hope for is Rotherham failing to win and we scab a draw - saying that with The Wendies knowing they have to beat us I can't see that happening.

Sadly I think you may be right. I'd love us to go out there with the intent of winning and put in a proper performance. But they've said that for the past month and nothing has changed. I think we will get a draw and stay up. In the end, we will be lucky but Barnsley were lucky to stay up last season and look where they are now. Hopefully we can dust ourselves down and move forwards again.

11 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

And! As far as I can tell, the development of players, and increasing their value, can be an important part of footballing success. (On a basic level, how would clubs with smaller fan bases have sufficient income?)

If this is a key to success - we should be extremely cautious about closing the academy.

Alonso alluded to being a Club that spends money on players...hope he's now "on message" about the need to grow your own players...

12 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

It's really not, they are relying on Rotherham. They could beat us and still go down. We beat Wednesday, we cannot go down.

That goes for their chances of survival, but seeing as they could relegate us with one of 2 results - either by beating us or holding us to a draw - our survival is just as much in their hands as it is ours.

Cardiff's recent 5-1 loss to Sheff Weds doesn't give me a great amount of belief that they're not going to get done by Rotherham either.

Edited by Coconut