vs Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

The only consolation- and I'm not sure this is actually a good thing.

Survival is still relatively under our control.

Wycombe are unlikely to complete an 11 goal swing.

If we can actually beat Wednesday, that eliminates them and puts 6 points between us and Rotherham.

Then, it seems unlikely Rotherham are going to win both of their final games. Has to be a double win, or they are out.

Ultimately it's one huge game against Wednesday, win and we likely stay up. Anything else and we're down.

Agree with this but feel the key point is the last one: lose and we definitely go down. I can't see us winning. I can very well see us losing. These players just don't seem to have either the quality or the desire. 

Edited by vonwright

Wow! Just wow! I think today we’ve hit a new low. For 63 mins it was a decent performance, everything was right. The intent was there in attack and defence, but then we’ve chucked the game away. Again. It’s not ability it’s mental fragility. I think today (today only) the blame is more on the Players. Our record when taking the lead until recent weeks is outstanding, think we’ve lost 3 games in about 5 years when scoring first, we’ve lost 3 in 2 weeks when scoring first.

The worst thing is today is it’s about as experienced a line up as we could put on the pitch and we didn’t have the mental toughness to see it through. Fozzy was horrendous today, Byrne wasn’t great either  apart from setting up Lawrence’s goal. Waghorn didn’t turn up.

The only positive is despite losing 6 in a row (I don’t think we’ve done that since the premier league season) we might still have a chance to survive by drawing next week.

It really is last chance saloon next week. Hopefully Rotherham don’t beat Luton and it’s in our hands going into the last game. 

We lose 7 in a row - we 100% deserve to be relegated.

But if we stay up, Rooney probably keeps his job and we have all the same problems next season. He needs to go whatever happens!!

19 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Agreed. I've been pretty vociferous in my criticism of the coaches recently and I stand by my observations, but at the same time, I'm bewildered by the litany of basic errors we've seen in the last few months. 

Exactly. So it's a shared responsibility. Poor coaching and poor execution.

4 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Agree with this but feel the key point is the last one: lose and we definitely go down. I can't see us winning. I can very well see us losing. These players just don't seem to have either the quality or the desire. 

the only consolation is that the ground will be empty and no photos of crying fans going worldwide after Rooney's Rams are relegated

23 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I turned off before then so don't know if he literally ran on to do it, but if I'm honest I would rather he was gutted and consoling his own team mates than rushing to congratulate an opponent. 

It was literally a second if that of a shake and walking on to the other players. Wasn’t a big deal stop and chat and laugh or anything. 

19 minutes ago, MickD said:

He would not be able to find his arse.

Lack of fans at PP has been a factor. Some players just do not do enough in the 90 minutes. Overall when I look at the squad I still think that we have enough talent to have stayed up easily. It appears to me that clubs with certainly cheaper squads have stayed up  Swansea have spent £2 million on players in two years including getting Whittaker from us. 

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes but a dozen posters makes it feel like a widespread view when it isn't necessarily so. What do they say, "an empty vessel"

You're putting up a spirited defence but read this thread and you'll see not many people were sad to see him go. Interesting he wasn't good enough for us at the time "we need good strikers now". This was four months ago.

Have no idea what Rooney has in his locker for next Saturday. 'Home truths dished out', bonding trip away for a few days, different formations & line ups. Nothing is working.

An hour gone & with a seemingly disinterested opposition, we looked set for an unlikely win and survival. Then a collapse in 5 mins serving to demonstrate the total lack of backbone running through this squad. Its one thing not being good enough but its even more insulting to get ahead & then keep chucking it away. The attitude of some in the team smacks of disinterest & confusion - an indication that a) many are leaving (or planning to leave) in the summer and not really invested anymore & b) a lack of faith in an clearly inadequate manager

Every fibre of my being doesn't want us to go down to League One. But I'm increasingly thinking we need the big reset. The thought of staying up by a whisker, Rooney staying and wasting money & talent in an extended limbo land horrifies me. We've got very little to build on & taking the emotion out of it, am starting to believe we need to regroup at a lower level of football. We are not good enough to remain at this level.

I thought a few weeks ago that we wouldn’t get another point this season. That isn’t me wanting to be proved right, it’s just had the feeling of inevitability. I’m absolutely sure we’ll lose next week. Haven’t felt this despondent, apart from the 11 point season.

2 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I thought a few weeks ago that we wouldn’t get another point this season. That isn’t me wanting to be proved right, it’s just had the feeling of inevitability. I’m absolutely sure we’ll lose next week. Haven’t felt this despondent, apart from the 11 point season.

At least in that season the misery ended early on and we didn’t have the hope and false dawns

10 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Lack of fans at PP has been a factor. Some players just do not do enough in the 90 minutes. Overall when I look at the squad I still think that we have enough talent to have stayed up easily. It appears to me that clubs with certainly cheaper squads have stayed up  Swansea have spent £2 million on players in two years including getting Whittaker from us. 

Massive factor.