Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

For goodness sake if you listen to his voice in the interviews you can hear he's choked up with emotion. A pause? He's not a bloody orator you know! ?

I just don't at all believe he'd say he's seen it on sky if that wasn't the case. Why would he. Doesn't make any sense to do that. I also don't see him trying to make a play out of for whatever reason.

My guesses are - there was an email or message at 7.43 (which he didn't see until after he'd seen it on sky) or he got told to say 7 43 by ramsTV (for some reason). I'd go with the email he didn't read until after. 

Still think it's pretty shitty to have not been told in person or at least over the phone.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I just don't at all believe he'd say he's seen it on sky if that wasn't the case. Why would he. Doesn't make any sense to do that. I also don't see him trying to make a play out of for whatever reason.

My guesses are - there was an email or message at 7.43 (which he didn't see until after he'd seen it on sky) or he got told to say 7 43 by ramsTV (for some reason). I'd go with the email he didn't read until after. 

Still think it's pretty shitty to have not been told in person or at least over the phone.

Yep, he could just have said he was told at whatever time by whoever. 

The 'corner flag' announcement looked hastily put together, not very professional sounding. Wonder what in it Rooney was pissed off by as he mentioned the announcement on interview?

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

I think that the football creditors rule protects him from being fired to save costs. If the administrators terminated his contract, they would have to keep paying him or settle his outstanding contract in full.

Are you sure about this? My recollection was that salary until termination was protected. Otherwise the rule makes liquidation much more difficult to avoid 

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes what you say makes sense. But it’s possible Mel was excluded from the decision to file, on the basis of conflict. And anyway he’s fallen out with Rooney it seems, so he was not going to make the call.

Agree with those who say the board is weak. But the problem is no sane individual would now agree to become a director.

It is a board of Mel’s stooges. If Mel is now ruled out from participating because he is a major creditor, the bus will be driven by the advisers or MSD. I hope it’s the latter because the advisers will be conservative and will see administration as the safest option. 

Feel quite sorry for Roy Macfarland he does not deserve this 

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes what you say makes sense. But it’s possible Mel was excluded from the decision to file, on the basis of conflict. And anyway he’s fallen out with Rooney it seems, so he was not going to make the call.

Agree with those who say the board is weak. But the problem is no sane individual would now agree to become a director.

It is a board of Mel’s stooges. If Mel is now ruled out from participating because he is a major creditor, the bus will be driven by the advisers or MSD. I hope it’s the latter because the advisers will be conservative and will see administration as the safest option. 

Feel quite sorry for Roy Macfarland he does not deserve this 

It's not really if Mel told Rooney or not that I thinks crappy, but DCFC (be it Pearce or McLaren or someone else) as an organisation seemingly didn't do it properly and respectfully.

I think the email at 7.43 pm seems the most plausible explanation for "I saw it on sky" moving to "I found out at 7.43" - in the big scheme of things it's ultimately a minor point.

I think your right, probably no one sane wanted to be on board.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's not really if Mel told Rooney or not that I thinks crappy, but DCFC (be it Pearce or McLaren or someone else) as an organisation seemingly didn't do it properly and respectfully.

I think the email at 7.43 pm seems the most plausible explanation for "I saw it on sky" moving to "I found out at 7.43" - in the big scheme of things it's ultimately a minor point.

I think your right, probably no one sane wanted to be on board.

What's McLaren got to do with it????

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

An email went to staff about 5 mins before being released to the media. Anyone not looking at their phones at exactly that time (circa 8pm) would have found out via social/Sky etc. 

Appalling behaviour by the club. Again. 

4 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Rooney has been paying for all away travel and accommodation out of his own pocket. He is a credit to our club. 

If this is true (not doubting at all), shows how bothered 'mel' was about the club!  Rooney has dealt with everything this season with class and we need to stick by him things are going better than expected at the moment on the pitch but even if not, we need to remember things like this.