Curtis Davies

belperram9

So with the impending doom bestowed upon us, I was thinking about whom in the current squad would be useful in League 1.

I’ll probably get pelters for this, but I’d give Curtis one more year if he could prove his fitness. He’d be a solid centre half in league 1 and a good captain with the right manager behind him. He probably knows that’s his level now and he has the experience to do a job in that league. 

Thoughts? 

10 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

So with the impending doom bestowed upon us, I was thinking about whom in the current squad would be useful in League 1.

I’ll probably get pelters for this, but I’d give Curtis one more year if he could prove his fitness. He’d be a solid centre half in league 1 and a good captain with the right manager behind him. He probably knows that’s his level now and he has the experience to do a job in that league. 

Thoughts? 

I’d rather save the money and try and get Edmundson instead...

I think he'll make a decent manager one day. I'm not saying he should be appointed our manager at this moment in time but I do feel he seems the type of character that could excel in that role one day. 

Maybe serve his apprenticeship as a coach with us and see how it goes. So to summarise, yeah a player coach role could well be an option depending on how the future unfolds.

Question Iv been thinking about on the subject of next season if it is to be as it looks like league 1 

jack Marriott 

Proven goal scorer at the level we’re about to enter for me was totally unsuitable for the style of play cocu wanted to play ?

if Rooney ... or whoever was to be using a more direct style of play and more importantly actually get someone for him to play off.. something he has never had at Derby we could finally get the best out of him ?? Discuss 

If of course we can afford to keep him 

Edited by NottsRam77

I can't help wondering if we might have scraped enough points to not be in this position had Curtis not got injured. Some more leadership, organisation and commitment in defence would have been handy.

For that reason, if we could agree an affordable deal I'd keep him for another year.

Edited by abertawe_ram

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Question Iv been thinking about on the subject of next season if it is to be as it looks like league 1 

jack Marriott 

Proven goal scorer at the level we’re about to enter for me was totally unsuitable for the style of play cocu wanted to play ?

if Rooney ... or whoever was to be using a more direct style of play and more importantly actually get someone for him to play off.. something he has never had at Derby we could finally get the best out of him ?? Discuss 

I think it would be worth a go. Hopefully with a decent manager and the right set up he could surely have an impact in league 1.

I don't think there'll be teams queuing up to take him off our hands!

55 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

I can't help wondering if we might have scraped enough points to not be in this position had Curtis not got injured. Some more leadership, organisation and commitment in defence would have been handy.

For that reason, if we could agree an affordable deal I'd keep him for another year.

You can add Krystian Bielik, Gregory, to that. 

On 02/05/2021 at 10:01, ziggyram59 said:

You can add Krystian Bielik, Gregory, to that. 

Bielik only wanted to stay here two years  if we didn't get promoted, can't imagine league one is on the agenda but he won't go anywhere till January.  I can see Marriott going back to Posh on a nominal fee and getting 20 goals. Not sure Gregory would step down either - probably got a 2 year deal at a lower end championship club incoming.

We really will struggle to get a team together .  In the old days Derby would be like Real Madrid in terms of size in League 1. So many fallen teams who should be competing higher in it next season we'll be up against 3 or 4 teams for the best in that division.

On 02/05/2021 at 09:45, belperram9 said:

Thoughts? 

If he's happy to take a major wage cut then sure. Would absolutely love to have him.

Otherwise surely has to go, must be one of the high earners.

On 02/05/2021 at 09:01, NottsRam77 said:

jack Marriott 

If of course we can afford to keep him 

I must admit I wondered the same even this season, Rooney has seemed to look for a 442 ish at times and I can't help but think Marriott with Kazim could have been more of an answer than waghorn and might have given Jack just what he needed....

But all conjecture and heresay ofc