vs Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Have you not been on here or twitter this season? Literally hammering him for things that happen because he’s 19 years old... 

I try to avoid such toxic places as twitter and you can't call it "the fans" just because of a few morons on social media.

3 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Backed Rooney for a long time, did excellently when he came in and stats really backed it up.

Post-Bielik injury we had an understandable rough patch but we’ve simply never recovered from that slump. I was still backing him as recently as the couple games after the international break where we played well.

But that support stops now, it’s pathetic. We deserve to go down and even if we do stay up Rooney should still go.

Ultimately, the blame for this does land at Mel’s feet. I can’t say enough about the investment from his own pocket into the facilities and the academy but the club as it is now is unrecognisable from the one he took over in a terrible way.

It says it all that when Mel took over, we’d just lost to QPR and it felt like a huge injustice, a crime against football. If we stay up next Saturday, we’ll be the villains. The undeserving, mismanaged rich club staying rich.

Somewhere in amongst all the scandals, sackings and shithousing we lost our soul and you can see that on the pitch. I don’t honestly look at the squad and think it’s poo, I think it’s just soulless.

I’m ready for a new start, I’ve felt detached from the club for a while now and I just want this season over so we can start again.

Spot on. Ultimate blame lies with the person who hired him. But either way, we can all surely see now that hiring Wayne Rooney in a season like this was the wrong decision. 

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Edited by Nuwtfly

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Me neither but, you never know. I don't think I'll be able to cope with next Saturday if Rotherham win mid week.

Wednesday beat us, they will stay up if Rotherham don't win both games. This team WILL lose to the Wendies, almost like the premier league team in terms of heads dropping, some of them are never up to drop from first whistle fliggin useless

These chancers-cum-footballers/managers/coaches should already be relegated. Wednesday in footballing terms at least should be coming to PP with 46 points to our 43 with a slightly better GD. We'd then need to be beating them to survive at best on GD. After today I can't even support them any longer as a group of players/staff for the shambles being served up weekly - I hope somehow we scrape over the line next week for the sake of the club itself, not to save the bacon of those responsible for putting us in this mess in the first place. Owner, manager, coaches and player...the lot all need their P45's served at 2:15pm next Saturday. 

I think Mel is probably rabbit-in-the-headlights himself now, typically never afraid to make a decision (and seemingly, with reflection, almost always made the wrong ones at critical junctures) but when he needs to put his notorious trigger finger into action, he bottles the one sacking he should have made. You really couldn't write it.

Edited by SillyBilly

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

How do you know the coaches aren't coaching him to do the right thing but he still makes the wrong decisions and plays poor balls?

I don't think there can be any doubt that the coaching staff have failed miserably but the players need to take some of the responsibility as well.  

Surely eleven players every game can't be making the wrong decisions despite the coaching? 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

How do you know the coaches aren't coaching him to do the right thing but he still makes the wrong decisions and plays poor balls?

I don't think there can be any doubt that the coaching staff have failed miserably but the players need to take some of the responsibility as well.  

Agreed. I've been pretty vociferous in my criticism of the coaches recently and I stand by my observations, but at the same time, I'm bewildered by the litany of basic errors we've seen in the last few months. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I try to avoid such toxic places as twitter and you can't call it "the fans" just because of a few morons on social media.

I was gutted when we sold him..he always looked a guaranteed late developing talent..it was criminal that we didn't just loan him out or even better give him a string of games..

20 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

No. They go through different tunnels during Covid. 

I turned off before then so don't know if he literally ran on to do it, but if I'm honest I would rather he was gutted and consoling his own team mates than rushing to congratulate an opponent. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s enough to make it significant and having watched us for 20odd years there’s a loud enough bunch at the stadium who’d be digging him out 

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I never listen to what managers say. It's all pointless.

Try it. Spend those few minutes doing something more worthwhile like scratching your arse or watching the lawn grow.

He would not be able to find his arse.