Show of support at Pride Park - Saturday 10am

Sean

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Probably not the the right thread but there have been about 50 cases in Derby in the past week and 1 death. 

Might be time to start enjoying life again ?

Whilst I would normally agree... rules are rules. Could send out a bad message where people in a position of power (the players) disregard them. 

I get I may sound like a boring miserable bar steward but I’m just as happy we are staying up sat at home with a few beers and a Chinese. ?

10 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Whilst I would normally agree... rules are rules. Could send out a bad message where people in a position of power (the players) disregard them. 

I get I may sound like a boring miserable bar steward but I’m just as happy we are staying up sat at home with a few beers and a Chinese. ?

No, don't think you're miserable or a bar steward.

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

The players didn't even win today, they're celebrating Cardiff keeping us up. The fans can celebrate, if you're a player how can you not be ashamed to celebrate? They almost got us relegated to a league we've not been in for 40 years. Let the fans celebrate, bouncing around like you won a trophy when you scraped a draw with sheffield wednesday is embarrassing.

In your opinion, I disagree 

When Lampard ducked off and when Rooney ducks off, we’ll always be here. Without fans football is nothing, always remember that no matter what division we are in ?

174F1612-CE7D-4BD4-A211-09DCB24751ED.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

When Lampard ducked off and when Rooney ducks off, we’ll always be here. Without fans football is nothing, always remember that no matter what division we are in ?

They are part of the memories. They are part of the club. #COYR

1 minute ago, EdinRam said:

I'm sorry but I know we have just stayed up but the scenes after were pretty embarrassing and make us look tinpot. We stayed up by a scratch, we haven't just won the champions league. 

Im sorry but the fact that we have so many fans that think we are too big a club to celebrate surviving relegation in the last 5 minutes of the season is embarrassing too.

4 minutes ago, EdinRam said:

I'm sorry but I know we have just stayed up but the scenes after were pretty embarrassing and make us look tinpot. We stayed up by a scratch, we haven't just won the champions league. 

Calm yourself down, every club would celebrate staying up on the last day of the season. Its want fans do, as for us being tin pot, you are tin pot, so please make sure you stay away from Pride Park next season, we do not need your negativity around our great club. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Calm yourself down, every club would celebrate staying up on the last day of the season. Its want fans do, as for us being tin pot, you are tin pot, so please make sure you stay away from Pride Park next season, we do not need your negativity around our great club. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Sorry mate just the way I see it. There is a lot of relief but nothing that is deemed worth celebrating in my eyes. The whole season and personnel are a massive disappointment 

On the celebration when teams stay up do they look stony eyed, have a quick hand up in recognition of the fans celebration and go home beating themselves up for being awful all season? I think most of the time people are jumping up and down, on their knees crying with relief/joy and releasing their emotions. I am utterly drained after experiencing it as a fan and watching it let alone what playing in a game like that feels like. 

I totally get that we've not been good enough and this applies to both players and staff throughout the season. I'm probably also thought of as one of the more negative people on this forum but today I'm not sure how anyone cannot just feel pure relief and joy that we've avoided the trap door. Yes, tomorrow we can dissect where it's all gone wrong and my gut tells me this is probably a stay of execution rather than anything else and yes I still firmly believe we need a complete clear out. But today, we've avoided something that would have been catastrophic for the club, by hook and by crook we've survived in this division and tonight we've surely got to let everything else go and just revel in that. 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Lovely in black and white with the statue

Applaud every single fan that went to support the players today, they clearly appreciated it and as supporters that is our role in all this madness.

It’s easy to get behind the team when we’re winning, not so easy to do when you’re in the form we’ve been in.

I don’t care what other club fans say or try to claim it was, you were an absolute credit to this club today and I’m proud to say I’m a Ram.

1 hour ago, EdinRam said:

Whilst I agree with you that wildly celebrating after failing to do the job ourselves seems a little bizarre I don't really think they could've reacted in any other way. There's not much point in doing the whole "I'm going to get my head down and be better next season" routine when more than half of the squad have no idea if they'll still be here. I wouldn't worry about looking "tinpot". We do look tinpot, but that's due to the fact that we finished 21st and have been dreadful rather than celebrating that we didn't go down.

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

Whilst I agree with you that wildly celebrating after failing to do the job ourselves seems a little bizarre I don't really think they could've reacted in any other way. There's not much point in doing the whole "I'm going to get my head down and be better next season" routine when more than half of the squad have no idea if they'll still be here. I wouldn't worry about looking "tinpot". We do look tinpot, but that's due to the fact that we finished 21st and have been dreadful rather than celebrating that we didn't go down.

Fair comments here mate, the feeling of celebration just hasn't hit me. Getting into the play offs and winning promotion I would probably go on a 14 day bender but this season has just been awful. I'm so glad it's over.

Great show of support from the fans before the game. It was exactly what was needed. I totally understand the emotion from the players after the game, but I was a little confused regarding the players running into the supporters. It's not a great look on various different levels. As a squad, they've vastly underperformed for the entire season and really didn't even win the game on the final day to keep us up. 1 win in the last 15 games of the season should be an embarrassment to any professional within the team. All that being said, we managed to get over the line - mostly thanks to Marlon Pack. 

Nevertheless, we have months now to dissect this season and a lot of the players who played today likely won't be at the club next season, so why not enjoy the moment? It was a good way for Waghorn to bow out - one of the finest performances in a Derby shirt after an utter shocking season by him. The loan players are likely to go back, plus you would have to imagine that without a takeover then we're susceptible to players being sold: Marshall, Sibley, Jozwiak, Knight and Lawrence come to mind. 

The worst season I've had supporting Derby is officially over. I will drink to that