Derby vs Sheff W (H) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think Wilder has just slightly the better managerial achievements and cv. But anyway, enough said...

What achievements would you expect Rooney to have after 34? games in charge with the team bottom of the league when he took over?

Id expect that his remit was to keep the team in the division. 

46 minutes ago, Spanish said:

He’s not all that.  The reason he had to go that far out was a good sign.  Can’t believe how comfortable we were in the last 10 or so minutes

You were comfortable in the last 10 minutes ???? .. Right lad ... give up the Costa .. get over here now, your taking all the penalties and we are going to call you El Ice Man and you’ll become a legend.

7 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Waghorn talking like he's just won the cup

7 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Alejandro Jodorowsky Party GIF by Endless Poetry

7 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Well done Rooney and team and fans.

I haven't felt this good for a while.

7 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Knight & Lawrence kicking off! ?

A1931978-5385-482F-BA71-B26D3053C27D.jpeg

8 hours ago, DerbyRam! said:

Fuckinggngnrusdjrjekfkek Derby!!!!!!!!

We are staying up!

We are staying up we are staying up, we are staying up;!*+*+*×*=*÷*÷(=*÷*!!!!!!!!!!!!

....never in doubt! ????????????????

"We must be very careful not to assign to this deliverance the attributes of a victory. Wars are not won by evacuations. But there was a victory inside this deliverance, which should be noted."

-Winston Churchill- after Dunkirk

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can you not see that the same arguments could be used against Wilder. He has 12 points in 24 matches or something, and that was with his own players (including £25m spent on a striker) why could he not get more out of them, after all he has years more experience than Rooney.

I dont have anything to suggest Rooney would use extra time and resources to good effect, but not sure how we can judge anyone's managerial credentials without giving them a fair crack of yhe whip.

Taking over a team bottom of the league, stuck in a rut, used to playing negative football, with no strikers and being given no money in the transfer window is not a fair crack of the whip for me.

Yes, but this was in the Premier League. So why would it be relevant to his suitability for us?

Are we in the Premier League? No, we are not.

Do we appoint managers based on their most recent season’s work and that alone? No, we don’t.

Wilder did a poor job with Sheffield United this season, no-one would suggest otherwise. But it was his fantastic work that got them in that position to ‘fail’ in the first place.

We would be appointing him on the strength of two strong finishes in the Championship and a good overall career record.

A fair crack of the whip? Say what you will about the state of the club, but Rooney got this job before he was even qualified to do so.

On those grounds alone, I think he has had more than a fair crack at the whip.

I was just sitting here thinking.

Waggy looked as if he could have badly injured himself in nearly scoring in the first five minutes.

Most players would have gone off then.

He stayed on and scored two goals.

He then vociferously supported the others rather than going for a well earned early bath/ lie down.

A great example not just to the Rams but to the game in general!

Without him we'd have been relegated instead of Wendy today I reckon!

Now if we can just hold on to a fit Bielik next season!

Oh..and give Wayne a chance!

1 hour ago, Kinder said:

What’s vegan Prosecco? Does normal Prosecco have animal products in it?

A lot of wines, beers and lagers use finings (fish scales) in the filtration process apparently. She used to drink lager like a fish until one of my knob heard mates pointed it out thinking he was being clever. 

11 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

I was just sitting here thinking.

Waggy looked as if he could have badly injured himself in nearly scoring in the first five minutes.

Most players would have gone off then.

He stayed on and scored two goals.

He then vociferously supported the others rather than going for a well earned early bath/ lie down.

A great example not just to the Rams but to the game in general!

Now if we can just hold on to a fit Bielik next season!

Oh..and give Wayne a chance!

Great post and then you went and ruined it right at the end ?

8 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

The lad did well but lets be realistic, had Wednesday not been docked 6 points his goals would have meant nothing.

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can you not see that the same arguments could be used against Wilder. He has 12 points in 24 matches or something, and that was with his own players (including £25m spent on a striker) why could he not get more out of them, after all he has years more experience than Rooney.

I dont have anything to suggest Rooney would use extra time and resources to good effect, but not sure how we can judge anyone's managerial credentials without giving them a fair crack of yhe whip.

Taking over a team bottom of the league, stuck in a rut, used to playing negative football, with no strikers and being given no money in the transfer window is not a fair crack of the whip for me.

can you not see wilder has a cv that is backed up with consistently good performances over the course of several seasons at many levels and all Rooney has is that he was a great player and has gained us 7 points from the last 45 with a win record at the club comparable to Paul Jewell... 

2 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

"Wayne Rooney basked in relief after his Derby team stayed up via a desperate 3-3 draw against a Sheffield Wednesday side laid low by boardroom chaos..." Pretty miserable take on things, is he a poster on here?

10 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Always good to read a neutral perspective, thanks. At least some recognition that the extensive problems of both clubs are not entirely of our own making. 

I like the description of Waghorn as "a force of pure scrawny will". I have always thought of him as a bit of a unit, myself! Must be because many of the rest of our players are even scrawnier!

And to describe football as a pyramid scheme is spot on. The game can't keep using the money of the many at the bottom to fund the largesse of those few teams at the top.

However painful our current situation, we are just a symptom of a much more terminal malaise in the game.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

can you not see wilder has a cv that is backed up with consistently good performances over the course of several seasons at many levels and all Rooney has is that he was a great player and has gained us 7 points from the last 45 with a win record at the club comparable to Paul Jewell... 

Yes he does have a good cv...other than challenging for our worst team in history of course.

Can you not see that Rooney took over a team, that was managed by someone that has managed and won titles at a higher level, that was bottom of the league, not scoring goals and devoid of confidence.

If youre going to judge Rooney on one bad season why should I not do the same with Wilder?

By all means if we are still getting the same performances and results 10 or 12 games into next season I will join you in saying Rooney is not the man for the job.

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes he does have a good cv...other than challenging for our worst team in history of course.

Can you not see that Rooney took over a team, that was managed by someone that has managed and won titles at a higher level, that was bottom of the league, not scoring goals and devoid of confidence.

If youre going to judge Rooney on one bad season why should I not do the same with Wilder?

By all means if we are still getting the same performances and results 10 or 12 games into next season I will join you in saying Rooney is not the man for the job.

The trouble with your last paragraph is that appointing a new manager mid season just strikes me as horribly inefficient, unless you have the right structure in place that you’ll be appointing a manager who will be able to work with what we have.

This summer we are at a complete crossroads where we are likely to have new ownership and potentially a whole new squad. If we are only going to give Rooney a dozen games before pulling the trigger, it makes no sense to let him have input on recruiting the upwards of 10 players we will need. It makes more sense, if we are sticking with him, to ride out a rough start for the longer term, but that is only if those in charge have complete faith in him. I don’t see how they can, if I am honest.

Tricky position to be in and I don’t really know the answer. My suspicion would be that a fresh start across the board is best, with an upwardly mobile manager such as Ian Evatt who has shown capability of building good squads in the image he wants to play at, at two different levels in the last two seasons.