Melvyn Morris fan club

Just now, Coneheadjohn said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

He’s done a lot of good for a lot of people,my family included.

For which I'm positive he deserves lots of commendations.

But what has he done for DCFC is the point in question.

His intentions initially were very good, he bankrolled us, especially during the summer of 2015 were everyone said whoever finishes ahead of us would be automatically promoted. The only snag was the PE teacher he appointed as our to quote “our Alex Ferguson”. Awful management appointments throughout and Wazza is the worst. 

Okay, posts that are critical of Mel Morris' tenure as owner are not taken down.

Posts which contain personal insults of Mel Morris are.

The same applies to other previous or future owners, players, other posters.

How difficult is it to grasp the difference? Quite difficult for some people judging by the number of posts we have taken down in the last twenty four hours.

If in any doubt please re-read the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you joined the message board. If you don't agree with them, you are welcome to find somewhere else to post your personal insults. I hear Twitter aren't too fussy! 

Just now, Coneheadjohn said:

I get that and we’re a mess but I would argue that you have to look at everything.

No issue with anyone being critical but it has to be balanced.

I understand. But the head of the Club, the ultimate person in charge is Morris. Indeed there hasn't been many others allowed input, and some suggest when there was it wasn't good (ie Rush).

My view of his ownership is that he’s pumped in a lot of his own personal fortune and he clearly wants the club to succeed.

The problem is he’s made a number of very poor decisions.....critical decisions. Most recently the decision to bring in Rooney and the promote him to manager.

It’s a shame because I believe he’s a good guy, but his decision making has bought us to where we are now, teetering on the abyss!

I love my club Derby so much. 

And for me Mel has failed as chairmen, no need to get personnel about him i agree, been told he is a lovely man. But as owner of our great club he has failed, took us over as a club doing well, 6 years later down the line, after sacking far to many managers and talking rubbish, like the Derby way lol, wanting a team full of acamady lads, which is a tall order even for the top clubs, going into changing rooms, which is not and never should be his place of work, so yes for me Mel the fan has failed, hope he enjoys his retirement, and sees his beloved  club Derby back in the prem, and being looked after by our next owner. 

37 minutes ago, angieram said:

Okay, posts that are critical of Mel Morris' tenure as owner are not taken down.

Posts which contain personal insults of Mel Morris are.

The same applies to other previous or future owners, players, other posters.

How difficult is it to grasp the difference? Quite difficult for some people judging by the number of posts we have taken down in the last twenty four hours.

If in any doubt please re-read the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you joined the message board. If you don't agree with them, you are welcome to find somewhere else to post your personal insults. I hear Twitter aren't too fussy! 

Yet I had one taken down about Keith and MacKay that was factually accurate.

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Why would we need that when we've got you reminding us 100 times a day?

Puts it all in one thread. I have recently got truly fed up with Morris' tenure. You don't mind where we are now, that's your perogative. You don't want to read my posts, block me.

So sad for Morris but also sad for the club ,,, ultimately mel has to carry the can no matter how well intentioned ,the club has been brought to the brink of disaster and that’s the bottom line , the balance between profile raising of the club and solid football first decisions has been the downfall, mel wants out now so there is no saving his legacy/ reputation as Derby owner , he will be seen and remembered very negatively by the majority of fans ,, such a shame really as it could have been so so different ??‍♂️