The protest

Rammy03

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don’t think the group should protest to be honest as it could  exacerbate the situation .

In what way could fans protesting about the way their club has been run make the current situation worse?

13 minutes ago, David said:

This needs to start with reviewing parachute payments and the unfair advantage it gives those relegated clubs, we saw the back lash from the ESL proposals on the closed shop but that's what the Premier League would become if owners were not willing to shed millions on trying to get promoted

Yep and this year's promotions of Norwich, Watford and probably Bournemouth one year after being relegated only goes to show this.

Will anything be done? Nope.

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Everything that needs to be said about what is wrong with football club ownership is contained in that quote.

Just stick a bag over your head and wait for the end. Stop moaning, anyone would think it's the fans that ultimately (via tv, match tickets, merchandising, betting, etc) finance the game! ?

But the fans don't finance enough of the game.... TV is nothing to do with the minority of us that get sky for Derby games..... TV revenue and merchandise from overseas is king now..... 

Yes, tickets etc help but are a long way from being the defining factor in a clubs finances nowadays...

Im not saying stick a bag over your head and I don't like that we are a commodity.... What I'm saying is that unless these fans can actually do something about he financial situation, knowing we are in the poo is pointless.... 

What is the aim here? Get Mel to sell the club, well he's doing that but we don't like who's he selling it to so we're going to moan about that instead, I'm sure he's tried to find someone who is without reproach but in big business it's virtually impossible.... Don't forget he's been trying to move the club on or get investment for over 2 years it's not really surprising he's now had enough... 

Especially with these types of protest planned against him despite the hundreds of millions he's put in.... Id think sod the ungrateful lot of ya... I'f he hadn't put that money in where would we be....

Football ownership and pleasing fans is impossible.... Lionel Pickering bless him put all his money in and died a relatively poor man despite overseeing the best football since the 70s, getting us promoted but still fans called for his head and we're glad when he left.... It's unbelievable really.... 

I'm not happy that the club seems to be struggling again on field, I'm not happy that off field seems dire, but I can't fix it, and me moaning at those that have tried to run the club and put a substantial amount of thier own money in isn't gonna change it either when that person is publicly looking to sell to someone who 'might' have the ability to take it on.

There's a reason we are called supporters.... Not detractors, debilitators or vigilantes.... And until we adopt the German model and become 51 percent fan owned it's not gonna change 

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Yep and this year's promotions of Norwich, Watford and probably Bournemouth one year after being relegated only goes to show this.

Will anything be done? Nope.

Sure I read somewhere this even saves the Premier League a whole lot of money as they are bouncing straight back. Where’s that money going? 

Bunch of pay rises probably.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Sure I read somewhere this even saves the Premier League a whole lot of money as they are bouncing straight back. Where’s that money going? 

I've never really considered that but yeah I suppose if they go back up the second season parachute payments aren't paid..... Perhaps they should put it into a pot and divide it up for all the League clubs....

Nah, why keep football at a lower level going, you're sadly spot on, no doubt a bunch a pay rises...

7 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

I've never really considered that but yeah I suppose if they go back up the second season parachute payments aren't paid..... Perhaps they should put it into a pot and divide it up for all the League clubs....

Nah, why keep football at a lower level going, you're sadly spot on, no doubt a bunch a pay rises...

Quick Google and :

Leicester City are set to receive a cash boost from the £83 million the Premier League are going to save on parachute payments. 

Because Norwich City and Watford have been promoted at the first time of asking, the top flight will save on payments it would have to make to the pair after relegation last season. 

That figure, report the Mirror via football finance expert Kieran Maguire, is set to be around £83m and it could even grow if AFC Bournemouth make it a full set by promotion through the play-offs.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-premier-league-parachute-5345215

Leeds also rubbing their hands and a possible £4m - £5m slice of the cash.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-news-premier-league-20465276

So basically split between the rich to get richer. 

We have had some people drop information that would indicate the financial future of the club is far from certain. We also know that our prospective new owner is a HUGE unknown - most takeovers are, but this is another level completely as it's difficult to see how a 29-year-old with a boxing history and relatively small time promotions is suddenly in a position to drop £50m on a Championship club in a risk of relegation. I would say I'm currently at a 10% comfort rating with that takeover going through and I was 30% with the fake Sheikh. 

I know some people will state 'unsubstantiated rumours' but even with copious amount of blind faith I find it difficult how you wouldn't be concerned about the current situation of the club. I don't think we will ever go bust, realistically, but we are in a precarious position whereby we could see our club ruined and destitute, damned to the lower echelons of the Football League for the next decade.

It's startling that we have an actual fan running the show at the moment, because this is the exact situation I thought we wouldn't find ourselves owned by a fan. The irony isn't lost on me. 

19 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

But the fans don't finance enough of the game...

Who finances the rest then? Big business with advertising (aimed at fans), rich owners running up huge debts?

Edited by RoyMac5

27 minutes ago, Curtains said:

But what would it achieve !

The situation is as it is . 

How do you know that? What do you think the Big 6 et al thought about their ESL plans? If everyone had just thought, oh well it's done now...

Edited by RoyMac5

18 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah I read that it has saved the Premier League £100m (presumably, that's just with Norwich & Watford so could well be £150m).

The EFL will ask for the money. The Premier League will say "No, we've lost money this year due to the pandemic".

It's gross, that "bonus" £100m could mean £2.5m per Championship club + £1m per L1 club + £700k per L2 club, but no they'll just keep the £5m each to themselves.

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yeah I read that it has saved the Premier League £100m (presumably, that's just with Norwich & Watford so could well be £150m).

The EFL will ask for the money. The Premier League will say "No, we've lost money this year due to the pandemic".

It's gross, that "bonus" £100m could mean £2.5m per Championship club + £1m per L1 club + £700k per L2 club, but no they'll just keep the £5m each to themselves.

Sickening, them and the ESL cut from the same cloth. Oh yeah, there's a crossover of clubs! 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sickening, them and the ESL cut from the same cloth. Oh yeah, there's a crossover of clubs! 

Just shows the hypocrisy of the "other" 14 PL clubs when they were so up in arms about the proposed Super League, saying how the whole football pyramid should be cherished and protected... as soon as there's an absolute bonus amount appeared they all grab their £5m and scarper. Hypocrites the lot of 'em!

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

And this is what the protest should be about outside PL head offices. Fans from all Football League clubs.

All those ESL protests over they didn't want it being a closed shop, you can understand fans looking out for their own interests, but the media, are they blind as to what is happening outside of the PL?

Gary Neville is great, he's become the voice of the people, the saviour of football, maybe when Salford make it to the Championship it might start making the front pages. 

37 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Those three teams were probably among the least affected of any clubs by the pandemic in the country. They get there parachute payments, and get to keep there best players.

10 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Just shows the hypocrisy of the "other" 14 PL clubs when they were so up in arms about the proposed Super League, saying how the whole football pyramid should be cherished and protected... as soon as there's an absolute bonus amount appeared they all grab their £5m and scarper. Hypocrites the lot of 'em!

Exactly... 

Let's not pretend that ANY owner of an EFL club would do any different in the other position, though, especially after the losses felt by everyone. 

18 minutes ago, David said:

And this is what the protest should be about outside PL head offices. Fans from all Football League clubs.

All those ESL protests over they didn't want it being a closed shop, you can understand fans looking out for their own interests, but the media, are they blind as to what is happening outside of the PL?

Gary Neville is great, he's become the voice of the people, the saviour of football, maybe when Salford make it to the Championship it might start making the front pages. 

Great post. Fans of different clubs should be joining together. Be rivals on a match day, but we are all the same the rest of the time.

It would be great if Derby and Forest were battling it out to win the Prem rather than who finishes in the bottom half of the Championship. Along with Shef Weds, and until recently Leeds, these 4 big clubs have suffered badly through most of this century. None have gone completely bust yet, but both Leeds and ourselves have gone into Admin. This is where protests should focus.

3 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Protest........Sunday..........been there, done that, got the tank top.?

spacer.png

This pretty much sums up the level of supporter who would protest. 

Asking for 'Clough in and BORED out'   

Should that read board?  

Although the football at the moment is boaring I guess we would want the Bored out (That was deliberate)

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

I think it says after the final whistle on May 8th .

We need answers on the situation at Derby I would suggest but not sure a protest is the right way although protests against the ESL seemed to work. 

Yes it does say after the final whistle but this is if an ultimatum, demanded by the group, has not be adhered to by the club.

Who do they think they are?