Derby vs Sheff W (H) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

I think the first half was the worst half of football I’ve ever seen.

But that second half - this is why we love football.

Great spirit by the players and Rooney has his moment of glory and that’s something no one will ever be able to take from him.

But if I am Mel or any prospective owner, I am saying: Enjoy your night. Thank you for your service. But we can’t gamble with the future of this proud football club once again.

Wilder in, please.

Just now, Jourdan said:

Great spirit by the players and Rooney has his moment of glory and that’s something no one will ever be able to take from him.

But if I am Mel or any prospective owner, I am saying: Enjoy your night. Thank you for your service. But we can’t gamble with the future of this proud football club once again.

Wilder in, please.

Is that the Wilder that was in charge of a team that were challenging our low points total?

Why is he the messiah all of a sudden?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Anyone posting any negatives after today just dont get football for me.

Lots of things to analyse but that is for another day.

Right now I am on cloud 9 and getting bladdered.

Just wish a few others on here would learn to enjoy these sort of moments.

Sky TV and Football Manager have changed the landscape of football supporters for ever unfortunately. 

Spot on but you just knew the likely suspects.

We're so fortunate to be still in the Championship, need changes throughout the Club if we are to move forward from this massive warning but all that can hopefully be sorted - for pity's sake, just enjoy the fact we've dodged one.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Is that the Wilder that was in charge of a team that were challenging our low points total?

The same Wilder who got an average Sheffield United side promoted over several arguably superior sides including Leeds, ourselves, and WBA.

The same Wilder who took the same squad to a top half finish in the Premier a League.

He might be not be the messiah, but surely he’s a better bet than Rooney if we are looking to progress?

Get waggy a statue let alone a new contract! honestly thought at 3-2 we were done that was it, but my god they found the strength to give us hope and a gorgeous 89th minute equaliser for cardiff to save our hides ? had a bottle of wine and 4 ciders to calm the nerves now is time to celebrate ? forget about the takeover, Rooney and the summer for now, let's have this one day when we can all say WE ARE Derby and we are staying up!! #COYR

22 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Just managed to calm myself down and in the end we did enough to survive and next seasons fixtures will show we are a Championship side and we can know put this debacle  to bed 

Going forward i wouldnt mind have Barry Bannan in our team always looking to play a forward pass and would work well once beilik is fit and perhaps even Josh Windass

Bannan signed another contract with SW I thought?

I managed another hour of sleep after the match and before my long night shift.

Im buzzing now and can’t wait to get to see my Ipswich work mates tonight and wind them up all night at how great it is to he in the championship and how great we are .

The banter tonight will be epic and it’s why I love football but please don’t put me through this again .

We need the learn and try to move on next season and do what’s best for our club and sort out all the disruption going on in the background and try to sort it out on the pitch .

Roll in the euros and here’s to a great new season ????

17 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Wilder in, please.

Wilder would be great. With the lack of squad depth and experience we definitely need an experienced manager. I fear for next season if not. 

Well trying what hasn't worked all season didn't work again in the first half. However the goal wasn't Fozzy's fault for not heading the ball clear - he was given a massive whack in the back as he jumped for the ball, but no free kick given. Qu'elle surprise! But it wasn't the ref's fault that Wednesday scored - all the way through the first we has watched them be first to the loose ball and first to the second ball, so it was no surprise that we watched them bundle the ball over the line. In addition, Wednesday pressed and harried us all the time, while we gave them the freedom of the pitch. We have proved that high pressing works, but as ever we simply couldn't be bothered.

What happened at half time I don't know, but we were much more threatening in the second half, although we had threatened the gaol far more than the Wendies in the first half. And then the magic few moments to put us in front - great work from Tom, Waggy and Roberts, who couldn't miss his chance, despite wearing a Derby forward's shirt!

At which point we promptly started sitting back and trying to defend our huge one goal lead. It doesn't work. And it didn't work. 2 - 2, alth9ough how a player who is the only one on the goal line when the ball comes through him isn't offside I'll never know. Another crap refereeing decision which could have meant relegation, but as ever it was our own fault that the chance was even there, because we sat back instead of pushing for another goal, which at  the time, we needed to make sure. 

Joswiack coming on was a real benefit because he has a "Lets get at them2 mentality, and holds the ball really well. IN reality it showed what we should have done from the start - get on the front foot and cause them trouble. You could say that he drew the foul for the penalty, but all he was doing was going for goal, with the foul coming as a result of pushing forwards. Sadly, I cold have scored Robert's second chance, and I'm 64 years old and have no boots! Thankfully it didn't matter, and the Rotherham  chairman can now spend the entire close season shouting insults and threats to the match officials, and listen to the echoes all by himself.

Waggy really earned the shirt today - did you hear the clatter as he hit the goal post in the first half - I was sure he was going to hospital  for that. Well done him! He was worth the shirt today, but that is just one match, with him blagging the shirt on a freebie for the rest of the season. And thankfully the players did leave everything on the pitch today. Well done. What about all the other matches, where you carted it all back of to the changing rooms?

What today showed is that we do have sufficient ability to be much higher up the league table than we have been, and that largely our problems have come from admittedly from what the players do or don't do on the pitch, but more than that it has been cause by poor team selection, poor tactics, and poor substitutions.

Here's to much, much better next season.

11 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The same Wilder who got an average Sheffield United side promoted over several arguably superior sides including Leeds, ourselves, and WBA.

The same Wilder who took the same squad to a top half finish in the Premier a League.

He might be not be the messiah, but surely he’s a better bet than Rooney if we are looking to progress?

The same Wilder that wanted £70,000 a week at Sheffield United and left because of that 

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Commiserations to Big Dave and Sheff Wed.

Without -6 points they would've been safe. I hope they get promoted back asap as the fans or players really didn't deserve this, their management did.

Agree we need the bigger clubs like SWFC in the championship 

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

2010 - Promotion from the National League with Oxford Utd.

2016 - Promotion to League 1 with Northampton Town (2 seasons after taking over when they were in the League 2 relegation zone).

2017 - Promotion to the Championship with Sheffield Utd.

2018 - Promotion to the Premier League with Sheffield Utd.

2019 - Lead Sheffield Utd to 9th in their first season in the Premier League.

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Anyone posting any negatives after today just dont get football for me.

Lots of things to analyse but that is for another day.

Right now I am on cloud 9 and getting bladdered.

Just wish a few others on here would learn to enjoy these sort of moments.

Sky TV and Football Manager have changed the landscape of football supporters for ever unfortunately. 

My thoughts exactly until I remembered I am playing taxi tonight. PPP!

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The same Wilder that wanted £70,000 a week at Sheffield United and left because of that 

Any manager in this era that can take a club from League 1 to the top half of the Prem in 3 seasons deserves every single penny of that.