Has the race to play offs thread been taken down ?

NottsRam77

58 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Just to save face and all that, incase any clubs come sniffing for a good laugh 

or has the Derby county entitlement brigade still got it running ?

It better not have, it's the most "popular" thread I've ever started!

I assume you were one of the many people who read the thread title, then didn't really read anymore.

It basically said how most of the rest of the league were average, and that there was a path to the playoffs if our good run continued.

If I had been a Barnsley fan, and had posted the same thing about that team at the same time, I would be the legend of their forum.

I would probably hold the same level of celebrity and kudos as you do here, as our hero who bravely told everyone we would do rubbish in the end. We all hail your genius as the person who saw it all coming.

If only you had been able to do something about it though. Instead of just posting words on the internet.

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

To clarify There was a select few that had the thought of Derby county being relegated from the champ as being inconceivable and mocked anyone that thought otherwise 

I'm not sure who is in the Entitlement Brigade, but I certainly wouldn't want to be on the end of a mocking from them.

Your posts tonight though seem more mock-worthy than previous predictions that we might go down.

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’ll be honest while I don’t hold Rooney totally accountable for recent failings i do think a more seasoned hand would have had us safe 

in the same way I think if we’re to build a promotion charge we need a more experienced hand ... we’re still a mess off the field remember there’s little room for error IMO 

Well, I met a fourteen year old Charlton supporter this afternoon, and he thought that Rooney should get some experience in a lower league, or learn his trade at an overseas team.

Oh no! I think he meant a different club in a lower league - but maybe he meant us! (I did share some potential advantages, but I think that he may have known more about football than me!)

One interesting thing though, I asked him what it was like being in League 1, and he seemed to be a strong fan, and he was excitedly discussing the line-up with his family.

So, maybe, many of the things that we like about supporting Derby will be there whichever league we are in?

The main problem for me, is that one of my friends has a friend who supports Forest - sorry about that - and it is the prospect of bumping into them which will be the worst part.

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

To clarify There was a select few that had the thought of Derby county being relegated from the champ as being inconceivable and mocked anyone that thought otherwise 

I must have missed those posts, entirely possible as I don't have time to read everything. I don't recall anyone saying relegation was inconceivable.

I did see the play off thread which I read, and joined in, as a tongue in cheek antidote to doom and gloom. Its what people do, in any walk of life whether its football, work, whatever.

Forums are a broad church. from huge optimists to people who always think the worst, and every step in between, so I'm not too sure why it annoys you if some thought we might not go down. It makes no difference to what actually happens, if we go down we go down, posts on a forum won't have contributed to it, its just fans giving opinions, and often attempts at black humour to try and lighten the mood.

I totally sympathise with you, @NottsRam77.

I too have been roundly mocked and derided for my views on the forum.

It’s not nice and it would be quite easy to go around taking acclaim in return.

But getting worked up is probably only going to make you feel worse. You have to try and put it to one side.

At a time like this, it doesn’t matter who was right and who was wrong.

We have to remember that in and amongst the bickering and in-fighting, we are all wearing the same colours and we are all hurting over the great capitulation of our proud club.

37 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

But, I have just seen a posting by @angieram saying that we are not allowed to insult members, so, if that's the case, she may look into the people who have been mocking you.

To some degree, the definition of "insult" is the one that is defined by the recipient. If someone feels insulted, and asks it to stop, then it is the continuation that becomes the problem. (Unintentional insults are almost impossible to prevent!)

To be honest, I do not see a problem with a few insults. We have to be careful what we wish for. If we do not find ourselves having occasional insults, then our debates and discussions are probably lacking sufficient passion. And if the arguments are too lame, then the desire to be on the forum probably diminishes.

Maybe they were laughing because they were so confident and blinded by their point of view - and found your comments absurd. (If someone told me that they thought that the moon was made of cheese, then I might well laugh! But just because I am confidence it does not mean that the moon is not made of cheese!)

Don't take mocking personally! It says more about the other people! And you cannot have been a lone voice!

There is a problem with mocking! It shuts down the debate because lots of people stay quiet if they think that they will bear the brunt of it. (Personally, I always like to hear opposing views so that I can challenge myself, and develop the basis of my own argument.)

So, well done if you were feeling under pressure, but carrying on. You may have been saying what other people wished that they felt confident enough to say. Likewise, look below the surface of any mocking comments, as there may be some valid points about which you could agree, but are missing because of the insult! Maybe!

Speaking of brigades!

I cannot deny that I have thought that the "relegation brigade" have been far too pessimistic. And, so, today, I have found myself acknowledging that they knew what they were talking about.

Likewise, with the "Rooney-out Brigade", I have been supportive of his potential, but I have also found myself thinking today that this brigade may also have known what they were talking about.

PS. I have a feeling that I may have been on the end of some pointed comments - or maybe it was support - from Uttox and/or Jordan. I cannot remember, but I have that feeling.

So, thanks, either for the support - or for the robust debate!

49 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

PS. I have a feeling that I may have been on the end of some pointed comments - or maybe it was support - from Uttox and/or Jordan. I cannot remember, but I have that feeling.

No pointed comments from me mate.

certainly not meant anyway! ?

1 hour ago, Ken Tram said:

Not at all, KT.

My comments were only directed to NottsRam77.

I understand what he is going through.

7 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

But, I have just seen a posting by @angieram saying that we are not allowed to insult members, so, if that's the case, she may look into the people who have been mocking you.

To some degree, the definition of "insult" is the one that is defined by the recipient. If someone feels insulted, and asks it to stop, then it is the continuation that becomes the problem. (Unintentional insults are almost impossible to prevent!)

To be honest, I do not see a problem with a few insults. We have to be careful what we wish for. If we do not find ourselves having occasional insults, then our debates and discussions are probably lacking sufficient passion. And if the arguments are too lame, then the desire to be on the forum probably diminishes.

Maybe they were laughing because they were so confident and blinded by their point of view - and found your comments absurd. (If someone told me that they thought that the moon was made of cheese, then I might well laugh! But just because I am confidence it does not mean that the moon is not made of cheese!)

Don't take mocking personally! It says more about the other people! And you cannot have been a lone voice!

There is a problem with mocking! It shuts down the debate because lots of people stay quiet if they think that they will bear the brunt of it. (Personally, I always like to hear opposing views so that I can challenge myself, and develop the basis of my own argument.)

So, well done if you were feeling under pressure, but carrying on. You may have been saying what other people wished that they felt confident enough to say. Likewise, look below the surface of any mocking comments, as there may be some valid points about which you could agree, but are missing because of the insult! Maybe!

It’s fine mate, people disagree , people see football totally differently and that’s great and the beauty of it 

I just feel that this club have had a certain element that think things like relegation from the champ  don’t happen to us and the notion of it Happening inconceivable 

Bit like our government and their early approach to covid 

Edited by NottsRam77

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I totally sympathise with you, @NottsRam77.

I too have been roundly mocked and derided for my views on the forum.

It’s not nice and it would be quite easy to go around taking acclaim in return.

But getting worked up is probably only going to make you feel worse. You have to try and put it to one side.

At a time like this, it doesn’t matter who was right and who was wrong.

We have to remember that in and amongst the bickering and in-fighting, we are all wearing the same colours and we are all hurting over the great capitulation of our proud club.

Can u just right my posts for me atm

this is what I should have wrote 

great post and Thankyou 

It’s  a difficult time for all of us but regardless of viewpoint we all yearn for the same thing 

who knows we might survive and we can have one big cyber bounce and group hug 

COYR

Edited by NottsRam77

8 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Well, I met a fourteen year old Charlton supporter this afternoon, and he thought that Rooney should get some experience in a lower league, or learn his trade at an overseas team.

Oh no! I think he meant a different club in a lower league - but maybe he meant us! (I did share some potential advantages, but I think that he may have known more about football than me!)

One interesting thing though, I asked him what it was like being in League 1, and he seemed to be a strong fan, and he was excitedly discussing the line-up with his family.

So, maybe, many of the things that we like about supporting Derby will be there whichever league we are in?

The main problem for me, is that one of my friends has a friend who supports Forest - sorry about that - and it is the prospect of bumping into them which will be the worst part.

Try living with them lol

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Try living with them lol

I was about to say, "I summer what is like to live with someone who supports another team," and then a nervous tic erupted across my face as I remembered that my ex was from Leicester!

I must have tried to erase that from my memory.

What an obvious mistake'a to make'a!

But knowing my track record of learning from my mistakes, my next marriage will probably be to a red!

1 minute ago, Ken Tram said:

I was about to say, "I summer what is like to live with someone who supports another team," and then a nervous tic erupted across my face as I remembered that my ex was from Leicester!

I must have tried to erase that from my memory.

What an obvious mistake'a to make'a!

But knowing my track record of learning from my mistakes, my next marriage will probably be to a red!

The mrs whole family are all red dogs, most of my mates are 

I need to re evaluate my life decisions quite honestly lol

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

The mrs whole family are all red dogs, most of my mates are 

I need to re evaluate my life decisions quite honestly lol

I nearly wrote Notts lass, but because of your name, I thought that you might be offended if I assumed that all Notts ladies are dogs.

Oh no! The hole that I'm digging, is getting deeper and deeper.

Joking aside! Get divorced quickly! It sounds like you are in real danger!