Reasons why it has gone wrong.

Donegal Ram

No fans 

Although we may sit next to a moaner, slaggers off and negative fans at the match, they play an important role in modern day football. Derby is an intimidating place to go hence our home record over the past few seasons and noise equals pressure. Just look at other struggling clubs this season compared to last, sheff utd, liverpool the list goes on. Fans play a big  part. 

No Bielik 

Very,very good player at this level and above. Rooney took over on his comeback from injury. Cocu never got a good run with him in the team. Player of the year candidate having played 10 to 15 games. 

Ownership issues 

Sickness and in health. Mel is not very well but that is not good enough excuse for the players to go unpaid . He has people to run things in his absence. The fall through of the takeover has played a major role in this current showing. The former non owners may have employed Rooney 

Too many cooks 

The whole coaching set up stinks. No passion 

No clear direction 

No experience of coaching. 

Rosenior sky pundit/ slash talks a good game. Good guy in the dressing room.

Given. goalkeeper come new defensive/ attacking coach ( if anyone reads this from donegal I am gonna get hung) not experienced enough to set up a team who can defend first with their lives and be alert to the main dangers of our opposition but prefers to work on pointless corner routines they has worked once. Good guy in the dressing room.

Rooney. Little stepping stone to nowhere it seems now. However how much we wanted him off the pitch, part of me wishes he was still on it. Wrong choice again from whoever employed him. 

Injuries have played a big role in this season of doom. Everyone has them but we have lost our strongest players. As mentioned above about Bielik but Davies, ibe, Gregory (when we thought we had a new system) Lawrence, continues.

Keogh. Sorely missed. The one of a few that would split opinion but a major loss to a team. A main starter for seasons under various managers and an ever present to a recent Derby county team in history. Solid, dependable and committed. Deserves more from this club. 

All above could equal relegation. 

Rooney 

Quiet on the sidelines. Seems good guy. 

Where the hell is the bad guy. I want to see the bad guy. never mind taking them to Wales for team bonding, tell them how it is and how you want them to play. No passion from the sidelines is no leadership for me. 

Get angry, get passionate, get what Derby means to people. 

I think the biggest thing is the playing squad. Not enough numbers, not enough quality, not enough characters.

We didn't replace Keogh, Johnson, Huddlestone, Bryson, Nugent etc. We don't have enough championship experienced players or leaders. 

We let players like Malone, Marriott, Evans, Holmes, Jozefzoon go and didn't replace them. We no longer have options off the bench.

To put it simply we just don't have a good enough squad. That is the main reason as to why it's gone wrong.

A million and one reasons but a glaring one is our absolute lack of pace and ability in our front line. 
We don’t / can’t turn any defences and get them on the back foot so they never have to worry about it. We play in front of them and lump it up to a distinctly average forward and rarely have players supporting him. 
With  this in mind we’ve scored the least we have in many a year and with our also porous defence we’ve lost more than we’ve won. 

The reason why its gone wrong.... mel morris

We might have made the playoffs for a couple of years but in terms of playing style, financially, respect from other teams and fans. We have gone backwards year ln year

If we manage to fluke staying up id take a nigel clough style steady the ship era again. We are a circus 

It really went wrong at the point of sacking nigel clough . We went away from the hard work ethic and buying players that had the right temperament with no money .To suddenly finding a bit if money to give to McLaren for a very short while his training and prob spotting a few tweaks and the freshness of a new manager effect got Derby playing some really good football.But let's never forget that squad was nigels and will never know how close he was to getting something from it .But as we all know traitor Steve fluttered his eyelids at newcastle , completely destroyed player moral of where all in it together , it was nothing to do with injuries at all , the bubble popped with Steve jumping ship. After this employing lampard could have been a masterstroke but like steve he made us all think he was Derby thru and thru , he brought in 3 disastrous loans,  tomori,mount,Wilson,  they were disastrous because they were basically the team and it ripped the heart out of our side when they went back and since then investment has been non existent and we have tried to get by with more celebrity managers . I mean did we learn nothing with lampard. Employing a big name either ends in disaster or if they do turn out to be good how long would we have kept hold of rooney . Let's pretend rooney is turning out to be brilliant,  how long would we keep him , where is the bloody stability ethic ! . We are down but fir gods sake pray we get Alonso and pray we get a normal grafting type manager my preference wilder or evatt......or yes the return of nigel . Rant over.

22 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

It really went wrong at the point of sacking nigel clough . We went away from the hard work ethic and buying players that had the right temperament with no money .To suddenly finding a bit if money to give to McLaren for a very short while his training and prob spotting a few tweaks and the freshness of a new manager effect got Derby playing some really good football.But let's never forget that squad was nigels and will never know how close he was to getting something from it .But as we all know traitor Steve fluttered his eyelids at newcastle , completely destroyed player moral of where all in it together , it was nothing to do with injuries at all , the bubble popped with Steve jumping ship. After this employing lampard could have been a masterstroke but like steve he made us all think he was Derby thru and thru , he brought in 3 disastrous loans,  tomori,mount,Wilson,  they were disastrous because they were basically the team and it ripped the heart out of our side when they went back and since then investment has been non existent and we have tried to get by with more celebrity managers . I mean did we learn nothing with lampard. Employing a big name either ends in disaster or if they do turn out to be good how long would we have kept hold of rooney . Let's pretend rooney is turning out to be brilliant,  how long would we keep him , where is the bloody stability ethic ! . We are down but fir gods sake pray we get Alonso and pray we get a normal grafting type manager my preference wilder or evatt......or yes the return of nigel . Rant over.

Great post totally 100% with u on the Nigel clough bit, I wouldn’t call the loans disastrous but I know what your alluding to 

I loved watching mount and still do, brilliant footballer 

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Great post totally 100% with u on the Nigel clough bit, I wouldn’t call the loans disastrous but I know what your alluding to 

I loved watching mount and still do, brilliant footballer 

Mount was everything will hughes wasnt , I'm sorry but hughes was so over rated.  I always called hughes Mr sideways.  Your right the loans were incredible UNTIL they went back !!!

3 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Mount was everything will hughes wasnt , I'm sorry but hughes was so over rated.  I always called hughes Mr sideways.  Your right the loans were incredible UNTIL they went back !!!

Mount for me is one of the best players this country has right now, Willy Hughes was and is a v good player but mount is quite literally another level 

his ability to find pockets of space in between the lines high up the pitch where it’s hardest to do and affect games from there is similar to a young cesc fabregas for me, the kids quality and we were lucky to be able to have him

but ur totally right it effectively put a sticky plaster over our fragile squad and masked some of lampards expensive and costly purchases like malone and co 

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

The reason why its gone wrong.... mel morris

We might have made the playoffs for a couple of years but in terms of playing style, financially, respect from other teams and fans. We have gone backwards year ln year

If we manage to fluke staying up id take a nigel clough style steady the ship era again. We are a circus 

I’ve defended Mel in the past because of his passion for the club and genuine desire to do the best thing but, the mismanagement of the club has got us into a serious financial pickle preventing serious recruitment in key areas. Meaning, Cocu and Rooney (neither of which are free from blame) have had to try to manage with one arm behind their back.

Love him or hate him another factor has to be the loss of Keogh. We lack leadership and passion on the pitch as well. The evidence being the choice of captain. I’ve never been a fan of making the keeper captain as they are too distant from most of the action. It was also unfair on Knight to make him captain. If it wasn’t detailed when they announce the line up, would you honestly know who the captain was yesterday or most other games this season?

It went wrong in so many places, it's a catalogue of errors. Fine margins say we're still not relegated, so one loss turned into a win would have changed the final weekend. 

Reality is, fix any of the little issues and we stay up. 

A bit better coaching

A more experienced manager

One signing

One less injury

One referee's decision 

One costly defensive error

One shot better placed

One less ownership drama

One better appointment behind the scenes. 

Utterly depressing. 

28 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’ve defended Mel in the past because of his passion for the club and genuine desire to do the best thing but, the mismanagement of the club has got us into a serious financial pickle preventing serious recruitment in key areas. Meaning, Cocu and Rooney (neither of which are free from blame) have had to try to manage with one arm behind their back.

Love him or hate him another factor has to be the loss of Keogh. We lack leadership and passion on the pitch as well. The evidence being the choice of captain. I’ve never been a fan of making the keeper captain as they are too distant from most of the action. It was also unfair on Knight to make him captain. If it wasn’t detailed when they announce the line up, would you honestly know who the captain was yesterday or most other games this season?

Great post and totally bang on 

58 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

It really didn’t go wrong when we sacked Clough - we were going nowhere with him in charge. It went wrong when Morris arrived after the 2014 playoff final and started throwing his money and his weight around. I genuinely had my doubts about him when he sacked Mac at the end of the 2014/15 season and again when he fired Clement as we sat 4th in the table. He has systematically wrecked our club with his interfering and poor decision making and I loath the man for it.

As for future managers I totally agree with you - whatever division we’re in we should go all out for Wilder (unlikely to get him I know but it’s worth a shot) or as you say Ian Evatt, a young and hungry manager who seems very capable of making a silk purse out of a sows ear judging by what he has done at Barrow & Bolton. Either way I just want our club to fly under the radar for a while, to reset and rebuild without being some unqualified inexperienced big name managers pet project.

I would say it's been going wrong from when Rowett left he knew that Morris was changing direction in funding the team that's why he jumped ship and went to Stoke, after that it's been celebrity managers Lampard/Cocu/Rooney, if Lampard hadn't got Mount, Wilson and Tomorri on loan we would have struggled his signings were rubbish and Cocu/Rooney been a disaster. 

18 minutes ago, Jayram said:

It really didn’t go wrong when we sacked Clough - we were going nowhere with him in charge. It went wrong when Morris arrived after the 2014 playoff final and started throwing his money and his weight around. I genuinely had my doubts about him when he sacked Mac at the end of the 2014/15 season and again when he fired Clement as we sat 4th in the table. He has systematically wrecked our club with his interfering and poor decision making and I loath the man for it.

As for future managers I totally agree with you - whatever division we’re in we should go all out for Wilder (unlikely to get him I know but it’s worth a shot) or as you say Ian Evatt, a young and hungry manager who seems very capable of making a silk purse out of a sows ear judging by what he has done at Barrow & Bolton. Either way I just want our club to fly under the radar for a while, to reset and rebuild without being some unqualified inexperienced big name managers pet project.

I think I prefer the Evatt option 

I want someone who wants to be at this club .. like really wants it and that being here is the biggest step in their career and they see it an honour to represent our club 

same goes for any incoming playing staff