Let me offer you Sophie's Choice

Ultimately we probably end up in league one either way, based on what we have seen to date.

Rooney had a fantastic new manager bounce, which it now transpires was due to Bielik in large part, and it would have been difficult to not hand him the job based on that, but this is a disaster and there is no way he can turn this round in my opinion.

The bright side of league one is that if we survive financially (big if), we have an opportunity here to bring some authenticity back to this football club.  Names being mentioned in the other thread like Evatt, Eustace, Simpson, Lowe etc. give me greater excitement than Lampard/Rooney ever did.  We would just need to hope we are a Southampton and not a Sunderland/Portsmouth.

In summary...I have accepted our fate..it's going to be a difficult season 

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

We stay up and Rooney stays on.

We go down and Rooney leaves.

They are your only choices, which one will you take?

I'd actually choose option 2 as option 1 would only defer option 2 for another year.

Clearly there's not a lot right with the club now but the departure of players this summer leaves us with a comparatively low wage bill, a core of decent young talent & plenty of saleable assets. That represents a real opportunity to rebuild & I don't want that wasted by a celebrity incompetent like Rooney.

The reality is Rooney will cling on if we stay up, his deluded belief in his own managerial abilities will mean more months of young talent going backwards, dreadful football & poor results.

If it meant dropping a division to shame him into resigning, its a heavy price I'm willing to pay.

My concern is that if we go down a division we woll have to watch our own team play the thug football that will be needed down there.

Which would be better than the drivel served up this season!

Edited by SWRam

If they’re the only choices it has to be Option 2. This club needs a complete reset from someone who knows what they’re doing and preferably someone who has an affinity for this club and will want to stay long term to see the job through.

I will be hoping we stay up and hoping Rooney gets sacked. Stay as we are we might survive this season but we’ll be down next season

Unfortunately a likely scenario is the nightmare one, we go down and Rooney stays. We probably can't afford to sack him as things stand and he may want to stay as getting us straight back up is his only realistic way of salvaging his managerial reputation other than dropping to the lower leagues anyway

1 hour ago, MK-Ram said:

Ultimately we probably end up in league one either way, based on what we have seen to date.

Rooney had a fantastic new manager bounce, which it now transpires was due to Bielik in large part, and it would have been difficult to not hand him the job based on that, but this is a disaster and there is no way he can turn this round in my opinion.

The bright side of league one is that if we survive financially (big if), we have an opportunity here to bring some authenticity back to this football club.  Names being mentioned in the other thread like Evatt, Eustace, Simpson, Lowe etc. give me greater excitement than Lampard/Rooney ever did.  We would just need to hope we are a Southampton and not a Sunderland/Portsmouth.

In summary...I have accepted our fate..it's going to be a difficult season 

Bang on 

14 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

That looks the wrong sort of fence to sit on but you seem to be enjoying it. Pervert.

One man's "wrong sort of fence to sit on" is another man's "Self-inflicted punishment, for making the stupid decision to follow DCFC all those years ago, back when the sun was shining, and all that glittered was indeed silver!".

... Whilst others just sit back thinking of phallic based double entendre usernames, in the vain (vein?!) hope of raising a guffaw whilst in reality, the whole world is crumbling around them!

Ha!  Who's the pervert now!  Eh?  Huh? etc, etc...

??

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Isn't this Hobsons choice? Who's Sophie.

Hobson's choice is an apparent free choice when there is no real alternative.

Sophie’s choice is used in reference to a difficult situation in which a person must choose between two equally deserving alternatives. Named after the book.