Derby vs Sheff W (H) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

1 win in 15 happened.

Being two minutes and one goal from going down to League 1 happened.

I would change things. I think we gambled with Rooney and in the end, luck smiled down on us.

We ignored the warning signs and gave Cocu more time.

I think we need to learn from that. We’d be better served starting afresh, I believe.

Didnt something even worse happen with Wilder this season?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

I dont know, that is what I am asking. 

Last time I saw his team play he relied on mobile centre backs getting forward.

I was talking about Wazza? I am sure Wilder has the nous and experience to give the players the direction they need to play in the style he wants. Be a refreshing change for the players...

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I was talking about Wazza? I am sure Wilder has the nous and experience to give the players the direction they need to play in the style he wants. Be a refreshing change for the players...

How did the nous and experience work this season?

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How did the nous and experience work this season?

This line of argumentation you're taking is ridiculous. Would you have said Arthur Cox had nothing more to offer than a rookie manager with an abysmal record when his Derby side were relegated with 24 points in 91?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Is Wilder done then as a Manager? Have you seen his record? Are you seriously suggesting Wazza has more credibility, really ?

Nope. Im suggesting some of the arguments being used Rooney could also be used against Wilder.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ah that's good then. I've changed my mind. Get him in.

I am not sure what you have against Wilder.

In Sheffield United’s first year back in the Championship, they finished 10th. The following year they finished 2nd ahead of Leeds, WBA, Villa and us.

Say what you will about this season with Sheffield United. It has been very poor and they underachieved by most people’s standards. But that’s only because of how well they did in their first season in the PL and how much they overachieved initially that led to people actually expecting more.

If you look at Wilder’s overall career performance, he is a winning manager. How many blemishes does he have on his record?

I think if he came here, there would be plenty of excitement and optimism. No guarantees, of course, but he would definitely feel like a step in the right direction.

Just read this thread from kick off to full time. I have to say that as a collective, we must be the most bi-polar bunch in the entire world.

Low level grumbling for most of the first half, then outrage from Sheff's goal untill we scored. Then enthusiasm rising to crowing euphoria for a few minutes. Then anger spiraling down to the depths of despair untill we equalised again then everyone in a panic and running around as if their hair was on fire untill final whistle.

In't footy great?

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

This line of argumentation you're taking is ridiculous. Would you have said Arthur Cox had nothing more to offer than a rookie manager with an abysmal record when his Derby side were relegated with 24 points in 91?

More to offer in what respect?

Of course they have more experience but how does a rookie manager get experience?

Would you have said that Frank Lampard would have had more to offer than Nigel Pearson or Philip Cocu?

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am not sure what you have against Wilder.

In Sheffield United’s first year back in the Championship, they finished 10th. The following year they finished 2nd ahead of Leeds, WBA, Villa and us.

Say what you will about this season with Sheffield United. It has been very poor and they underachieved by most people’s standards. But that’s only because of how well they did in their first season in the PL and how much they overachieved initially that led to people actually expecting more.

If you look at Wilder’s overall career performance, he is a winning manager. How many blemishes does he have on his record?

I think if he came here, there would be plenty of excitement and optimism. No guarantees, of course, but he would definitely feel like a step in the right direction.

Nothing against him at all.

Just don't understand people acting like he would be the saviour and we should go all out to get him, rather than giving our current manager time and resources to prove himself.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nothing against him at all.

Just don't understand people acting like he would be the saviour and we should go all out to get him, rather than giving our current manager time and resources to prove himself.

We’ve just ended the season with 1 win in 15.

We were a one goal swing away from being relegated.

At the beginning of March, we were nine points clear of the bottom three.

Today, we ended it just one point clear.

I think Rooney has proven plenty at this point.

What makes you so sure he would use the extra time and extra resources well?

If he had got the maximum out of the squad, I would totally get your point. But he clearly hasn’t.

For me we are playing with fire by keeping Rooney in the job. Maybe we can agree to disagree?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

More to offer in what respect?

Of course they have more experience but how does a rookie manager get experience?

Would you have said that Frank Lampard would have had more to offer than Nigel Pearson or Philip Cocu?

I agree it's always a shot in the dark with a complete rookie. Wayne Rooney now has 36 games under his belt. He has lost half of them. His record is worse than the one that got his predecessor sacked. There are huge warning signs regarding his ability and lack of potential as a manager, primarily his complete and utter failure to motivate the players in the run in and his bizarre tactics and team selection.

How does a rookie manager get experience? Most have to earn their chops like Evatt and Wilder by proving themselves in the lower leagues. Celebrity players seem to think they can bypass that inconvenience and LARP as a real manager at Derby without doing anything to earn the position. I didn't like that we appointed Lampard, but have to admit he did ok. I didn't like that we appointed Rooney and based on his performance so far I now utterly despise that we appointed him.

14 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Just read this thread from kick off to full time. I have to say that as a collective, we must be the most bi-polar bunch in the entire world.

Low level grumbling for most of the first half, then outrage from Sheff's goal untill we scored. Then enthusiasm rising to crowing euphoria for a few minutes. Then anger spiraling down to the depths of despair untill we equalised again then everyone in a panic and running around as if their hair was on fire untill final whistle.

In't footy great?

So what is new about being a Rams fan. We should be allowed to change our strongly held opinion about four times in a game. I know that I did. COYR

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

We’ve just ended the season with 1 win in 15.

We were a one goal swing away from being relegated.

At the beginning of March, we were nine points clear of the bottom three.

Today, we ended it just one point clear.

I think Rooney has proven plenty at this point.

What makes you so sure he would use the extra time and extra resources well?

If he had got the maximum out of the squad, I would totally get your point. But he clearly hasn’t.

For me we are playing with fire by keeping Rooney in the job. Maybe we can agree to disagree?

Can you not see that the same arguments could be used against Wilder. He has 12 points in 24 matches or something, and that was with his own players (including £25m spent on a striker) why could he not get more out of them, after all he has years more experience than Rooney.

I dont have anything to suggest Rooney would use extra time and resources to good effect, but not sure how we can judge anyone's managerial credentials without giving them a fair crack of yhe whip.

Taking over a team bottom of the league, stuck in a rut, used to playing negative football, with no strikers and being given no money in the transfer window is not a fair crack of the whip for me.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nope. Im suggesting some of the arguments being used Rooney could also be used against Wilder.

Think Wilder has just slightly the better managerial achievements and cv. But anyway, enough said...