Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

Did think the Killers were oddly poor on Independence Day, even with Dave Keuning back and playing brilliantly. The O2 was very quiet, and Brandon struggled to get a reaction. Plus it's such a killjoy venue - you have to use our rubbish app; you must never step over the line of where you're allowed to stand; and if you dare put your drink down in the corner where nobody will go, we will throw it away. 

Heaven forbid anyone should have a bit of gig fun. Me and Mrs Sagan were right at the front, but we couldn't really be bothered with it and left early.

Went to see Ty Segal last week. Sounded great, even if it went a bit jam heavy towards the end. My Lady's on Fire was a great encore though.

Then saw Richard Ashcroft in Coventry on Friday after some Primitives support. He sounded and looked great. Played about 6 or 7 Verve classics, plus 3 or so of his own that were also brilliant. Really lovely chatting to the crowd and seemed really happy to be there. Was amazing for a pretty much free gig.

Went to see Elbow in May, with support from The Waeve - featuring a certain famous Ram, Graham Coxon.

I don't have the words for how much I love Elbow - Guy Garvey is such a heartfelt, genuine character which shines through in both the music, and the performance. One Day Like This has a special place in my heart, warms the soul, and along with Mirrorball, you just feel like one with the crowd in the singalong. 

Would heartily recommend them to anyone.

On 08/07/2024 at 23:19, Carl Sagan said:

Did think the Killers were oddly poor on Independence Day, even with Dave Keuning back and playing brilliantly. The O2 was very quiet, and Brandon struggled to get a reaction. Plus it's such a killjoy venue - you have to use our rubbish app; you must never step over the line of where you're allowed to stand; and if you dare put your drink down in the corner where nobody will go, we will throw it away. 

Heaven forbid anyone should have a bit of gig fun. Me and Mrs Sagan were right at the front, but we couldn't really be bothered with it and left early.

On 08/07/2024 at 13:35, Premier ram said:

Were they good

Yes really good, if Johnny and George were nervous about playing a hometown gig with so many family, friends and members of former bands in the crowd it certainly didn’t show.

It was Gaslight Anthem at Rock City last night for me,  they were excellent. Much better than when I previously saw them in London which must have been around 2013 or 14. 

The guy at the mixing desk had a screen with the footy on and so when goals went in there was a ripple effect from the back or the crowd to let everyone know what was happening! Loved it 

6 hours ago, NottsRam said:

Got tickets for Madness/Lightning Seeds/Rick Astley at Markeaton on Sunday before i realised it was Euro finals day 😩

They’ve changed the schedule for it now mate it’s all before the footy starts.

IMG_1588.jpeg

3 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

B4 had tickets to a pantomime before he passed away. We got a refund so courtesy of B4,  I’m seeing Tom Jones tonight. Had a dance to The Selector and Gabrielle is on next. Thanks Dan, thinking of you with a smile on my face and a drink or two in hand 💖

IMG_6157.jpeg

Hope you have a great night. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Kids in Glass Houses a week ago, in a tiny venue in Exeter. Saw them as a drunk 18/19 year old way back when at a festival in Birmingham(Give it a name for anyone who has similar taste)

Now, having seen them as a sober 35 year old accompanied by my wife I can only say the best certainly was yet to come. They were superb, and the bar sold latte's 

I'm thinking of going to see Springsteen at Wembley on Saturday. Anyone been to gig there and sat with the side view? If so, do you think that middle tier would be better that higher up?

Edited by ariotofmyown

34 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'm thinking of going to see Springsteen at Wembley on Saturday. Anyone been to gig there and sat with the side view? If so, do you think that middle tier would be better that higher up?

I've gone for it. Pics online of people in same block look pretty decent. Always wanted to see Springsteen too.

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I've gone for it. Pics online of people in same block look pretty decent. Always wanted to see Springsteen too.

Always remember that photos can never really mimic real-life depth perception and usually things look smaller / further away when viewed through a lens than with your eyes.

Well, at least that seems to be the case for me, and that's speaking as someone who needs double thinning on his glasses lenses to not look lile hws wearing milk bottles.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

On 25/07/2024 at 12:21, ariotofmyown said:

I went last night , was high up side view . Great gig , sound fab but wished I was lower down or even standing.