Show of support at Pride Park - Saturday 10am

Sean

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The players didn't even win today, they're celebrating Cardiff keeping us up. The fans can celebrate, if you're a player how can you not be ashamed to celebrate? They almost got us relegated to a league we've not been in for 40 years. Let the fans celebrate, bouncing around like you won a trophy when you scraped a draw with sheffield wednesday is embarrassing.

Get over it will you. We get it it’s not been good but let some people enjoy the one game that the team actually didn’t look too bad & got the result they needed(I know thank you Cardiff)

1 minute ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

Get over it will you. We get it it’s not been good but let some people enjoy the one game that the team actually didn’t look too bad & got the result they needed(I know thank you Cardiff)

I'm not stopping anyone celebrating. I'm giving my opinion. You're welcome to disagree with my opinion, but you're the one who needs to get over yourself if you think you can lecture me on what to post. 

6 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Will probably get some grief for this but seeing that video has annoyed the crap out of me. 

we are still under restrictions and the players should set an example until we aren’t. 

Why we are staying and no thanks to efl you should be happy we are staying up.

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The players didn't even win today, they're celebrating Cardiff keeping us up. The fans can celebrate, if you're a player how can you not be ashamed to celebrate? They almost got us relegated to a league we've not been in for 40 years. Let the fans celebrate, bouncing around like you won a trophy when you scraped a draw with sheffield wednesday is embarrassing.

Are you really embarrassed about our players enjoying a moment with the fans.

I feel for you if you really are.

19 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

The lads are not celebrating being 4th bottom, they have gone out to the fans who have been bothered to endure the weather to say thank you for the support.

If you don't want to celebrate your club managing to stay up, fine, Luckily most disagree. 

It's not been good enough from the top down, I agree but we've survived relegation by the skin of our teeth and EVERY SINGLE CLUB would be doing the same if they were in our position right now.

Do you really think Sheff wed players would have just walked off the pitch if they won?...NO, they'd have been running round like we were.

???

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It wasn't embarrassing at all. It was celebrating escaping, albeit by the skin of their teeth, combined with emotional release. 

If they'd just trudged off after such a roller coaster game resulting in the club surviving in the championship then they would quite rightly have been criticised for not caring.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are you really embarrassed about our players enjoying a moment with the fans.

I feel for you if you really are.

Yes. They're far too happy for a group of players that looked lost all season.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

It wasn't embarrassing at all. It was celebrating escaping, albeit by the skin of their teeth, combined with emotional release. 

If they'd just trudged off after such a roller coaster game resulting in the club surviving in the championship then they would quite rightly have been criticised for not caring.

They barely showed that they cared all season on the pitch. Them bouncing around with a beer in hand after it doesn't change that.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

This season hasn't been easy for anyone. It is clear from their reaction that it hasn't gone how they wanted. I'm happy to see them celebrating keeping the club in the Championship. Well done lads. #COYR

Wish I could have been there with them, I'd have been cheering them ALL.

Edited by RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Will probably get some grief for this but seeing that video has annoyed the crap out of me. 

we are still under restrictions and the players should set an example until we aren’t. 

The players are part of a bubble arent they and tested on a regular basis.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

They barely showed that they cared all season on the pitch. Them bouncing around with a beer in hand after it doesn't change that.

Well they showed they cared today and that's what we're talking about.

I've never played competitive sport or in a game on which so much rests but, I would imagine it's very difficult to contain your emotions under such circumstances.

30 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Fair enough mate, were all different in how we see things. I’m just chuffed to bits atm after watching an unbelievably exciting game of footie, with twists and turns all the way, how we went from being relegated to surviving in the space of one minute....Waggys penalty at virtually the exact moment Cardiff scored.....it’s why football is the best sport in the world...we were very lucky but we’ve had some horrendous luck along the way as well.

Enjoy the rest of your day mate and don’t begrudge others enjoying theirs.

???

What a nice way to say cheer up you miserable effer, live and let live. 

The players were under a hell of a lot of pressure today and indeed for the last few weeks and the end of the game there must have been a nice release.

Plenty have not been good enough this season and they’ll know that but they showed a lot of balls today with 100% effort which is all we can ask.

Pretty clear that for the most part this sort of thing will boost the relationship between the players and the fans, which is sorely needed. Really nice for the fans that went today for the players to go out and spend a few moments with them.

Seeing them stony faced at the end of the game would’ve been bizarre and certainly would have dampened how I feel.

I will be celebrating with a few drinks tonight. Celebrating our survival in this division. Celebrating the performances of our players today. Celebrating the redemption of some. Celebrating the potentially devastating blow that relegation could have caused to our club. 

But if you cannot understand why some supporters are not in the mood celebrating, then you are, as one ex-manager would put it, an ostrich. 

Nothing about this season deserves to be celebrated. It has been the worst in my lifetime supporting this club. Under Cocu this season, we were hopeless, and under Rooney we have been hopeless, too. So hopeless, that we were nearly relegated, but for an equaliser at Cardiff City. That is a disgrace. 

Both managers have absolutely not succeeded at this club and I dread the thought of starting the next season with the latter in charge. 

Fundamental change needs to happen at this football club over the summer. A complete and utter fresh start, ideally from top down

A new owner. A new structure at board level. A new coaching team and a decent roster of new players.

Will that happen? I doubt it. But I didn't think we'd stay up either.