The protest

Rammy03

The way I interpret this protest is that this lot just wants to let the owner and the board know the fans are entitled some kind of information and security if Collymore is full of bs as usually with his innuendo about our financial state. 

8 hours ago, SparxTheRam said:

Yeah, I can just see Mel and Stephen and Erik going.... Come on guys, I know that the government and the efl and the media are keen to know and can punish us if we don't tell them what's going off but stuff that, Baz from Belper wants answers and he's gonna be here in a minute.... Pearcey get all the accounts and bank statements ready!!! 

?

10 hours ago, Rev said:

You'd expect for such a prominent fans group that at least one would be member of the prominent Derby County forum, yet I've seen no-one stick their head above the parapet and claim membership on Popside, nevermind on here.

I'm Brian, and so is my wife!

12 hours ago, rustylee said:

All these different protests going on reminds of Monty Python and the people’s front of judea.

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think you meant the Judean People's Front?

By the way they go on you would think they are the 'popular front'

Not sure I get the hostility? The club is in a right mess both on and off the pitch that's clear. 

They have seen how fan power helped tank the Super League and so are attempting to get some answers. Seems reasonable enough if all a little half-baked. Doesn't seem like they have the political muscle or numbers to amount to anything other than a studenty moaning letter but everyone piling-on saying what a waste of time it is just undermines how little say that fans have. 

The responses seems more mean spirited than the original idea.  Or maybe I'm missing something?

Okay, you want constructive criticism. I object to anyone demanding information on my behalf without asking me first. They say they represent the fans. How many fans? 20,000? 2,000? 200? 20? 

The group was set up around three years ago to become a vocal stronghold of support (that was apparently going to carry on singing even when we were losing)  in the South Stand. That never happened but have they told people who 'signed up (which I think just entailed following them on Twitter) about the change of direction? It's a big jump from vocal support to organised protest.

Lastly, I think that bringing the fact that some of them working through the pandemic or being affected by it as a justification for demanding answers immediately is frankly ridiculous. Everyone has been affected by the pandemic, including our owner, as we all know. 

The whole thing just reminds me of Violet Elizabeth Bott!

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Okay, you want constructive criticism. I object to anyone demanding information on my behalf without asking me first. They say they represent the fans. How many fans? 20,000? 2,000? 200? 20? 

The group was set up around three years ago to become a vocal stronghold of support (that was apparently going to carry on singing even when we were losing)  in the South Stand. That never happened but have they told people who 'signed up (which I think just entailed following them on Twitter) about the change of direction? It's a big jump from vocal support to organised protest.

Lastly, I think that bringing the fact that some of them working through the pandemic or being affected by it as a justification for demanding answers immediately is frankly ridiculous. Everyone has been affected by the pandemic, including our owner, as we all know. 

I agree with you Angieram. If they had said, we the members of Rams Protest Group, or Ramstrust, or whoever they represent - and can show that their members have had an opportunity to vote, show or otherwise follow that view - I would have been fully behind them doing what they want. I might not agree with it, but they have the right to say whatever they think needs saying. They could even say they represent the views of fans who feel that not enough transparency has been shown - but not "we the fans". 

To say they represent the fans, suggesting all fans, just leaves them open to criticism.

24 minutes ago, angieram said:

Your last point is a very important one, which I think some have either forgotten or simply don’t care about.

Not one of us know his current condition whilst demanding he show his face and talk to the fans. 

Would also just like to add that I think it’s a dangerous game for the club to publicly come out to address rumours.

It’s something I have never agreed with be it transfers, managers, drones and to gather a protest off the back of it, I can’t get my head around, especially when the tweet was deleted.

I totally understand the members of that group maybe angry, frustrated, upset with the current situation the club finds itself it, I don’t think any fan, player, staff member or club official would be happy either, but I fail to see what this achieves.

I will also say that I don’t believe they were trying to speak on behalf of other supporters, was most likely just poorly written. 

For any kind of statement like this, I feel like it needs a list of names that sign off on it to add any weight, as you say, are Club 84 speaking on behalf of 20,000 or 20 fans, this is really important, especially if you are looking for the club to take notice.

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

I was initially really encouraged by the Club84 thing. I'm open to any initiative that attempts to create more of an atmosphere at games, to the point that I chose my new seat in the South Stand so I could be part of that crowd.

I shall now be looking to relocate.

23 minutes ago, David said:

Your last point is a very important one, which I think some have either forgotten or simply don’t care about.

Not one of us know his current condition whilst demanding he show his face and talk to the fans. 

It was encouraging to see Mel at the game on Saturday. It suggests he's not bedridden at least.

Doesn't mean he should pander to these people though.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Any protest needs to wait until the season is over.....

I think it says after the final whistle on May 8th .

We need answers on the situation at Derby I would suggest but not sure a protest is the right way although protests against the ESL seemed to work. 

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It was encouraging to see Mel at the game on Saturday. It suggests he's not bedridden at least.

Doesn't mean he should pander to these people though.

Didn’t see him myself, but if true that’s great news.

Agree with the pandering as well, I’m just confused by it all to be honest.

Not happy with how Mel has run the club, destroy a bed sheet to paint “Mel out”, erm, have I missed something or is he not actively trying to sell the club?

Oh but don’t sell to him, or him, great, so basically get out my club now but not so quick, here’s a list of billionaires we want you to sell to.

Finances? Empty your wallet, we want to see your bank statements and where are our accounts which are not currently under any kind of EFL investigation  appeal?

Or do we go for the “Boooo you’re rubbish players”, that would come as a surprise to them wouldn’t it? All I’ve heard post match from them is how great we are and what a great position in the table we are, I can’t believe how unaware they are that they haven’t been good enough.

You can sense my sarcasm can’t you? My apologies, let’s get the bed sheets out seriously demanding to know what Stan Collymore’s tweets mean now the 24 hour deadline has passed.

And Natalie Jackson dropping bombshells that staff of business are worried about their futures with revenues potentially cut. 

I’m sorry, really sorry, but I just don’t get it. Before or after game protests, make no sense to me at all.