Morgan Whittaker

angieram

Morgan Whittaker has always struck me as being one of the good guys. Polite and friendly on social media, very loyal to Derby while he was here, put in a shift for the Community Trust. Imo, a classy footballer in the making.

I hope he goes on to have a very successful career. 

Twitter rumour has it that the abuser is a Swansea fan, although why would you abuse a player who is scoring for you? Why would you abuse a player full stop?

Whoever it is, totally agree with bans but more importantly,  criminal charges.

Yeah, this sort of thing has to stop. But you could tell it was going to happen. Added to the fact he scored a goal that could send us down, it didn't help that Sky kept showing him smiling and talking to team mates on the bench after being subbed off was going to wind up some brainless twits.

The lad hasn't done anything wrong, just doing his job. If anything we should be blaming the club for selling him and not having a striker like him available when we really need him. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the amount of bad luck we've had with the squad over the last couple of years is crazy and having only 2 fit options that are strikers when we can't score consistently might be the final nail in the coffin.

2 hours ago, roboto said:

Yeah, this sort of thing has to stop. But you could tell it was going to happen. Added to the fact he scored a goal that could send us down, it didn't help that Sky kept showing him smiling and talking to team mates on the bench after being subbed off was going to wind up some brainless twits.

The lad hasn't done anything wrong, just doing his job. If anything we should be blaming the club for selling him and not having a striker like him available when we really need him. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the amount of bad luck we've had with the squad over the last couple of years is crazy and having only 2 fit options that are strikers when we can't score consistently might be the final nail in the coffin.

CKR half fit, struggling to name another. ?

2 hours ago, angieram said:

You can't possibly blame Sky for this. That's like saying, "she was asking for it."

To clear things up I wasn't blaming Sky, but I could see that them showing repeated clips of him after he'd been subbed off might rub some people up the wrong way.

I'm happy for the lad that he is getting game time at a good club that will hopefully help lift his career to higher levels than he was achieving here.

30 minutes ago, MickD said:

CKR half fit, struggling to name another. ?

I was kinda counting Waghorn as he's played up front recently and we keep getting reminded that he prefers to play centrally.

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

To clear things up I wasn't blaming Sky, but I could see that them showing repeated clips of him after he'd been subbed off might rub some people up the wrong way.

I'm happy for the lad that he is getting game time at a good club that will hopefully help lift his career to higher levels than he was achieving here.

? Good. No excuses. 

I recall MANY years ago.

A certain Francis Lee was playing for the Rams at the BBG against Man City, his former club.

"Fans of Man City were chanting 'City Reject' which didn't bother him. This legendary player went on to score the winning goal and saluted the away end!

Only a very noisy minority had insulted him. It is probably similar with Morgan who I for one would love to see also achieve legendary status in years to come!

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Unfortunately it was a Derby fan, who once caught/heckled on Twitter for abusing him, changed his name etc to pretend he was a Swansea fan

I thought it was odd. Doesn't surprise me that it is a Derby 'fan' seeing some of the recent offerings on there.

2 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Unfortunately it was a Derby fan, who once caught/heckled on Twitter for abusing him, changed his name etc to pretend he was a Swansea fan

39 minutes ago, angieram said:

I thought it was odd. Doesn't surprise me that it is a Derby 'fan' seeing some of the recent offerings on there.

Doesn't surprise me. More evidence of cowardice.  

• 3 months later...