vs Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

1 minute ago, angieram said:

You're putting up a spirited defence but read this thread and you'll see not many people were sad to see him go. Interesting he wasn't good enough for us at the time "we need good strikers now". This was four months ago.

I think we need to put it into context a bit, yes he scored today against us (I think his 2nd goal since joining) but overall he was poor, his touch in the 1st half when clean through was exactly what we saw at Derby. Out of the youngsters breaking through I always thought he was one who wouldn’t make it at this level and maybe be a solid League1/2 professional. We sold him for cash we obviously needed, unfortunately then wasted it on poor loan signings. Good luck to him and well done for his goal, but the bigger question for me was letting Marriott go not selling MW. 

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

Surely eleven players every game can't be making the wrong decisions despite the coaching? 

What do you mean @angieram? You are probably the most objective poster on the forum so are you saying the problem is a coaching issue? Genuine question...

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think he got plenty of stick on here, too.

He did. I know it's unreasonable to expect everyone to be balanced or even fair in their evaluations but the thing I hate most about this forum is seeing academy prospects written off before they've even started. It's possible to evaluate players without the binary BS we see on here. The 'he's not even L1 standard' stuff we see based on 100 minutes game time is just so basic.

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I don’t know about anyone else on here... this lot have got me to the point where I don’t even like watching football in general. I’ve defo lost the love for the game. 

Chin up lad. It's grim right now but the club needs you diehard, lifelong fans right now. 

11 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Have no idea what Rooney has in his locker for next Saturday. 'Home truths dished out', bonding trip away for a few days, different formations & line ups. Nothing is working.

An hour gone & with a seemingly disinterested opposition, we looked set for an unlikely win and survival. Then a collapse in 5 mins serving to demonstrate the total lack of backbone running through this squad. Its one thing not being good enough but its even more insulting to get ahead & then keep chucking it away. The attitude of some in the team smacks of disinterest & confusion - an indication that a) many are leaving (or planning to leave) in the summer and not really invested anymore & b) a lack of faith in an clearly inadequate manager

Every fibre of my being doesn't want us to go down to League One. But I'm increasingly thinking we need the big reset. The thought of staying up by a whisker, Rooney staying and wasting money & talent in an extended limbo land horrifies me. We've got very little to build on & taking the emotion out of it, am starting to believe we need to regroup at a lower level of football. We are not good enough to remain at this level.

A lot of incoming half decent loans should make a difference if the takeover ever happens.

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I think we need to put it into context a bit, yes he scored today against us (I think his 2nd goal since joining) but overall he was poor, his touch in the 1st half when clean through was exactly what we saw at Derby. Out of the youngsters breaking through I always thought he was one who wouldn’t make it at this level and maybe be a solid League1/2 professional. We sold him for cash we obviously needed, unfortunately then wasted it on poor loan signings. Good luck to him and well done for his goal, but the bigger question for me was letting Marriott go not selling MW. 

Yep. Well the answer to the bigger question is Marriott couldn't get a game for the Wendies and now isn't fit? Whittaker was so poor that Fozzy mostly had the beating of him. ?

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

What do you mean @angieram? You are probably the most objective poster on the forum so are you saying the problem is a coaching issue? Genuine question...

He did. I know it's unreasonable to expect everyone to be balanced or even fair in their evaluations but the thing I hate most about this forum is seeing academy prospects written off before they've even started. It's possible to evaluate players without the binary BS we see on here. The 'he's not even L1 standard' stuff we see based on 100 minutes game time is just so basic.

Chin up lad. It's grim right now but the club needs you diehard, lifelong fans right now. 

Yes, it was being suggested that Jozwiak was making wrong decisions despite being well coached. I meant that players right through the team are making poor decisions,  are they all doing this despite being coached well? 

I think there are lots of inadequacies in the coaching, which are reflected in poor performances on the pitch and I don't subscribe to the idea that the players aren't any good.

Whitaker is just an example of that. Okay, he's a fringe player at Swansea but did you hear Steve Cooper talking about him after the game? No surprise he's making good progress there.

Whereas I see Knight, Sibley, Bird, Buchanan going backwards here. Breaks my heart.

what really annoys me,is that we are one of the worst teams in the worst league i can remember,thats how far we have regressed.if rooney and co stay,we will have another cocu situation come november/december,another manager with a squad assembled by a clueless bunch,and maybe once again the real problems,ie.rosenior and co get to stay on

37 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

The only consolation- and I'm not sure this is actually a good thing.

Survival is still relatively under our control.

Wycombe are unlikely to complete an 11 goal swing.

If we can actually beat Wednesday, that eliminates them and puts 6 points between us and Rotherham.

Then, it seems unlikely Rotherham are going to win both of their final games. Has to be a double win, or they are out.

Ultimately it's one huge game against Wednesday, win and we likely stay up. Anything else and we're down.

Relegation isn't really under control because Rotherham could win Tuesday. We lost control by losing today. Plus how likely is a Sheffield W win against Derby? At the moment, surely its more likely than not. 

21 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I thought a few weeks ago that we wouldn’t get another point this season. That isn’t me wanting to be proved right, it’s just had the feeling of inevitability. I’m absolutely sure we’ll lose next week. Haven’t felt this despondent, apart from the 11 point season.

Sadly my friend i think you are going to proven correct,next weekend is a Cup Final make no mistake and i just cant see us winning the game,it may end up we only need to draw but even that looks unlikely,today was a massive chance to put this to bed,we get our nose in front again and have a crazy 10 minutes again,it was a nothing game against a side that was as poor as us.

I am now resigned to thinking were going down 

Let’s not get overboard on Whittaker today. Other than the goal he did nothing. His performance was reminiscent of his poor Derby performances. To me he still looks like he doesn’t believe he belongs at this level. Until he rectifies that he will only ever me championship/league 1 level. If he does believe in himself he will rip up this division and play in the premier league because he has everything else. But I’ve not seen much change in him. Maybe next season will be his year .

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, it was being suggested that Jozwiak was making wrong decisions despite being well coached. I meant that players right through the team are making poor decisions,  are they all doing this despite being coached well? 

I think there are lots of inadequacies in the coaching, which are reflected in poor performances on the pitch and I don't subscribe to the idea that the players aren't any good.

Whitaker is just an example of that. Okay, he's a fringe player at Swansea but did you hear Steve Cooper talking about him after the game? No surprise he's making good progress there.

Whereas I see Knight, Sibley, Bird, Buchanan going backwards here. Breaks my heart.

Thanks @angieram, understood and agreed in full. 

24 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Have no idea what Rooney has in his locker for next Saturday. 'Home truths dished out', bonding trip away for a few days, different formations & line ups. Nothing is working.

An hour gone & with a seemingly disinterested opposition, we looked set for an unlikely win and survival. Then a collapse in 5 mins serving to demonstrate the total lack of backbone running through this squad. Its one thing not being good enough but its even more insulting to get ahead & then keep chucking it away. The attitude of some in the team smacks of disinterest & confusion - an indication that a) many are leaving (or planning to leave) in the summer and not really invested anymore & b) a lack of faith in an clearly inadequate manager

Every fibre of my being doesn't want us to go down to League One. But I'm increasingly thinking we need the big reset. The thought of staying up by a whisker, Rooney staying and wasting money & talent in an extended limbo land horrifies me. We've got very little to build on & taking the emotion out of it, am starting to believe we need to regroup at a lower level of football. We are not good enough to remain at this level.

This is exactly what I’m thinking now. I cannot face the thought of another season of this man and the coaching staff at the club - I want them all gone, cleared out so we can actually have someone in who knows what they are doing and start all over again.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep. Well the answer to the bigger question is Marriott couldn't get a game for the Wendies and now isn't fit? Whittaker was so poor that Fozzy mostly had the beating of him. ?

I guess I was just saying he’s no big loss, we have much bigger issues to worry about. Marriott if fit should walk into this side, unfortunately our thick manager and his squad of back room goons are too stupid to see it. 

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Let’s not get overboard on Whittaker today. Other than the goal he did nothing. His performance was reminiscent of his poor Derby performances. To me he still looks like he doesn’t believe he belongs at this level. Until he rectifies that he will only ever me championship/league 1 level. If he does believe in himself he will rip up this division and play in the premier league because he has everything else. But I’ve not seen much change in him. Maybe next season will be his year .

Agree he got a glance n the ball for the goal which Roos should have done better with apart from that he looked like light weight Forsyth physically had him in his pocket.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don’t think Marriott has even scored for Weds he’s a shadow of the player from 2 years ago and even then Lampard called him out a few times on effort in training.

Just now, TexasRam said:

I guess I was just saying he’s no big loss, we have much bigger issues to worry about. Marriott if fit should walk into this side, unfortunately our thick manager and his squad of back room goons are too stupid to see it. 

Marriott is not the answer ask any Weds fan.

Just now, derbydaz22 said:

Marriott is not the answer ask any Weds fan.

Not for one minute I’m saying he’s the answer but to let a striker for f his potential leave when we don’t have any was stupid. He’s a better player than CKR and Waghorn