Films people who might want to see in 2021 in cinermas

B4ev6is

On 03/05/2021 at 01:59, 86 Hair Islands said:

Dune - The Denis Villeneuve re-make, I'm really interested to see what he does with a great storyline. I actually liked the original which was a titanic flop and universally panned by the public and critics alike. Not really sold that, have I?

You could remind people Sting was in it - that would seal the deal....

20 hours ago, GboroRam said:

I know what you mean about films vs books. Normally you read the book and the film doesn't live up to it, I guess because CGI is capable of a lot of stuff but nothing that your brain can't conjure up ten times more vividly.

christian grey anastasia GIF by Fifty Shades

14 hours ago, r4derby said:

I’m an MCU fan so looking forward to those 3 films (Black Widow, Shang-Chi and Eternals) although first one isn’t out until July. Will take the kids to the new Pixar film. Bond is another to be seen in the cinema.

Do you reckon cinemas will show modern classics like they did last Summer? We took the kids to a couple of movies for cheap - screens were quiet and it was a nice experience.

Not sure mate

12 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

He's known as Stung these days fella! ?

I'm always reminded of the Stuart Maconie observation - Sting says he got given the nickname when going to a concert in a black and yellow hooped jumper. As he observes, mates would never give you a cool nickname like that, it would be something like gitface or nobber or dork. The name Sting is, like so much of his output, nothing more than a product of his own ego.