No Derby county I will be heart broken

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I did not agree with it but I know it was attempting to keep people safe but people still got I'll with out going to grounds or gigs but I know a lot of you dont agree with me. You dont know if other people get new jobs that is not always the case.

Hi @B4ev6is, I know how much you miss going to matches but, hang in there my friend, it won't be long before you will be able to do that again.

I do not agree with much that this government does but lockdowns have been absolutely necessary. If anything, they should have started sooner. Football actually led the way and showed government that we needed to act.

The combination of lockdowns and vaccines are getting us out of the misery of this terrible disease.

You only have to look at India to see the havoc being wrought. And they were letting 70,000 into cricket matches not so long ago!!

So, B4, as much as going to the footy is important to you, you have to appreciate that there are a lot of folks on here who have suffered losses of loved ones. My own family lost someone very important. So, that's why we feel lockdowns, vaccines and any other measures are all important - to get rid of this disease.

But, yeah, we all look forward to getting back to football matches, going to the pub, seeing family and friends. So, keep the faith COYR ?

Edited to add one possibly overlooked point:

As much as we Rams fans are not too happy with the current plight of our club, as football supporters, I think we should be grateful to the football players of all clubs for continuing throughout this terrible time. I appreciate they are well looked after, tested regularly and so on. But, for me and many others I am sure, football on the TV has helped get me through this pandemic.

Edited by IslandExile

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Hi @B4ev6is, I know how much you miss going to matches but, hang in there my friend, it won't be long before you will be able to do that again.

I do not agree with much that this government does but lockdowns have been absolutely necessary. If anything, they should have started sooner. Football actually led the way and showed government that we needed to act.

The combination of lockdowns and vaccines are getting us out of the misery of this terrible disease.

You only have to look at India to see the havoc being wrought. And they were letting 70,000 into cricket matches not so long ago!!

So, B4, as much as going to the footy is important to you, you have to appreciate that there are a lot of folks on here who have suffered losses of loved ones. My own family lost someone very important. So, that's why we feel lockdowns, vaccines and any other measures are all important - to get rid of this disease.

But, yeah, we all look forward to getting back to football matches, going to the pub, seeing family and friends. So, keep the faith COYR ?

As much as we Rams fans are not too happy with the current plight of our club, as football supporters, I think we should be grateful to the football players of all clubs for continuing throughout this terrible time. I appreciate they are well looked after, tested regularly and so on. But, for me and many others I am sure, football on the TV has helped get me through this pandemic.

Great post but I have scarcely enjoyed any of the football I've watched during lockdown. 

I find VAR and Derby equally infuriating! 

38 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Great post but I have scarcely enjoyed any of the football I've watched during lockdown. 

I find VAR and Derby equally infuriating! 

I'm with you there.

It's not all VAR though. The current set of rules, especially around offside and handball, are plain nuts.

Typical example of governing bodies making unnecessary changes just for the sake of it, keeping themselves occupied, while actually making the game worse.

Sorry, got me started.... Rant over.

23 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I'm with you there.

It's not all VAR though. The current set of rules, especially around offside and handball, are plain nuts.

Typical example of governing bodies making unnecessary changes just for the sake of it, keeping themselves occupied, while actually making the game worse.

Sorry, got me started.... Rant over.

I'll join you in the ranting old gits section here. 

image.png.3dde8e0e82692f0402809899c6e78082.png

Foul play is supposed to be penalised where a clear infringement of the rules has occurred. 

How anyone makes a difference being 0.00003 mm offside is beyond me. 

Similarly, if the ball grazes someone's arm that doesn't make the slightest difference to what happens next in the game.

If someone moves their hands or arm towards the ball fair enough or if a forward takes a step beyond the last defender. Both can gain an unfair advantage. 

Commonsense has been replaced by technology. 

We now even have to wait for obvious offsides until a play sequence ends. We might as well have r2d2 as assistant linesperson. 

3 hours ago, IslandExile said:

At one point london clubs and up north towards that way were allowed fans that makes unfair and got to see there clubs play.

39 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

At one point london clubs and up north towards that way were allowed fans that makes unfair and got to see there clubs play.

I agree B4. The government sent out so many mixed messages that it was very confusing. I do not think that helped at all.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

I agree B4. The government sent out so many mixed messages that it was very confusing. I do not think that helped at all.

In which put those clubs in a better place money wise while Derby go sweet nrothing and I think we should be allowed open first this time.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I'll join you in the ranting old gits section here. 

image.png.3dde8e0e82692f0402809899c6e78082.png

Foul play is supposed to be penalised where a clear infringement of the rules has occurred. 

How anyone makes a difference being 0.00003 mm offside is beyond me. 

Similarly, if the ball grazes someone's arm that doesn't make the slightest difference to what happens next in the game.

If someone moves their hands or arm towards the ball fair enough or if a forward takes a step beyond the last defender. Both can gain an unfair advantage. 

Commonsense has been replaced by technology. 

We now even have to wait for obvious offsides until a play sequence ends. We might as well have r2d2 as assistant linesperson. 

Wrong thread but last one....

A real bugbear of mine is stopping a quick free kick......allows the team committing the file to regroup and reorganize their defence. It actually encourages those fouls intended to stop breakaways.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

In which put those clubs in a better place money wise while Derby go sweet nrothing and I think we should be allowed open first this time.

I know its frustrating but the extra money made from allowing a couple of thousand fans in for the very few games it was allowed would have made little difference to our finances.  When you get to the point you cant afford to pay players then a couple of games at 2000 fans is not going to rescue you.

1 minute ago, MrPlinkett said:

I know its frustrating but the extra money made from allowing a couple of thousand fans in for the very few games it was allowed would have made little difference to our finances.  When you get to the point you cant afford to pay players then a couple of games at 2000 fans is not going to rescue you.

It would help mate and go a long way into paying them and this goverment could cost us our team.

5 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Let me know if this is on another thread.

What happens if we go bust - or bankrupt - or whatever the correct term is?

Do we go into insolvency, write off our debts, get sold cheaply, get a points deduction, staff transferred, carry on as before?

We all go off and support another team...?

I am trying too but if we lose Derby county just like losing family member to me and trust me I had enough death in my life. Plus Derby been there since very very little and when got very little to look forward too you hold on even tighter.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I am trying too but if we lose Derby county just like losing family member to me and trust me I had enough death in my life. Plus Derby been there since very very little and when got very little to look forward too you hold on even tighter.

Dan, with fans like you, Derby County will NEVER die. You won’t lose them. Please don’t worry.