Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, Jourdan said:

OK, Rooney’s Derby has 37 points from 32 games.

Some will suggest that surely this shows Rooney has done a good job as this would almost certainly be enough to survive if averaged across 46 games.

For those saying Rooney has done a good job and deserves time, ask yourself this: if there were 14 games of the season still to play, would you back us to stay up?

On current form, I wouldn’t. And that is what people are getting at.

People said the same about Cocu. 10th? Surely he’s doing a good job? Surely after such a chaotic season, he deserves more time?

People ignored the warning signs. It was brushed under the carpet that we ended last season really poorly under Cocu. It was brushed under the carpet that we had a miserable pre-season. It was brushed under the carpet that the squad was seriously lacking in key areas. It was brushed under the carpet that we had taken some huge gambles in the transfer market.

And before we knew it, we were 11 games in and any hopes of an exciting season had all but disappeared.

We stick by Rooney, and especially if Mel is still at the helm, and there is a strong chance of history repeating itself.

With this team he should be doing better than 37 points in 32 games and given the start we had more was going to be needed to avoid trouble. 

Overall you have to say not good enough regardless of what happens tomorrow. 

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're not speaking for me.

Plus who will pay for him to be sacked, Mel? ?

Clearly Mel is doing everything in his power to find a buyer.

Most buyers are unlikely to tolerate a manager of Rooney record and experience managing the club.

The cost to pay of Rooney is irrelevant if the buyer spent 50 million on Derby, its small change in comparison.

I think that the majority of fans don't want to see Rooney do further harm to the club.

7 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I think that the majority of fans don't want to see Rooney do further harm to the club.

Well that's an interesting thought. It might be easier for any manager to get somewhere if there was the possibility of playing players over the age of 23!

6 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Rooney: "Regardless of where we are at my future is at Derby County. I am never one to walk away from a challenge."

trump no GIF

"Sheffield Wednesday stole the relegation. It's fraud. You beautiful wonderful people, we're going to still make Derby great again. Now go to Ponds Forge leisure centre.....a storm is coming..."

Cocu brought in better more consistent players than Rooney has...FACT  I think we'd be gonners already if it wasn't for Clarke,Byrne,Beilik , Colin....just what was the point of bringing in the Everton lad Bangime .....

Also something  that  really rankles me is this...why did Rooney not keep himself in good enough shape to be able to come on for the last 20mins or so in some games when required and play CDM and use his experience on the pitch to see games out...why? 

Edited by S8TY

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Derby County Football Club are about to potentially be relegated to the third division for the first time since the eighties, but let’s talk more about Wayne’s playing career shall we?

Sick of it. Just like it was with Lampard. 

But that's all we are - training wheels for this arrogant incompetent, simply for the privilege of getting a regular mention on Sky Sport News. Heady days. Meanwhile a tinpot outfit down the road is qualifying for the Champions League

I want us to be recognised for two things only; quality of our support & quality of our football. The celebrity crap needs cutting out of this club on Monday - Rooney's sycophants can indulge their hero worship in OK magazine instead.

4 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

With this team he should be doing better than 37 points in 32 games and given the start we had more was going to be needed to avoid trouble. 

Overall you have to say not good enough regardless of what happens tomorrow. 

Why should they doing better with this team...? I am hard pressed to think of any player in out squad that would get into a top 6 team. 

10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Why should they doing better with this team...? I am hard pressed to think of any player in out squad that would get into a top 6 team. 

Exactly this, the team is absolutely poo. Hopefully tomorrow it can be less poo for 1 day before half of them are cleared off and replaced with better players. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

We don't know if Alonso has told Rooney that regardless of the result today, he wants Rooney to stay on.

That gives Rooney confidence and doesn't mean that pressure is all out for him to get a result.

My thoughts are that if it was me and I was seeking to spend 50 million to buy Derby, I wouldn't hesitate to pay of Rooney regardless of say a few extra million and then buy the best team and manager that I could afford to lift the club out of the mess its in.

I would not risk it all on a manager who in my opinion isn't good enough to manage the club at any level.

Just because he's played for England and was an amazing striker doesn't mean he's equipped to get the best out of the team.

I know I'm guilty of rehashing thoughts I've already shared.

For me its not just about the players its about the tactics, players not being managed properly and played out of their best position.

Rooney totally lacks management experience. In my opinion he was given the job as a means to help find a buyer for the club.

If he was in any other job he would have been fired by now for his performances.