Will the Forum survive relegation if it happens!

Curtains

8 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Who cares? Its a forum, not the football club.

I care actually, there’s people on here I haven’t ruled out buying a pint for at some point. How would I go about arranging that if there was no forum ?

I mean I get what you mean by “it’s a forum”, ie, it’s not the most important thing going on in my life but it’s nice that it’s there. ?

2 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

I was thinking the following seasons which were shocking. Both times.

I think we can expect next season to be really tough in League 1, especially with the same 'manager'. If he persists in trying to 'match' the opposition, we'll sink like a stone.

Jack Marriott has some experience of that league. Perhaps we'll give him a game.

40 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Of course I think we will still stay up but will people stop posting as much in Div 3 

Or will the forum go bust if the Club pulls their share? ?

DCFC Fans is an unofficial fans forum. Derby County Football Club contributes towards covering the costs of operating this forum through the promotion of products or services provided by the Club or their preferred partners.

Why would you not want to go to go to a football match?

Even IF, Derby are in Division 1 next season, there will be plenty to talk about and the main point, which was brought up by the recent events of the breakaway European League, was that football is for the fans, the enjoyment of meeting family and friends, having a drink, sharing the banter. 

Football is a social event, particularly for the male population, and if your club is Derby County, Belper Town, or duckst, its YOUR CLUB to support, in good, bad or indifference.

Players and certainly managers will come and go, and in the 58 years that I've supported the Rams, home and away, I've seen the lot - promotions, relegations, near-bankruptcy, to the present day, and the past few weeks I've seen some pathetic displays of football played by Derby County, but I'll always support the Club because football gives me an enjoyment, an excitement, a love of the game, and many times despair, and however it turns out in the next two weeks, I'll be there, if Covid restrictions are lifted, at Pride Park for the start of the season.

I'm volunteering to take a 50% salary cut from the mod payments. @David will only be able to afford half the threads we have going, so we'll be culling some of the less witty posters. Less toilet roll threads, more polls (they're cheaper than normal posts). Twitter style character limits, anyone getting less than 2 likes per post minimum risks being released, or even worse relegated to the Burton Albion boards. We'll probably have to introduce emojis to replace common bits of text (so we will have to use the poo icon instead of writing "Rooney out" for example, it's more succinct.

@uttoxram75will be slipping biscuits in his pockets for in the mod room. Hobnobs will be out of our price range, lucky if we get broken custard creams covered in pocket lint.

Grim. 

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

Why would you not want to go to go to a football match?

Even IF, Derby are in Division 1 next season, there will be plenty to talk about and the main point, which was brought up by the recent events of the breakaway European League, was that football is for the fans, the enjoyment of meeting family and friends, having a drink, sharing the banter. 

Football is a social event, particularly for the male population, and if your club is Derby County, Belper Town, or duckst, its YOUR CLUB to support, in good, bad or indifference.

Players and certainly managers will come and go, and in the 58 years that I've supported the Rams, home and away, I've seen the lot - promotions, relegations, near-bankruptcy, to the present day, and the past few weeks I've seen some pathetic displays of football played by Derby County, but I'll always support the Club because football gives me an enjoyment, an excitement, a love of the game, and many times despair, and however it turns out in the next two weeks, I'll be there, if Covid restrictions are lifted, at Pride Park for the start of the season.

No mention of league titles?

1 hour ago, Malagaram said:

Imagine if we go down,will Rooney get the sack,oh and can we get rid of  the title "Wayne Rooneys DCFC Fans",I am not a fan of Wayne Rooney,I am a fan of DCFC !

I know it’s an ironic hangover from the Lampard era, but that title sums up everything that is wrong with club!