Experience

DCFC27

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

Looking through the team we lack experience all over, no just the team and not just the manager but even the coaching staff. 
Next season, regardless of which league we are in, we need to go out and get some older heads on board.
I genuinely don’t rate Liam R as assistant coach, I think he talks well as a pundit but he doesn’t strike me as someone who could help inspire a team. 
Given isn’t exactly blessed with years of experience either.
We could have done with Rooney bringing in a coach alongside him that could help him in times like these. Some one like Eric Steele or someone that has been around coaching and first team managers for a long time. 

I do genuinely think that Rooney will make a decent manger if not with us somewhere else but I think he could have done with an older head to help him out this season on the training ground and around the team. 

We know the team needs an overhaul with a bit of experience to add to the youth talent we have. Crying out for a John Eustace type in the centre of midfield. 

I keep seeing Rosenoir singled out for criticism. From some people, more than Rooney gets. Don't hear any for Given or Walker.

Yet with little knowledge of who does what at Moor Farm and how good they are at it.

Weird that.

11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

They wouldn't inspire me either - But very little would these days

I wasn't inspired when we appointed Macca the first time around and that turned out great - So I'm less inclined to trust inspiration any more

We've thrown experiment after experiment after getting promoted and none of it has worked - It's boring but it might be worth a safe pair of hands to re-settle the side - Bring in an old hand with a young upstart as Assistant to learn the ropes and eventually take over

Cocu/Wazza ???

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Cocu/Wazza ???

A manager who's never played or managed in this country was a bit of an experiment...

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Experience costs a lot more money, and has no resale value. There is a reason we moved away from it, and I think we should stick that way. 

Depends what kind of experience you go for

I've always been an advocate of getting more of the cast-offs from 'top 6' academies - Players like Bielik who aren't breaking into the first team picture at the top end of the Prem but teams lower down aren't willing to take a risk on - But who are looking for regular first team football as they're in their 20s

It's not the same as an old player - But they have the experience of being in a top team around top players, many of them have a number of loan moves under their belt and have the confidence in themselves and their quality which has been instilled by making it through the academy of a top side

Our academy products have obvious talent but they don't have that same level of confidence and assurance - Plus they're a couple of years younger 

2 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Looking through the team we lack experience all over, no just the team and not just the manager but even the coaching staff. 
Next season, regardless of which league we are in, we need to go out and get some older heads on board.
I genuinely don’t rate Liam R as assistant coach, I think he talks well as a pundit but he doesn’t strike me as someone who could help inspire a team. 
We could have done with Rooney bringing in a coach alongside him that could help him in times like these. Some one like Eric Steele or someone that has been around coaching and first team managers for a long time. 

I do genuinely think that Rooney will make a decent manger if not with us somewhere else but I think he could have done with an older head to help him out this season on the training ground and around the team. 

We know the team needs an overhaul with a bit of experience to add to the youth talent we have. Crying out for a John Eustace type in the centre of midfield. 

Or a Steve McClaren you mean? 

We've missed KEOGH as captain  big time. 

Rooney as used so many different captains it shows his inexperience  , how can you make Knight captain at his age  pathetic choice .

Different 11 every match no set team or formation .

I would give it McLaren for these last  2 matches it might just save us.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep, Mac wouldn't have been quite so attacking without Simmo.

Mac did have a very good back room team with him, Eric Steele & Simmo all very good football guys and I get the feeling with Steele with his coaching pedigree really helped. 
I do feel if I was a young manager coming into my first job I’d have liked some experience around to help. 

5 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Mac did have a very good back room team with him, Eric Steele & Simmo all very good football guys and I get the feeling with Steele with his coaching pedigree really helped. 
I do feel if I was a young manager coming into my first job I’d have liked some experience around to help. 

Yeah experienced help, of his choice, needed. I feel Rooney has enough grasp of the 'theoretical' side of the job to need experienced help. I wonder how much closer the group are (as they get to know each other) to the 'committee' we started out with? Last game Rosenior scribbling stuff on his 'clipboard' and trying to 'convince' Rooney seemed to me to be a sign of this.

Edited by RoyMac5

54 minutes ago, sage said:

I keep seeing Rosenoir singled out for criticism. From some people, more than Rooney gets. Don't hear any for Given or Walker.

Yet with little knowledge of who does what at Moor Farm and how good they are at it.

Weird that.

That puzzles me too.

I'm just hoping it's nothing to do with the elephant in the room. I am sure that it isn't but.....what the flip is it based on?

3 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Why dont some rate liam R as an assistant when none of us know what he does day to day or if he is any good or not. Find it strange we call out our assistant for being rubbish 

Some see him as part of what Wazza has done I would think...

3 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

I agree with all of that apart from the Rooney bit,I genuinely think he's way out of his depth in every aspect of managing Derby, in this or any other division.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

That puzzles me too.

I'm just hoping it's nothing to do with the elephant in the room. I am sure that it isn't but.....what the flip is it based on?

54 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Agree. Its all just made up to suit an agenda.. 

Perhaps because some think it is clear that Rooney needs experienced support. Or an assistant manager that has aspects to them that Rooney doesn't currently have. Does Rosenior add extra or just more of the same?

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I agree with all of that apart from the Rooney bit,I genuinely think he's way out of his depth in every aspect of managing Derby, in this or any other division.

He wouldn’t be my first pick but I really don’t agree with cutting managers contracts short. Ultimately we have given him a two year contract give him the 2 years and then review. I think we were 7 points off safety when he took over and were now 4 points clear, if he keeps us up he deserves his chance.

1 minute ago, DCFC27 said:

He wouldn’t be my first pick but I really don’t agree with cutting managers contracts short. Ultimately we have given him a two year contract give him the 2 years and then review. I think we were 7 points off safety when he took over and were now 4 points clear, if he keeps us up he deserves his chance.

I don't think that being 4 points better off after 30 games is a particularly good thing to be honest mate or deserving of another season!!