The Rotherham Appreciation Thread

Kamikaze

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I had some sympathy for them based on the fixture pile up and also the spirit their players have shown this season. Then the gaffe has to have a backhanded swipe at us to deflect from the fact that ultimately they just weren't good enough. I guess in his 'disappointment' he's forgotten that other teams had play games with half their squad isolating to play youth sides against seniors on Cup games? I guess he's also forgotten that the FFP charge was heard, arbitrated upon and that we were exonerated of any wrongdoing. Or maybe he's just a twit...

So, a final analysis would be that they a spirited team with snide manager and classless gobshites for directors. Good bye and good riddance.

Duck 'em!!  Their fixture pile up was completely their own doing.  THREE separate covid outbreaks???  One could reasonably be expected, especially at the start of the pandemic, but three??!?!?!  If someone were to point out to me that all the Rotherham players and staff live in & train the same 2 bedroom terrace house, that's smack bang in the middle of Rotherham city hospital grounds, next to the ICU I'll cut them some slack.  But if not there's no other excuse.

With both Sheffield clubs and Rotherham being relegated, the misery levels in Yorkshire are retuning to a sustainable and stable level. Sith lord Boycott will lay dormant for another year and his hoards of imperial whippets will not spread terror along the borders with more civilised counties nearby.

And for that, we should show our appreciation to Rotherham. They were miserable and crap when peace throughout the galaxey hung in the balance.

On 10/05/2021 at 00:03, Ambitious said:

It seems one of the more popular hypothesis knocking about is that Warne believes we're due a point deduction hence why he's disappointed because they would've had a 12 (or whatever) point head start on us in League One. 

It seems viable with the stories coming out today from Nixon, but I didn't think we would be subject to a point deduction because of the amortisation. I don't know. It's pretty ironic that almost every single player that we bought during this spending spree has pretty much gone and it's left to 18-20 year olds trying to make their way in the game to pick up the pieces. 

I'm not sure if a few other clubs are going to be subject to any punishment. Stoke lost £87m this season. Reading lost £45m. Forest announced losses of £32m in their latest accounts, possibly will be more from the latest season. 

It wouldn't be surprised to see half the league on negative points once the season starts. 

Of the clubs to have submitted their 19/20 accounts, only Reading would be due a points deduction. Stoke and Forest will be close, but still within limits.

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Of the clubs to have submitted their 19/20 accounts, only Reading would be due a points deduction. Stoke and Forest will be close, but still within limits.

I meant going into 21/22 season now. Stoke lost £87m this last year(?) which along with their other losses puts them at well over £100m in the red in the last three or four years. Forest haven’t announced their latest accounts but I’d imagine it will be £40m losses upwards, so they would be due one in 21/22.

I’d assume it’s only us and Reading for this season, but it would help not being the only one. Albeit Reading are a much more capable side than us.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I meant going into 21/22 season now. Stoke lost £87m this last year(?) which along with their other losses puts them at well over £100m in the red in the last three or four years. Forest haven’t announced their latest accounts but I’d imagine it will be £40m losses upwards, so they would be due one in 21/22.

I’d assume it’s only us and Reading for this season, but it would help not being the only one. Albeit Reading are a much more capable side than us.

Minus exclusions, minus Covid costs...

Forest announced £16m losses for 19/20 iirc

In order of how likely clubs are to fail: Reading, Stoke, Derby, Cardiff, Forest