vs Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I guess I was just saying he’s no big loss, we have much bigger issues to worry about. Marriott if fit should walk into this side, unfortunately our thick manager and his squad of back room goons are too stupid to see it. 

No he's not - the Wendies wouldn't play him either, so their two managers wouldn't play him and are too thick? Lampard mostly wouldn't play him, Cocu either. I sense a pattern here. ?

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, it was being suggested that Jozwiak was making wrong decisions despite being well coached. I meant that players right through the team are making poor decisions,  are they all doing this despite being coached well? 

I think there are lots of inadequacies in the coaching, which are reflected in poor performances on the pitch and I don't subscribe to the idea that the players aren't any good.

Whitaker is just an example of that. Okay, he's a fringe player at Swansea but did you hear Steve Cooper talking about him after the game? No surprise he's making good progress there.

Whereas I see Knight, Sibley, Bird, Buchanan going backwards here. Breaks my heart.

Exactly what have they done to them. 

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

You're putting up a spirited defence but read this thread and you'll see not many people were sad to see him go. Interesting he wasn't good enough for us at the time "we need good strikers now". This was four months ago.

Fair point. I just object to, and challenged the phrase "the fans", thus tarring us all with the same brush, when it would have been more accurate to say "some fans"

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Not for one minute I’m saying he’s the answer but to let a striker for f his potential leave when we don’t have any was stupid. He’s a better player than CKR and Waghorn 

He’s never fit now days for a start and I do think some fans see him with Rose tinted glasses his 1st touch isn’t great and if you play him he needs another striker to play off as if he’s on his own up top the ball keeps coming back as his hold up play isn’t good enough. Then again our other strikers don’t seem to be able to do that either.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No he's not - the Wendies wouldn't play him either, so their two managers wouldn't play him and are too thick? Lampard mostly wouldn't play him, Cocu either. I sense a pattern here. ?

Would he have really done any less than Waghorn in the last 10 games?

Maybe done better. Also considering we already have him at the club. Could be a great player for us in league 1....already shown he can do that. If he can't score for us in that league...well you have to wonder if it is the player or just the bad management?

Just now, DerbyRam! said:

Would he have really done any less than Waghorn in the last 10 games?

Maybe done better. Also considering we already have him at the club. Could be a great player for us in league 1....already shown he can do that. If he can't score for us in that league...well you have to wonder if it is the player or just the bad management?

How many bad managers? ?

But anyway I believe he is injured, again?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep they’re all thick

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

How many bad managers? ?

But anyway I believe he is injured, again?

Ah fair enough. Really injuired...

We haven't had a good manager for quite some time!

Rooney as you can see. Cocu, well we all know about that and disagree.

Lampard I don't ever think was great - you take away Tomori, Wilson and Mount and he'll have struggled. 

Just now, DerbyRam! said:

Ah fair enough. Really injuired...

We haven't had a good manager for quite some time!

Rooney as you can see. Cocu, well we all know about that and disagree.

Lampard I don't ever think was great - you take away Tomori, Wilson and Mount and he'll have struggled. 

So which great manager 'got' Marriott, I think Mick McCarthy wasn't a fan!

1 hour ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Thanks for the relegation Morgan.

He’s probably saying thanks for letting me go, at least I have a chance here with this Manager

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Don’t have a problem with him celebrating his goal. Fans here treated him like dirt. Rooney humiliated him. We deserved it. 

Absolutely he does, point to prove.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I struggle to believe he is worse than Waghorn. ( 5 fkn million arrggh!!)   I’m guessing almost all managers wouldn’t play waggy.  If it was a choice between the two surely you would play Marriott?

2 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

I struggle to believe he is worse than Waghorn. ( 5 fkn million arrggh!!)   I’m guessing almost all managers wouldn’t play waggy.  If it was a choice between the two surely you would play Marriott?

Marriott has scored NO goals in 13 games for the Wendies. Waghorn is utter pants (3 in 28) I'd rather we'd stuck with playing neither of them.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's been injured pretty much the entire he's been here and has never been able to get up to his top speed. He only just came back from injury before he went to Wednesday, I don't know why they signed him, I imagine we were desperate for any sort of money and they were the only takers, we're probably paying most of his wage still. Even Marriott at 50% could still be useful in our squad currently, the problem is he won't fit into Wayne's hoofball so he'd be ineffective. With a player like Marriott you have to play football in a more sophisticated way to get the best out of him and our coaches aren't capable of that

Well I hope the team bus gets a puncture and a long delay ensues before they get going again, then something like a viscous fan packs up meaning another coach has to be sent to pick them up and they have the most miserable trip home they’ve ever had.

Spiteful ? Yeah, petty ? Yeah. I just want their evening to be as lousy as mine. 

As it stands we need a massive performance next week. One that I very much doubt we are capable of, 6 loses on the bounce with zero desire or fight. If Rooney or the players were capable of it why haven’t we seen it. For the past 2 games we were in positions to win games against opponents who had little to play for and somehow managed to throw it away. 

I currently feel very little affinity for the players I genuinely wouldn’t care if none of them were hear next season, manager and the club. The players show no desire for the shirt, the manager is way out his depth and a club that seems to be doing all it can to alienate the fans when they need them the most. 

It’s a sad state of affairs. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Marriott has scored NO goals in 13 games for the Wendies. Waghorn is utter pants (3 in 28) I'd rather we'd stuck with playing neither of them.

Of course, I may have entered the discussion late as usual, so I assumed they we being compared to who would’ve been more beneficial to our campaign.  Can’t be arsed to go back to read it all but if this was the case, I think a cardboard cutout of Marriott would’ve had my vote over Waghorn.

25 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Marriott apparently had a bad bout of covid and is struggling with the after effects according to my wendies supporting colleagues. 

If that’s true I hope he makes a full recovery but I thought he had a groin issue and then did his hamstring didn’t he get dropped from the squad for some incident early on in the season?