Derby Failing to Pay Players on Time

DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, Coneheadjohn said:

How long does it take and what’s the test?

Do they have some sort of a role play where Big Sam asks for a back hander?

There's no dressing up involved (arab sheik stylee)! Well I don't think so. They ask him has he any money and then ask him if it's honestly earned. He says yes, yes and we're all okay. ?

Edited by RoyMac5

It will not just be the Spanish boy, all persons having a significant interest in the club have to be declared and checked out, which is why I think the EFL will not approve this sale. After the Wigan fiasco the EFL will be super vigilant and Trevor Birch is no mug.

42 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

This is exactly my concern too. Not sure whether this is joining the dots or 2+2=5 but this latest report in the context of the recent Collymore tweet that "we could go" and the subsequent Natalie Jackson report that staff at the club were "scared to death of what would happen next" is at the very least consistent with the possibility that Mel might feel he has no alternative but to put us into adminstration if the takeover doesn't go through before the wage bill after this one is due.

I agree.

It feels to me that the report is not so much about the players getting paid on time this month, rather the hint that if the takeover doesn't go through then it could be the last month this is going to happen.

Come on then 1.2m a month, let’s have a guess who’s on what then. 

Roughly 300k a week. Who’s on what. 
Reckon the big earners will be Lawrence, Waghorn, Davies and perhaps Wisdom (judging on the season we signed him). Then just below them I’m having Bielik and Jozwiak. Can’t think who else would be earning the big cheddar. 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Collymore wasn't tweeting about going into administration though, he was being extreme and suggesting no-one would buy us out of administration which is a totally different scenario and so unlikely to happen. Which is why he deleted his tweet imho.

I wouldn't trust collymore on anything Derby related as he's massively biased, just as much as I would believe Mel Morris on anything... 

7 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Come on then 1.2m a month, let’s have a guess who’s on what then. 

Roughly 300k a week. Who’s on what. 
Reckon the big earners will be Lawrence, Waghorn, Davies and perhaps Wisdom (judging on the season we signed him). Then just below them I’m having Bielik and Jozwiak. Can’t think who else would be earning the big cheddar. 

Using crude guesses...

£20k+ = Carson, Wisdom, Davies, Clarke, Malone, Bielik, Lawrence

£15k = Jozwiak, Waghorn, Marriott

£10k = Marshall, Byrne, Forsyth, Shinnie, Kazim, Gregory, Roberts 

£5k = Roos, Buchanan, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Edmundson, Mengi, Baningime, Ibe, Jozefzoon.

That gives a total of £305K so not too far off. Add academy players on professional deals and it's only another £10-20k

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Using crude guesses...

£20k+ = Carson, Wisdom, Davies, Clarke, Malone, Bielik, Lawrence

£15k = Jozwiak, Waghorn, Marriott

£10k = Marshall, Byrne, Forsyth, Shinnie, Kazim, Gregory, Roberts 

£5k = Roos, Buchanan, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Edmundson, Mengi, Baningime, Ibe, Jozefzoon.

That gives a total of £305K so not too far off. Add academy players on professional deals and it's only another £10-20k

Wouldn’t Man City be picking up all of Carson’s wages?  Can’t imagine jozefzoon left a London club on a £3 million transfer to be paid £5,000 per week - plenty of reports out there that Marshall signed for what he was on at wigan £12,000 per week and Marriott at £18,000 per week whilst I tend to agree on most of what you have said. - more savings in the summer it seems 

22 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Wouldn’t Man City be picking up all of Carson’s wages?  Can’t imagine jozefzoon left a London club on a £3 million transfer to be paid £5,000 per week - plenty of reports out there that Marshall signed for what he was on at wigan £12,000 per week and Marriott at £18,000 per week whilst I tend to agree on most of what you have said. - more savings in the summer it seems 

In January the reports were Man City give us two £500k installments to Lao him for the season. The implication being we still pay his wages.

Jozefzoon signed from Brentford who had one of the smallest wage bills in the league at the time.

Rather than stating the wages of every individual player, I've grouped them into approximate figures.

13 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

It will not just be the Spanish boy, all persons having a significant interest in the club have to be declared and checked out, which is why I think the EFL will not approve this sale. After the Wigan fiasco the EFL will be super vigilant and Trevor Birch is no mug.

I happened to meet Trevor Birch last weekend and when the conversation hit on Derby County - quite correctly - he wouldn't talk about the takeover. Like you said, he is no mug and the EFL will be doing things properly.

It'e worth remembering that, as an organisation, they are operating with a greatly reduced staff due to Furloughing needs so this might take longer than normal to complete.