Melvyn Morris fan club

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

I don't know what that means.

Well if it's the one I read then yes it did. 

We don't mind criticism of anyone related to the club. But it has to be done per the rules of the site. 

This thread is evidence we don't mind posts critical of Mel Morris. 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Well if it's the one I read then yes it did. 

We don't mind criticism of anyone related to the club. But it has to be done per the rules of the site. 

This thread is evidence we don't mind posts critical of Mel Morris. 

Can you pm me the text please?

Mel is just a victim of poor judgement.

I think Mel’s biggest mistake has been trusting the wrong people.

If your people do well, it makes you look good. The people Mel has trusted to oversee things have only made him look bad.

I would say having more football-minded people in the boardroom to offer some perspective would have helped us to avoid this implosion.

I mean no disrespect to our two most recent CEOs, Sam Rush and Stephen Pearce, but from the top down, it sets the tone.

Those two are not football people, they are business and finance people who just happen to work in football.

You only have to watch their interviews for 30 seconds before you start to raise an eyebrow and get an uneasy feeling.

There are not enough people with an appetite for the game driving decisions behind the scenes.

Where are the people who know football and know this division and what it takes to succeed?

A life long  Rams fan, who made himself a fortune with his entrepreneurial skills, doing what we all dream of, buying the club they love.

He has invested a large part of his wealth into our club and until this season has maintained us as a stable Championship club capable of challenging for the top 6, personally I will always be grateful to Mel for that.

The sad part for me is how his ownership is ending, with the failure of the AbuDerby takeover, being a major catalyst in our journey towards league 1. If the takeover had completed the January window alone would have put us in mid table.

Mel’s biggest mistake though is on manager recruitment, where he has almost experimented, and chopped and changed , with some bizarre rookie managers and coaches who are not suited to building a squad to get promoted.

I may be unpopular with this view, but if an experienced manager like Warnock, had been appointed early in his ownership, we would now be an established Premier League side and flourishing. It maybe that Colin would have been replaced once promoted.

I really hope we stay up, and Mel can then sit back and watch us storm the league next season........dream on.

UTR.

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

A life long  Rams fan, who made himself a fortune with his entrepreneurial skills, doing what we all dream of, buying the club they love.

He has invested a large part of his wealth into our club and until this season has maintained us as a stable Championship club capable of challenging for the top 6, personally I will always be grateful to Mel for that.

The sad part for me is how his ownership is ending, with the failure of the AbuDerby takeover, being a major catalyst in our journey towards league 1. If the takeover had completed the January window alone would have put us in mid table.

Mel’s biggest mistake though is on manager recruitment, where he has almost experimented, and chopped and changed , with some bizarre rookie managers and coaches who are not suited to building a squad to get promoted.

I may be unpopular with this view, but if an experienced manager like Warnock, had been appointed early in his ownership, we would now be an established Premier League side and flourishing. It maybe that Colin would have been replaced once promoted.

I really hope we stay up, and Mel can then sit back and watch us storm the league next season........dream on.

UTR.

Agree with a lot of this..some of the teams now flourishing in the Premier League were tactically ruthless with manager replacements. Picking one to do an initial job then replacing them with their strategic long term appointment  - even when manager A was still doing well 

20 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

If your people do well, it makes you look good. The people Mel has trusted to oversee things have only made him look bad.

I would say having more football-minded people in the boardroom to offer some perspective would have helped us to avoid this implosion.

I mean no disrespect to our two most recent CEOs, Sam Rush and Stephen Pearce, but from the top down, it sets the tone.

Those two are not football people, they are business and finance people who just happen to work in football.

You only have to watch their interviews for 30 seconds before you start to raise an eyebrow and get an uneasy feeling.

There are not enough people with an appetite for the game driving decisions behind the scenes.

Where are the people who know football and know this division and what it takes to succeed?

Spot on Jourdan. Mel has supplied significant capital to the club. But it still has to be sensibly deployed. 

By and large, the executive structure and cast of characters down the last few years have used the capital extremely poorly. 

I really don't get the "he's ruined this club" type comment. If anything, the club has come close to ruining him. 

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Spot on Jourdan. Mel has supplied significant capital to the club. But it still has to be sensibly deployed. 

By and large, the executive structure and cast of characters down the last few years have used the capital extremely poorly. 

I really don't get the "he's ruined this club" type comment. If anything, the club has come close to ruining him. 

Because who has picked the people to spend his money? Mel. Who has picked the people to share club responsibilities with? Mel. I'm not sure who the other people that get to share the blame of ruining Mel and the Club are?

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

it was all blue sky thinking.  We trusted Mel because he is a fan, couldn't think of a safer pair of hands and yet we are on the edge of a precipice.  Nobody in power considered what if......