Derby Failing to Pay Players on Time

DarkFruitsRam7

4 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

My concern from the report is that Mel is paying the players' wages this month but 'is reluctant to continue to do so in future months'.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12289363/Derby-takeover-mel-morris-to-pay-players-april-wages-amid-takeover-delays

Well I’d be bloomin reluctant to pay £1.2m for more months than I have to!

Once the EFL tick their box, it’s not his problem any more. 

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

Well I’d be bloomin reluctant to pay £1.2m for more months than I have to!

Once the EFL tick their box, it’s not his problem any more. 

Alonso is still waiting to hear whether he and all his associates have passed the owners and directors test, before he can gain the approval of the EFL to complete his takeover.

10 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

My concern from the report is that Mel is paying the players' wages this month but 'is reluctant to continue to do so in future months'.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12289363/Derby-takeover-mel-morris-to-pay-players-april-wages-amid-takeover-delays

He can be as reluctant as he wants. Whilst he owns the clubs its his problem. 

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Alonso is still waiting to hear whether he and all his associates have passed the owners and directors test, before he can gain the approval of the EFL to complete his takeover.

How long does it take and what’s the test?

Do they have some sort of a role play where Big Sam asks for a back hander?

38 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He can be as reluctant as he wants. Whilst he owns the clubs its his problem. 

It struck me as an odd way of putting it in the report. If Mel is reluctant to pay further wages after this month but the sale doesn't go through, what are his options then..?

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Hard to belive it's that low, even when assuming the wages of those out on loan aren't included. Maybe it's excluding players on loan with us such as Clarke, Gregory,etc..?

If true, it would surely put us in the bottom 6 for wage bill (Rotherham, Coventry, Wycombe, Luton, and maybe Preston)

I can’t believe that we are not subsidising the wages of Malone and jafoozon  

15 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

It struck me as an odd way of putting it in the report. If Mel is reluctant to pay further wages after this month but the sale doesn't go through, what are his options then..?

Pay the wages. 

I’m reluctant to go & have the bath night fight with my daughter in 5 minutes but I’m gonna have to do it. 

And then have another battle to get her out of it. 

He hasn’t said he's not going to pay wages after this month, just that he would rather not have to. Perfectly reasonable IMO. 

5 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Eye watering wage bill for the productivity, talent and effort on show. Talk about Mel not getting much for his money.

Anyone know the % of the 1.2 Mill that relates to player wages ? 

It was £40,000,000 three years ago. 

We’ve reduced the wage bill by 64% since then. 

7 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Agree 100%.  He decided to buy the club and until he sells, it's his responsibility to pay the players.....regardless of being reluctant or not to pay the wages in the future.

Is it though? 

What happens if a business can't afford to pay its staff? The owner doesn't have to pay them from his own pocket. He can declare insolvency, can't he? 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Is it though? 

What happens if a business can't afford to pay its staff? The owner doesn't have to pay them from his own pocket. He can declare insolvency, can't he? 

This is exactly my concern too. Not sure whether this is joining the dots or 2+2=5 but this latest report in the context of the recent Collymore tweet that "we could go" and the subsequent Natalie Jackson report that staff at the club were "scared to death of what would happen next" is at the very least consistent with the possibility that Mel might feel he has no alternative but to put us into adminstration if the takeover doesn't go through before the wage bill after this one is due. I know he's said he'd continue to bankroll the club but as Sky Sports story indicates, given that he's clearly desperate to get out he isn't going to want to have to keep doing that on an indefinite basis.

The more optimistic reading is that this may be just be shot across the bows of the EFL to move things along or else...

2 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

This is exactly my concern too. Not sure whether this is joining the dots or 2+2=5 but this latest report in the context of the recent Collymore tweet that "we could go" and the subsequent Natalie Jackson report that staff at the club were "scared to death of what would happen next" is at the very least consistent with the possibility that Mel might feel he has no alternative but to put us into adminstration if the takeover doesn't go through before the wage bill after this one is due. I know he's said he'd continue to bankroll the club but as Sky Sports story indicates, given that he's clearly desperate to get out he isn't going to want to have to keep doing that on an indefinite basis.

The more optimistic reading is that this may be just be shot across the bows of the EFL to move things along or else...

Collymore wasn't tweeting about going into administration though, he was being extreme and suggesting no-one would buy us out of administration which is a totally different scenario and so unlikely to happen. Which is why he deleted his tweet imho.