Derby Failing to Pay Players on Time

DarkFruitsRam7

5 minutes ago, Coneheadjohn said:

I know we’ve been cost cutting but that would indicate we’ve cut our wage bill by 2/3 rds?

The 17/18 total wage bill was just under £47m. But that will include all off-field staff, the academy, players out on loan, etc...

I can only assume this £1.2m figure is purely for players on professional contracts and excludes all players on loan with us and out at other clubs.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

The 17/18 total wage bill was just under £47m. But that will include all off-field staff, the academy, players out on loan, etc...

I can only assume this £1.2m figure is purely for players on professional contracts and excludes all players on loan with us and out at other clubs.

Surely it must include the players on loan to us as wouldn't we be paying their wages, at least a % of them anyway?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

... is not something that will happen this month.

Huge story!

I can remember the bloke on the Ramswriter podcast saying that he thought our wages were £7m a month at one point during January when our players were unpaid. What a clown 

1 hour ago, Coneheadjohn said:

1.2 million a month!

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Hard to belive it's that low, even when assuming the wages of those out on loan aren't included. Maybe it's excluding players on loan with us such as Clarke, Gregory,etc..?

If true, it would surely put us in the bottom 6 for wage bill (Rotherham, Coventry, Wycombe, Luton, and maybe Preston)

Maybe that's just Ravenelli's pay.

32 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Depends on how the loan deals are set up. It may have been all paid upfront. Maybe Mengi and Baningime aren't even costing us a penny?

If that is the case then same could apply to our outgoing loans so either way it's going to include either loans in/out

2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

£1.2m monthly wage bill gives an average wage of around £11k-£12k. 

Now give Cocu the stick for footballing side of things, but he certainly did well bringing the wage bill down, whether it was enforced or not.

I dont think Cocu deserves any credit for bringing the wage bill down does he? We just sold everything that wasn't nailed down whether he liked it or not and for most of the time Cocu was here we were under transfer embargos so he couldnt bring in replacements