Show of support at Pride Park - Saturday 10am

Sean

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I will be celebrating with a few drinks tonight. Celebrating our survival in this division. Celebrating the performances of our players today. Celebrating the redemption of some. Celebrating the potentially devastating blow that relegation could have caused to our club. 

But if you cannot understand why some supporters are not in the mood celebrating, then you are, as one ex-manager would put it, an ostrich. 

Nothing about this season deserves to be celebrated. It has been the worst in my lifetime supporting this club. Under Cocu this season, we were hopeless, and under Rooney we have been hopeless, too. So hopeless, that we were nearly relegated, but for an equaliser at Cardiff City. That is a disgrace. 

Both managers have absolutely not succeeded at this club and I dread the thought of starting the next season with the latter in charge. 

Fundamental change needs to happen at this football club over the summer. A complete and utter fresh start, ideally from top down

A new owner. A new structure at board level. A new coaching team and a decent roster of new players.

Will that happen? I doubt it. But I didn't think we'd stay up either.

Serious question, how old are you? For those of us of a certain age, although football is very important, it's just a game. It makes us happy. It makes us sad. It makes us bloody depressed. With Derby County the emotions just keep jumping from one extreme to the other. I am not happy with how the season has gone. However we will be playing next season in the championship. We are at the moment joint first in the league. Hopefully we'll be there on our own in 46 games time. I'm celebrating (very subdued, without a drink and with no one close to me who gives a flying duck) being in that position. As @uttoxram75 said, we were celebrating a very similar situation all those years back. It got even worse the next year, so have a drink and a nice big smile on your face. There's plenty other things to worry about.

Remember how Mart Poom celebrated his goal against us?

That is how our players should have "celebrated" when leaving the pitch/post match interviews/Leaving the stadium, today.

Hands up.  Job Done. Respectful acknowledgement and thanks to the fans.  Accept the applause with grace.
A wry smile?  Sure. 
Starting the bounce?  Dancing in the car park, drinks in hand?  Hmmm!

Yes, they've put a shift in today, but nothing more.  They've won nothing... not even today's game!

This was a day for the fans to be jumping around, not the players. 

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Meanwhile, up in Sheffield there's a MASSIVE protest

I posted this as a joke, but keeping an eye on Wednesday's lot, it's apparently turned very sour up there.

1 hour ago, hales300k said:

We all know there`s plenty wrong at the club , but i`m so proud of our young fans today , i was on the pitch in 1983 against Fulham as a 15yr old , to see them turn out in the rain shows the spirit of DCFC will never die 

Not just young fans some of us oldies were there too. I was on the pitch in 83 and I will be there home and away while I’m physically able to 

Just now, JfR said:

I posted this as a joke, but keeping an eye on Wednesday's lot, it's apparently turned very sour up there.

Can't blame them, feel for them. It could've been us. Let's hope Mel doesn't sell us to a chancer or it will be us!

Yeah, so this is just my opinion. 

That lot shouldn't be celebrating anything. Without a competitor having a points deduction, we would be down. 

1 win in 15.

6 consecutive losses before today's game. 

Do not celebrate that (the players, that is) . Hopefully Lawrence hasn't driven to the game today. 

This set of players are a disgrace. They're bottlers. They've been poor, they've lacked drive, they've lacked effort. Are we just going to forget Preston away etc? 

Us, as fans, should celebrate that this group haven't taken our club down to a level that might have finished us off. We should celebrate that we don't have to watch most of this lot again next season. We should celebrate that when we get back into the stadium, we will be able to voice that the levels they have been playing at, the effort put in, the basics of being a footballer, haven't been good enough. 

People saying give Waghorn a new contract because of today? Where was he for the rest of the season?

We need to clear most of this lot out. Starting with Lawrence and Waghorn.

I'm ducking angry at this lot. The only thing that makes me angrier are short memories. There are exceptions, of course there are. But as a group, I'm done with them. They need splitting up, selling, released, offloaded, retiring, sacked and remembered. 

12 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Agreed... and that all been put at risk. Potentially taking Covid back to their families who then go to school etc. A completely stupid unnecessary risk IMO.

Probably not the the right thread but there have been about 50 cases in Derby in the past week and 1 death. 

Might be time to start enjoying life again ?

12 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yeah, so this is just my opinion. 

That lot shouldn't be celebrating anything. Without a competitor having a points deduction, we would be down. 

1 win in 15.

6 consecutive losses before today's game. 

Do not celebrate that (the players, that is) . Hopefully Lawrence hasn't driven to the game today. 

This set of players are a disgrace. They're bottlers. They've been poor, they've lacked drive, they've lacked effort. Are we just going to forget Preston away etc? 

Us, as fans, should celebrate that this group haven't taken our club down to a level that might have finished us off. We should celebrate that we don't have to watch most of this lot again next season. We should celebrate that when we get back into the stadium, we will be able to voice that the levels they have been playing at, the effort put in, the basics of being a footballer, haven't been good enough. 

People saying give Waghorn a new contract because of today? Where was he for the rest of the season?

We need to clear most of this lot out. Starting with Lawrence and Waghorn.

I'm ducking angry at this lot. The only thing that makes me angrier are short memories. There are exceptions, of course there are. But as a group, I'm done with them. They need splitting up, selling, released, offloaded, retiring, sacked and remembered. 

I'm fuming with the season too but at the end of the day I thought the players would lack the bottle today and would get us relegated. They proved me wrong and I am more than happy for them to prove me wrong and then celebrate it in my face.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm fuming with the season too but at the end of the day I thought the players would lack the bottle today and would get us relegated. They proved me wrong and I am more than happy for them to prove me wrong and then celebrate it in my face.

Same. 

However, they did bottle today. We were actually trying to win because of Rotherham's score at the time - and we were still bottling it. Against a poo team who have lost 8 of their last 9 away games. 

The only bottle this lot had was the ones holding their beer. 

And people are giving them 8s and 9s in the ratings thread. 

We've just drawn at home to the bottom team 3-3 in a must win game. 

Edited by Norman

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

They barely showed that they cared all season on the pitch. Them bouncing around with a beer in hand after it doesn't change that.

Only one game i can remember where the effort seemed under par.... PNE game.... other than that the effort has been there but not sure Rooney and co got the tactics right a lot of the time.....give yourself a break mate enjoy a beer...we didn't even win a game we had to win but we are staying up!! and that is something for us to celebrate...not the result but the fact that us fans can watch championship football next season

20 minutes ago, Norman said:

Same. 

However, they did bottle today. We were actually trying to win because of Rotherham's score at the time - and we were still bottling it. Against a poo team who have lost 8 of their last 9 away games. 

We are staying up. Be happy this Terrible season has ended with a positive ending!  

Think it’s quite easy to sit at home, look at a 30’second clip and pretend you are Roy Keane by scoffing at them ‘celebrating’. Some fans went to the stadium to show unity, the players went out for a few minutes to show their appreciation and everyone just got a bit OTT.

The club and players need a bit more aligned with the fans and show we all need a bit more unity if we want to improve our fortunes. One of many lessons to be learnt from this season.

Again it’s very easy to scoff but you need to see the bigger picture, all covid precautions aside I see little wrong.

26 minutes ago, Norman said:

Same. 

?

Some people always land butter side down.

Come on Rooney's Rams!