Jozwiak

vonwright

Had one of his better games today and looked like he could be a threat.

He can't kick the ball properly though, especially with his left foot, which is why he doesn't score.

That being said he was our biggest attacking threat today and the decision to take him off whilst Waghorn plodded around with a look of disinterest was typical of our incompetent manager.

He will probably end up at a Middlesbrough, West Brom or Swansea and turn into a decent player with others with brains around him. Won't see him play 'live' though in all likelihood.

36 minutes ago, Diego said:

You don’t take a player off if he’s playing well, despite all previous games.

That scouse meatball head doesn’t even know that much.

I think it’s horses for courses to be quite honest 

we have negligible attacking threat or ability within the Squad 

mid have kept him on personally as like u say he was playing well 

we can’t defend balls into the box that’s the Problem 

If we could we’d have at least 2 points more for just the last two games 

Like many others, I didn't get the decision to take him off today... at all! He was definitely one of our better players.

Joz could still turn out to be the best bit of business we've done in a long time... all we need is for him to play a blinder at the EUROs and someone to offer us £8-10million. Job done! (although we'd probably end up selling for a bag of peanuts anyway).

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Well here we are 

in my eyes we are down 

just been to the pub with a notts county mate who’s equally brassed off with football to drown our sorrows 

As I think many expected but hoped for better myself Included thought Rooney was the appointment with more seasoned hands being the ord

His effort is isn’t In question is quality like most of our attacking players is 

that said today ... I thought offensively we were ok .... ish .. defensively yet again we were absolutely shambolic 

that first goal today was truly playground stuff a free header to cut it back again i our 6 yard box 

were shocking 

Wednesday will beat us , I can Guarantee u now ... we will play ok like today but we will at some stage of the game allow crosses i the box ... game over 

see u All In league one:( 

Understand why you say this and I think most agree but, if you watched them today they have all the same problems we do. They were seriously lucky not to lose. That’s the only difference between the two teams at the moment. Luck. We seem to be being punished for every error we make.

All likelihood is we will only need a draw next week so we absolutely have a chance. It is nowhere near done, despite how it feels right now or whether you have any belief in this squad and staff they are capable of getting another point.

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Understand why you say this and I think most agree but, if you watched them today they have all the same problems we do. They were seriously lucky not to lose. That’s the only difference between the two teams at the moment. Luck. We seem to be being punished for every error we make.

All likelihood is we will only need a draw next week so we absolutely have a chance. It is nowhere near done, despite how it feels right now or whether you have any belief in this squad and staff they are capable of getting another point.

Mate I hear what your saying but I think it’s more than just bad luck 

look at the goals we conceded against brum... look at the first goal today 

Look at the first goal against Blackburn .. that ain’t luck .. that’s a recurring theme

when balls go into our box we’re left wanting ... that’s why we are where we are 

I can tell u now next week unless we do a Preston and roll over we will play ok, have a fair share of the ball ... we may even score but u know the moment the ball starts going into out box it’s a flip of a coin as to whever it ends up in our net or not 

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Mate I hear what your saying but I think it’s more than just bad luck 

look at the goals we conceded against brum... look at the first goal today 

Look at the first goal against Blackburn .. that ain’t luck .. that’s a recurring theme

when balls go into our box we’re left wanting ... that’s why we are where we are 

I can tell u now next week unless we do a Preston and roll over we will play ok, have a fair share of the ball ... we may even score but u know the moment the ball starts going into out box it’s a flip of a coin as to whever it ends up in our net or not 

Not disputing any of that or saying bad luck is the reason we’re in this position (we’ve lost 6 in a row FFS!) just saying they are equally poo right now and equally capable of bottling it.

No one is hopeful but it’s not fait accompli 

10 hours ago, angieram said:

Another reminder that the following is prohibited:

Personal insults/profanity towards other members…..

It’s going to be a busy couple of weeks for the mods as the ‘I was right all along’ posters start crowing about their wonderful foresight (particularly as some of the worst offenders have already started) - think I might take a break for a few weeks when the inevitable happens…..

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

It’s going to be a busy couple of weeks for the mods as the ‘I was right all along’ posters start crowing about their wonderful foresight (particularly as some of the worst offenders have already started) - think I might take a break for a few weeks when the inevitable happens…..

It's a shame Morris didn't have a portion of this wonderful foresight too ?

Then maybe be wouldn't be staring down the barrel of relegation to League 1. Hey ho.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's a shame Morris didn't have a portion of this wonderful foresight too ?

Then maybe be wouldn't be staring down the barrel of relegation to League 1. Hey ho.

I had the foresight to expect you to be one of the first to react ?

Watching back again this morning (sad or what), He was our best player and showed all sorts of attacking activity but for all his industry and magic the end result was often not particularly useful. Towards the end of his shift he was looking a bit tired (understandable given his workrate and lack of match time) so I can see why he went off. Hopefully he will be energised for next week.

Having said that I would have taken others off who were having no impact on the game  at that stage like Knight Forsyth, or Waghorn. 

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Watching back again this morning (sad or what), He was our best player and showed all sorts of attacking activity but for all his industry and magic the end result was often not particularly useful. Towards the end of his shift he was looking a bit tired (understandable given his workrate and lack of match time) so I can see why he went off. Hopefully he will be energised for next week.

Having said that I would have taken others off who were having no impact on the game  at that stage like Knight Forsyth, or Waghorn. 

Waghorn was involved in our goal. He passed to Byrne, whose cross was headed in. Was that not an impact?

On 01/05/2021 at 17:56, vonwright said:

Thought he was brilliant today. Took up great positions, made theatening runs, took people on, fast direct passing. Did a real shift in defence, too, and saved us a goal. And while others jogged about and scowled at each other and looked like they thought they were too good to have to try, and hard-done-by by the universe, he played like a pro.

You can say 'yeah he does all that but no end product'. But come on: if the likes of Lawrence and Waghorn (and even CKR) did their main jobs as well as he did his, we'd have won today. You can't blame him for not doing _everything_ when some others don't seem to be doing _anything_

Why Wayne took him off baffles me. If he wanted to bring Roberts on, I would switched him to the left brought Lawrence in behind CKR and subbed Waghorn

6 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Why Wayne took him off baffles me. If he wanted to bring Roberts on, I would switched him to the left brought Lawrence in behind CKR and subbed Waghorn

That seemed the most obvious decision to make and 99.9% of us would have done that. Wayne though, he does like to make a crazy sub or two each game it’s baffling what he’s thinking.