Melvyn Morris fan club

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I understand. But the head of the Club, the ultimate person in charge is Morris. Indeed there hasn't been many others allowed input, and some suggest when there was it wasn't good (ie Rush).

That could be right and I certainly believe you.

It's not worked out, in most cases I have agreed with his appointments and transfers but they have not come to fruition. I think the biggest mistakes lie in recent years appointing Cocu and signing Rooney with what appears to have been a prerequisite to be manager sooner or later, this for me is what has destroyed the club, we were at a cross road when Lampard left and all we have done is take wrong turns since.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I profess not to understand this cult of Mel Morris like is some kind of dictator you dare not criticise in public.

Am just waiting for Year Zero so all of the history books are rewritten during his ownership to reflect that actually he did a marvelous job at the club. 

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant ???

We should be protesting just like them lot at Old Trafford.

Take away the plastic fans and the Mancs are a knowledgeable lot. Derby used to be the same until they were brainwashed.The club's on the brink and arguably in a worse position than 83-84 and we just let it continue because Melvyn is one of our own. 

It's a shambles. Wake up !!

1 minute ago, Charlie George said:

Take away the plastic fans and the Mancs are a knowledgeable lot. Derby used to be the same until they were brainwashed.The club's on the brink and arguably in a worse position than 83-84 and we just let it continue because Melvyn is one of our own. 

What do we protest against ?

I don't disagree Mel has made a right horlicks of things in his time at Derby but what do we protest about ? his lack of spending ? no because if anything that's one of the issues,  it's not mels fault the EFL p&s rules aren't fit for purpose and hes just not allowed to spend what maybe I  the past other owners have to achieve success. 

I guess we could protest his ownership and demand he moves on,but isn't he trying to do that? it's not his fault no one can seemingly afford to cough up the going rate, the last thing we need is him selling to someone for 50p like lionel did because no one else would buy us.

So I share your frustration, Mel has made a lot of mistakes and has to accept responsibility for where we are, I'm just not sure what we would protest against because as far as I can see he is making every effort to move on but no one seems able or willing to take over.

13 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Exactly this. The sad thing is we’ve become indifferent. I for one don’t care anymore, football isn’t the game it was and, as a result, I don’t really watch it, it’s sad to see Derby in a pathetic state but I’m not too fussed anymore. 

11 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Protesting what though? 

Mel's ownership? He's desperate to sell and on two occasions got involved in a sale deal with individuals who didn't deliver, and people are questioning the third. I don't know what more he could do. 

The manager? Fair enough in my opinion, but last game of the season is perhaps not a good time to start it. 

The team? You want them to be better players? 

It's a tragedy all round. All we can do is try to be positive and hope for the best. But we go into the last game needing crap teams to be more or equally crap as we are. 

3 hours ago, Yani P said:

Do personal insults about our current manager get taken down as well?

Yani, I removed about two dozen last night and at least the same again today. 

There remain lots of posts that are critical of the manager, not necessarily containing personal abuse.

As @GboroRam says, it helps if you report something that you see that contravenes the rules. We can't read every post on here, try as we might.  And we have lives too! 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, thanks.

But all I have as an option when clicking the three dots is 'share'.

I've just tried a dummy run...

Once that Report Button is clicked, it then offers a drop down menu, offering a list of recent posts by @RoyMac5 that you wish to report.  Click the post in question, then submit.  Admin take care of it from there.

I presume you can't report your own posts, hence you not having that option?

POLL:

A/  TRUE
B/  A DOWNRIGHT OFFENSIVE LIE
C/  JUST JAPES

VOTE NOW.

??

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Mel is just a victim of poor judgement.

I think Mel’s biggest mistake has been trusting the wrong people.

If your people do well, it makes you look good. The people Mel has trusted to oversee things have only made him look bad.

I would say having more football-minded people in the boardroom to offer some perspective would have helped us to avoid this implosion.

I mean no disrespect to our two most recent CEOs, Sam Rush and Stephen Pearce, but from the top down, it sets the tone.

Those two are not football people, they are business and finance people who just happen to work in football.

You only have to watch their interviews for 30 seconds before you start to raise an eyebrow and get an uneasy feeling.

There are not enough people with an appetite for the game driving decisions behind the scenes.

Where are the people who know football and know this division and what it takes to succeed?

Agreed.

But, just for my benefit, please remind me when was Roy McFarland's spell on the board?

And, if we take them literally at their word, isn't Mac's role to advise the board on football matters?

Edited by IslandExile

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I profess not to understand this cult of Mel Morris like is some kind of dictator you dare not criticise in public.

Am just waiting for Year Zero so all of the history books are rewritten during his ownership to reflect that actually he did a marvelous job at the club. 

What cult? Could you perhaps cite a few posts where people are shouting you down and denying you the right of reply, as there are none on this thread? 

2 hours ago, chewbacca said:

It's not worked out, in most cases I have agreed with his appointments and transfers but they have not come to fruition. I think the biggest mistakes lie in recent years appointing Cocu and signing Rooney with what appears to have been a prerequisite to be manager sooner or later, this for me is what has destroyed the club, we were at a cross road when Lampard left and all we have done is take wrong turns since.

Surely the biggest mistake was sacking McClaren the first time? He was under contract so we would surely have received compensation if Newcastle had appointed him?