Melvyn Morris fan club

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

He might feel administration a good option if we go down but that’s  total speculation and fear on my behalf .

In what way would he feel like administration would be a good idea? 

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He said he would pay this months wages but didn’t want to have to keep doing it. 

Where did he say this?

Only quote Ive ever seen from him was his interview in the Daily Mail where he said he would continue to bankroll the club until there was a new owner. 

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

In what way would he feel like administration would be a good idea? 

In the United Kingdom, football clubs sometimes choose to enter administration(sanction) when they are unable to pay off outstanding debts. Administration puts accountants "in charge of pretty much everything apart from coaching the players and picking the team". ...

In effect it clears our debts 

Edited by Curtains

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where did he say this?

Only quote Ive ever seen from him was his interview in the Daily Mail where he said he would continue to bankroll the club until there was a new owner. 

From the Sky Sports report where they reported we were paying our players. Sky's "sources" say Mel is reluctant to carry on in future months 

In the United Kingdom, football clubs sometimes choose to enter administration(sanction) when they are unable to pay off outstanding debts. Administration puts accountants "in charge of pretty much everything apart from coaching the players and picking the team". ...

That's not what he asked.

Our debt to who? 

Bill Murray Movie GIF by Hollywood Suite

1 minute ago, rynny said:

From the Sky Sports report where they reported we were paying our players. Sky's "sources" say Mel is reluctant to carry on in future months 

I know where the story came from but it certainly wasn't a direct quote, which the article in the Daily Mail a few weeks before was.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure there were, but that is the point, they didn't waver.

Morris is all about 'his legacy'. I want our club to be safe, it isn't with Morris. 

I'm scared to disagree with you! Be kind to me. To say that the club is not safe, or any more precarious than football clubs tend to be, almost requires huge assumptions about how things could have been predictably safer under a different owner.

And it also seems to focus on things that could have been fine differently, rather than things that have been good for the safety of the club.

Edited by Ken Tram

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

So what debt would we be trying to wipe? 

I’m not ITK but that article said “ But with the debts piling up, it seems Derby’s future remains very much in the balance”

We haven’t seen the accounts for 2 years have we ! 

Just now, Curtains said:

I’m not ITK but that article said “ But with the debts piling up, it seems Derby’s future remains very much in the balance”

This is exactly my point tonight. There has been too much speculation and hearsay saying we owe this, that and the other. 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

As in commonplace with our media the details of the story do not correlate with the headline.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

This is exactly my point tonight. There has been too much speculation and hearsay saying we owe this, that and the other. 

I’m not sure where all this came from because you were discussing this with Roy and I answered one of you questions.

I personally believe financially we would be better off staying in the Championship than getting relegated.and I do believe that the consequences of relegation would be massive.

Other people disagree and thanks for your Patience