The ‘I was right’ thread

Jourdan

13 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

I think you're wrong. Rooney long term will be decent, just have to get past Saturday and still be in this league.

Plus if Mel sells us to Eric we will be glad of Rooney's footballing links too - we'll be on very limited finances would be my bet.

I was right when we signed waghorn and said he was rubbish. To be fair a few others said it was a waste of money 

But a lot of posters jumped on defending him "have you ever seen him play" was one of the comments

*incoming two wonder goals on saturday to keep us up now I've slagged him off ?

3 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I was right when we signed waghorn and said he was rubbish. To be fair a few others said it was a waste of money 

But a lot of posters jumped on defending him "have you ever seen him play" was one of the comments

We have still not seen him play,still there’s always tomorrow.Another expensive dud.

12 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I like waghorn but 5 million at 29 years old was a stupid deal

On 02/05/2021 at 07:34, Mucker1884 said:

'Twas the aftermath of a drab 0-0 Home draw v Carlisle... My first ever attendance at the BBG.... April '75... and as the player's donned their ultra-white Tracky tops to do a lap of honour... in the sunshine... to showcase the return of the finest trophy in English football.... glittering in its own glorious and blinding silver haze... 

I remember thinking... "Yeah, this is fine now...in the sunshine... but what about winter.  Those tracky tops won't stay white for long!  It won't always be this sunny."

Oh, how painfully dingy they look now!  

derby-county-v-carlisle-united-the-derby

Glory Hunter!

On 21/04/2021 at 19:31, Beetroot said:

There's a very good chance that the last game of the season against Sheff Weds will be a winner takes all affair. Winner stays up, loser joins Rotherham in League 1. Form goes out the window in games like that.

Terrifying but massively exciting. I'm booking the 8th of May off work, family duties, life in general.

Imagine the euphoria of winning that game?! It's what football is all about.

bca65ee5260d92b692de1a62d674e5f3_w200.gif.527c625762ae8e9871ee29ce5f7f3302.gif

On 07/05/2021 at 06:04, G-Ram said:

I'll quote my own post... always liked him absolute snip at £5m  

On 07/05/2021 at 06:04, G-Ram said:

You are mystic Meg .. I claim my fiver