Best 11?!

RoyMac5

17 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Marshall

Byrne Edmundson Clarke Buchanan

Shinnie Bird

Jozwiak Sibley Lawrence

CKR

We agree on nearly everything football wise. 

But I can't agree withLawrence being in our best 11. He costs us far more than he offers. 

Others say his work rate is good. Have a look at yesterday's game. They were walking it down their right. No pressure, no closing down. He basically waits for them to come to him, and then ambles toward them and sticks a lazy leg out. 

The lack of intensity starts from the front, and the other 2 did their bit. But there was always an easy out ball to the RWB or RB. 

He's scored 2 recently, but since he's come back in the pressing from the fron has been dire. They don't go as a team.

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

But I can't agree withLawrence being in our best 11. He costs us far more than he offers. 

Others say his work rate is good. Have a look at yesterday's game. They were walking it down their right. No pressure, no closing down. He basically waits for them to come to him, and then ambles toward them and sticks a lazy leg out. 

The lack of intensity starts from the front, and the other 2 did their bit. But there was always an easy out ball to the RWB or RB. 

He's scored 2 recently, but since he's come back in the pressing from the fron has been dire. They don't go as a team.

We are rubbish with him and we are rubbish without him. We have no patterns of play with him and we have no patterns of play without him. We can’t defend with him and we can’t defend without him. 

The way I see it, if you are going to be poo either way you may as well have someone in the team who can get a goal out of nothing every so often. Good goal v Reading, good goal from good movement v Blackburn and versus Preston I only saw one occasion where anybody made a penetrative run off the ball, he was offside granted but was a really good finish. I’d rather take the rough with the smooth with Lawrence than have Jozwiak stand on the ball by accident every time he gets it or have Waghorn doing whatever it is Waghorn does. Knight filled in well on the left last season despite it not being his best role, but I have no idea what has happened to him this season (well, I do have some idea but there are multiple threads discussing our ‘manager’ already).

19 minutes ago, Norman said:

Can't really argue with that. I ummed and aahed about Lawrence and it was a toss up between him and Roberts. I have no further explanation. I don't rate any of them at the moment.

50 minutes ago, Norman said:

I don’t see how you can pick out individuals for criticism over the last few months as collectively we have been dire. Clarke hasn’t done too much wrong but as for the rest.....totally rudderless, lack any direction, devoid of confidence, energy or quality.....lacking any kind of leadership on or off the pitch. Unfair to focus just on Tom...

Roos 

Byrne. Wisdom.   Clarke. Buchanan 

Bird.     Shinnie 

Roberts.    Sibley.   Jozwiak 

Lawrence

Front four fluid and interchanging positions.

Edmundson for Wisdom if not fit.

Knight on for either of the midfielders if they fade.

Attack. Attack. Attack ? 

(And aim to play that, as a settled team, every game. How many are left? Oh lummee).

Edited by IslandExile

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

?

Watched Clarke the younger (Courtney) play for the 23s the other night, liked the look of him very much. 

Oh I see. But much to Chuck another youngster into the mix at this stage. 

FWIW

Roos

Byrne Edmonson Clarke Forsyth Buchanan

Bird Shinnie

Jozwiak Roberts

CKR

4 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

Oh I see. But much to Chuck another youngster into the mix at this stage. 

He looked promising (as lots of our youngsters have), had a bit about him and knew where to be, put in some good passes. As GoC knows I'm not a fan of Bird at all (he may develop).

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Roos 

Byrne. Wisdom.   Clarke. Buchanan 

Bird.     Shinnie 

Roberts.    Sibley.   Jozwiak 

Lawrence

Front four fluid and interchanging positions.

Edmundson for Wisdom if not fit.

Knight on for either of the midfielders if they fade.

Attack. Attack. Attack ? 

(And aim to play that, as a settled team, every game. How many are left? Oh lummee).

Interesting but don’t think our Wazza does offensive...