If you could summon up a past Rams player at peak form to help us out right now -  who would you pick?

WhiteHorseRam

10 hours ago, jono said:

Charlie George, Fannie Lee and if we could have had him in his prime .. Kinky .. he was outrageously good even in a poor City side

oh .. and to get some goals .. Mr Bloomer 

Fannie Lee ? Do you mean Franny Lee?

Honestly, I try and make this thread all nice for people and then @jono comes along with his one track mind, disgraceful. ?

Yes - God do we need some goals.

6 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Fannie Lee ? Do you mean Franny Lee?

Honestly, I try and make this thread all nice for people and then @jono comes along with his one track mind, disgraceful. ?

Yes - God do we need some goals.

Does this mean I am going to be cancelled ? ? Thank heavens Striker, No 9 and Goal scorer are all gender neutral 

Two ways to look at this. Just looking straight at the playing deficiencies, we need a top quality striker. Steve Bloomer or Kevin Hector would obviously be real quality, but I think we'd need someone with a bit more physical presence, so Charlie George.

Personally, I reckon this squad is better than its performances suggest, so I think we are more in need of a leader than a striker. I couldn't split Igor or Dave Makay for that.

But maybe in our position we need both, so a striker that can lead...and throw the odd punch. Got to be Frannie Lee.

Edited by CornwallRam

I've only followed the rams since I became interested in football in 1996 (Euro 96) so my experience of watching some of the names before then is not there, still we've had some wonderful players since then. This might surprise a few but Inigo Idiakez was the best set piece taker I can remember us having while I've been a Rams fan and he scored plenty of goals out of nothing. I'm not sure about his work rate for the current side but he'd definitely offer us a bit more going forwards and from set pieces. I'm surprised he had nearly a 1 in 4 record for us from nearly 90 games, makes me feel just a little bit sorry I laughed pretty hard when he missed the deciding penalty against us for the Saints now. 

Reading this thread, every single name mentioned would improve us significantly. There are probably hundreds of past players that could improve this side. Even the 'football geniuses' Darryl Powell and Jake Buxton would be superstars in this side.

I reckon a far more interesting question is, which 1st team regulars from the past wouldn't improve this team? 

Maybe Mick Coop? Any others?

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Reading this thread, every single name mentioned would improve us significantly. There are probably hundreds of past players that could improve this side. Even the 'football geniuses' Darryl Powell and Jake Buxton would be superstars in this side.

I reckon a far more interesting question is, which 1st team regulars from the past wouldn't improve this team? 

Barry Powell, Paul Emerson and Alan Ramage who was better at Cricket than he was at football lol. 

I’d go for something a bit more practical and a player who would drive us on with a bit of championship know how and leadership so it’s either 

Matt Oakley or John Eustace for me as they were players who’d you could tell hated losing. 

Players I’d selfishly like to see play again
Leon Osman, Bobby Davidson, Paul Goddard (by god how we could do with his craft right now), John Gregory, Eranio, Will Hughes & Mason Mount. 

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Barry Powell, Paul Emerson and Alan Ramage who was better at Cricket than he was at football lol. 

I'm guessing you mean Paul Emson. I actually think he'd improve this side. His pace and determination to get to the bye line would at least keep the ball moving in the right direction. OK, he'd fall over the ball more often than not before getting the cross in, but at least the ball would be near their corner flag and give us a chance at winning back possession somewhere dangerous.

33 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm guessing you mean Paul Emson. I actually think he'd improve this side. His pace and determination to get to the bye line would at least keep the ball moving in the right direction. OK, he'd fall over the ball more often than not before getting the cross in, but at least the ball would be near their corner flag and give us a chance at winning back possession somewhere dangerous.

Depressing ain't it to think that Paul Emson might actually improve this side ?

18 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Mikkel Beck