Jump to content

Experience


DCFC27
 Share

Recommended Posts

Looking through the team we lack experience all over, no just the team and not just the manager but even the coaching staff. 
Next season, regardless of which league we are in, we need to go out and get some older heads on board.
I genuinely don’t rate Liam R as assistant coach, I think he talks well as a pundit but he doesn’t strike me as someone who could help inspire a team. 
Given isn’t exactly blessed with years of experience either.
We could have done with Rooney bringing in a coach alongside him that could help him in times like these. Some one like Eric Steele or someone that has been around coaching and first team managers for a long time. 

I do genuinely think that Rooney will make a decent manger if not with us somewhere else but I think he could have done with an older head to help him out this season on the training ground and around the team. 

We know the team needs an overhaul with a bit of experience to add to the youth talent we have. Crying out for a John Eustace type in the centre of midfield. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Looking through the team we lack experience all over, no just the team and not just the manager but even the coaching staff. 
Next season, regardless of which league we are in, we need to go out and get some older heads on board.
I genuinely don’t rate Liam R as assistant coach, I think he talks well as a pundit but he doesn’t strike me as someone who could help inspire a team. 
Given isn’t exactly blessed with years of experience either.
We could have done with Rooney bringing in a coach alongside him that could help him in times like these. Some one like Eric Steele or someone that has been around coaching and first team managers for a long time. 

I do genuinely think that Rooney will make a decent manger if not with us somewhere else but I think he could have done with an older head to help him out this season on the training ground and around the team. 

We know the team needs an overhaul with a bit of experience to add to the youth talent we have. Crying out for a John Eustace type in the centre of midfield. 

Get the impression Wazza wants to make the decisions himself....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Experience, by itself, just means you've done it before. Doesn't necessarily mean you're any good at it.

Alan Pardew and Mark Hughes have experience.

😉 Playing devil's advocate

To be fair, Alan Pardew............can’t dance 🤣🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've said this many times. Part of the problems we now face is down to the lack of good, experienced championship senior pros in the squad. We lack those characters in the dressing room. We got rid of the likes of Keogh, Johnson, Huddlestone, Bryson, Nugent, Martin over the last two years, in a short space of time and never replaced them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You mean an experienced player, maybe once world class, still thinks they got it at our level? Didn't we just try that with some bloke who came back from the States to play for us? In days gone by maybe - Dave Mackay, Paul McGrath, even Stanley Matthews playing till he was 50. But today it's so fast and intense that when you start to fall off it's a very steep decline. Any good team needs to be a blend of all three - young, old and peak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Experience, by itself, just means you've done it before. Doesn't necessarily mean you're any good at it.

Alan Pardew and Mark Hughes have experience.

😉 Playing devil's advocate

I'd take either of them

Pardew has taken West Ham and Palace to cup finals and got European football for Newcastle - Which isn't dreadful - Plus he's won a couple of promotions in his time so knows how to deliver that (which we could do with whatever league we're in)

Hughes may not have been overly impressive there but I liked his Stoke side - May have been just a reaction to them not playing Pulis-ball any more - But still liked the intent - And he did okay in his early years at Blackburn and City

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'd take either of them

Pardew has taken West Ham and Palace to cup finals and got European football for Newcastle - Which isn't dreadful - Plus he's won a couple of promotions in his time so knows how to deliver that (which we could do with whatever league we're in)

Hughes may not have been overly impressive there but I liked his Stoke side - May have been just a reaction to them not playing Pulis-ball any more - But still liked the intent - And he did okay in his early years at Blackburn and City

As much as I seek a change of Manager, neither of those would inspire me.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get Arthur Cox back. He’s got loads of experience. #Legend.🤣.

Seriously though. It’s all about the blend/mix both on and off the pitch.

Dont think we need too many more veterans in the team for next season. Maybe one (centre half) or two max, but experience in the 25-30 bracket in centre forward dept also needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are a raft of experienced players out of contract in the summer this year.

Nathan Baker

Britt Assombalonga 

Barry Bannan

James Collins

Tom Lees

Adam Reach

Sonny Bradley

No saying of they are that good or even if we can afford them but there is plenty there.

No one is coming anytime soon though. Best wheel Davies into changing room or hope CKR can do something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kinder said:

We’ve really missed Curtis since he got injured. He’d walk back into this team and is a proper leader.

Can you see Curtis playing for us again, after another major injury? I can’t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well at least they’ve all had a bit of practice at managing and coaching. It might help them in their next job. To the detriment of this club though. Mel has made some shocking managerial decisions in his time. Not due to the fact that they have not worked out as hindsight is easy to use. But when we have been near the top of the league he sacks Clement, putting wassall in charge, Rooney when we were rock bottom, Lampard wasn’t a risk as we had an aging squad and he started the season. Just unbelievable this all is. It’s embarrassing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can you see Curtis playing for us again, after another major injury? I can’t.

No, I think he’ll do well to get back playing at any level. I think we’ve missed his experience this season though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Yes. Don’t you think he’d have been more reliable than Wisdom? He’d get his head on any balls into our box.

But he'd be incredibly exposed for his lack of pace etc like he was earlier on in the season...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

As much as I seek a change of Manager, neither of those would inspire me.....

They wouldn't inspire me either - But very little would these days

I wasn't inspired when we appointed Macca the first time around and that turned out great - So I'm less inclined to trust inspiration any more

We've thrown experiment after experiment after getting promoted and none of it has worked - It's boring but it might be worth a safe pair of hands to re-settle the side - Bring in an old hand with a young upstart as Assistant to learn the ropes and eventually take over

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

If Barry Bannan is out contract and we do stay up, I would definitely consider bringing him in. Someone who could actually create a chance and can pass the ball forward quickly.

Great player but is 31. Not sure the championship is somewhere for someone to put his foot on the ball anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.