Derby vs Sheff W (H) Matchday Thread

56 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think the game on Saturday will resemble two asthmatics playing blow football. 

I'd imagine it will be closer to the below, but without the ball going into the net.

4 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Post taken from “I had a peek at the Derby forum” from Owlstalk.

“Someone sign up to the Derby forum and tell them to stop worrying ffs, they’ll be fine”

..............they seem to have taken the threat of relegation to a new level.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/300649-i-had-a-peek-at-the-Derby-forum/page/3/#comments

I had a peek at their forum as well, if you didn't know it you would have thought it was our forum. very similar realism...well sort of.  I have never had an issue with the Owl's but sorry you are going down.................maybe with us lol 

23 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I had a peek at their forum as well, if you didn't know it you would have thought it was our forum. very similar realism...well sort of.  I have never had an issue with the Owl's but sorry you are going down.................maybe with us lol 

Of the three of us, I think Wednesday are the most doomed, between us and Rotherham depends on tonight for how it'll look going into Saturday. Rotherham win Tonight and I'll feel more doomed than ever, and I felt pretty doomed after Blackburn.

Anyone else feel like it's a lose lose situation on Saturday? If we lose and go down I'll be pissed off. But I'll also be pissed off if we win and celebrate the win as a success. Should have wrapped this up weeks ago.

We should win and walk off the pitch with no emotion in my view 😂

23 hours ago, plymouthram said:

If we win on Saturday, Wednesday will be 6 points behind us and possibly a worse goal diffence. so giving their deducted 6 points back would still possibly have them below us in the table. And 6 straight league defeats was acheived by Bristol City earlier in the season having lost to the Rams on the 30th Jan they went through most of February losing another 5 league games including a defeat in the cup to struggling Sheff Utd which meant they lost 7 in total on the bounce. Does that make Bristol League One standard, not all League one teams lose 6 or 7 on the run. Yes Bristol are'nt in a relegation situation, but they have lost 24 games like the Rams and have conceded 65 goals compared with our 55. It's fine margains, the odd draw being a defeat or win being a draw could have put any team from 15th position to where we are currently. I expect the Barnsley fans last season who finished 4th from bottom with Wigan going down because of their points deduction were thinking they were League One standard. I wonder what happened to them this season.

Aren't we like the lowest scorers in the football league? You may call that "fine margins" but I don't. 

3 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Anyone else feel like it's a lose lose situation on Saturday? If we lose and go down I'll be pissed off. But I'll also be pissed off if we win and celebrate the win as a success. Should have wrapped this up weeks ago.

We should win and walk off the pitch with no emotion in my view 😂

WTF!

If we win, then celebrate. What are you wanting to say by not celebrating?!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

WTF!

If we win, then celebrate. What are you wanting to say by not celebrating?!

Because given our club size, expenditure and budget, we should be looking to achieve a lot more than staying up on the last game of the season!

Seeing Waghorn high five Rooney will infuriate me if they're thinking they've achieved some kind of success by doing so.

Relief? Absolutely. Celebration worthy? Absolutely not. 

3 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Because given our club size, expenditure and budget, we should be looking to achieve a lot more than staying up on the last game of the season!

Seeing Waghorn high five Rooney will infuriate me if they're thinking they've achieved some kind of success by doing so.

Relief? Absolutely. Celebration worthy? Absolutely not. 

Of course it's worthy of celebration. We are where we are and if we stay up then celebrate. All this we shouldn't be, we're a big club bananas is just that, baalocks.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Of course it's worthy of celebration. We are where we are and if we stay up then celebrate. All this we shouldn't be, we're a big club bananas is just that, baalocks.

I mostly agree, which is why I included the expenditure and wage budget that we have in comparison to other clubs. You can't call that baalocks.

I can't imagine Brian Clough celebrating staying up in this division as a success. I reckon he'd be shoe horning them back into the changing rooms telling them they've had a lucky escape, now duck off those who are on loan and anyone who's contract has expired, anyone still on contract to come back in July with a much better attitude.

Too soft these days.

11 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

I mostly agree, which is why I included the expenditure and wage budget that we have in comparison to other clubs. You can't call that baalocks.

Not this season. The squad is a mess this season and not on the sort of money previously. So yeah baalocks.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not this season. The squad is a mess this season and not on the sort of money previously. So yeah baalocks.

Are you completely oblivious to what we've spent this season on transfers and wages? Then compare that to those teams around us... 

Edited by Sheikh n Bake
1 minute ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Are you completely oblivious to what we've spent this season on transfers and wages? Then compare that to those teams around us... 

No. But look at the squad. If we stay up celebrate!