Show of support at Pride Park - Saturday 10am

Sean

Got back about 10 mins ago, I estimated around 200 fans there, I was quite moved actually and it really brought it home how much I’ve missed going to the ground on match days. I really hope the players appreciate the sentiment behind today’s show of support and do what the banner says, leave everything on the pitch. Great to see Bucko  there with his fighting attitude, come on Derby we can do this! 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

We're celebrating being 4th from bottom. I'll be called grumpy, I don't care. It's not worth celebrating, they should be embarrassed that it came down to it today. Nothing to celebrate.

Its a difficult one and i know exactly where you are coming from, but in the heat of the moment having been on the ride we have been on today i think we can, or at least i can, allow them a little celebration.

It is crap and staying up on 44 points relying on others is not what we should be celebrating, but phew....im happy more out of relief than achieving something today.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I can appreciate the relief and am happy to champion the character and bottle shown today, but celebrating isnt appropriate in my opinion. 

Try telling that to the thousands who invaded the pitch v Fulham in 1983......enjoy the emotion of the day and worry about the future tomorrow ??????

Just now, MrPlinkett said:

Its a difficult one and i know exactly where you are coming from, but in the heat of the moment having been on the ride we have been on today i think we can, or at least i can, allow them a little celebration.

It is crap and staying up on 44 points relying on others is not what we should be celebrating, but phew....im happy more out of relief than achieving something today.

A little celebration in the changing room with their teammates. They were running around the pitch and then bouncing outside the stadium. For what? Scraping a point out of 7 games to stay up? Nobody should be viewing this season as something to celebrate, more something to bury and forget about. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

A little celebration in the changing room with their teammates. They were running around the pitch and then bouncing outside the stadium. For what? Scraping a point out of 7 games to stay up? Nobody should be viewing this season as something to celebrate, more something to bury and forget about. 

Yeah i know exactly what you mean, i cant argue against the sentiment. It doesnt bother me though to actually see that they are bloody pleased they have stayed up, thats probably more pleasing than anything.

I don't begrudge the players a bit of fun with the fans today at all.

We are  relieved, they must also be so relieved. I think they've missed us more than we have missed them. 

They are just young lads who have been under a tremendous amount of pressure. 

Thete will be time to sort it all out, some will be casualties of the awful season we've had, but they should enjoy themselves tonight.