POLL: “Survival” is it success or failure?

Mostyn6

POLL: Would survival be seen as success or failure?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I'm more looking forward to 21/22 with Rooney in charge than I was 20/21 with Cocu in charge, providing we stay up that is. Maybe because there might genuinely be a rebuild and we can judge Rooney with a proper team.

Based on the Alonso takeover?

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

So, in my original post, I drew comparisons to Nigel Clough, who was credited as successful for keeping a team up that wasn’t in the bottom three, yet Rooney wouldn’t be afforded the same barometer if he took team from rock bottom to safety? ??‍♂️

Funnily enough Nigel Clough popped into my mind when you were discussing the binary choice of success or failure - in terms of his job here (including 08/09), I'd very much describe it as a 'qualified success'

Re Rooney, we were 2 points from safety when Cocu left - not exactly adrift & only 11 games had been played, less than a quarter of the season. Clough took over in January in 2008/09 after 26 games had been played (just over half a season);

image.png.80e813a6863b9b548f046ba58349d216.png

Edited by LeedsCityRam

6 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Funnily enough Nigel Clough popped into my mind when you were discussing the binary choice of success or failure - in terms of his job here (including 08/09), I'd very much describe it as a 'qualified success'

Re Rooney, we were 2 points from safety when Cocu left - not exactly adrift & only 11 games had been played, less than a quarter of the season. Clough took over in January in 2008/09 after 26 games had been played (just over half a season);

image.png.80e813a6863b9b548f046ba58349d216.png

When you look at that compared to now.

10 point swing over Rotherham but it could only be 4.

4 points on Wednesday.

7 points on Wycombe.

Coventry have gained 6 on us.

Forest have gained 2.

All that across 32 games. Sounds bleak if you think at best we could gain 1 point on Coventry. Sounds ace if you think we could have(at best) a 19 point gain on Rotherham.

1 hour ago, BondJovi said:

When you look at that compared to now.

10 point swing over Rotherham but it could only be 4.

4 points on Wednesday.

7 points on Wycombe.

Coventry have gained 6 on us.

Forest have gained 2.

All that across 32 games. Sounds bleak if you think at best we could gain 1 point on Coventry. Sounds ace if you think we could have(at best) a 19 point gain on Rotherham.

It certainly reframes the context a bit. Of course three of those teams were promoted from League One (all with small squads) & Wednesday have been a FFP/managerial basketcase all season.

Take the effect of Bielik away & the 'Rooney bounce' looks even less impressive. In addition, in the 8 games we've played with Rooney in charge against those 5 sides, our record is W1 D3 L4...which shows a clear inability to get results in 'crucial matches'. Desperately need to buck that trend today.

3 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

It certainly reframes the context a bit. Of course three of those teams were promoted from League One (all with small squads) & Wednesday have been a FFP/managerial basketcase all season.

Take the effect of Bielik away & the 'Rooney bounce' looks even less impressive. In addition, in the 8 games we've played with Rooney in charge against those 5 sides, our record is W1 D3 L4...which shows a clear inability to get results in 'crucial matches'. Desperately need to buck that trend today.

So am I right in saying overall Cocu’s record, win % at least, is superior to Wazza’s ? If that is the case surely all those who were calling for Cocu to be sacked, many very vocal and subjecting him to ridicule, should be wanting the same for Wazza too?? If they are being consistent???

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

So am I right in saying overall Cocu’s record, win % at least, is superior to Wazza’s ? If that is the case surely all those who were calling for Cocu to be sacked, many very vocal and subjecting him to ridicule, should be wanting the same for Wazza too?? If they are being consistent???

Cocu's overall record in charge is better than Rooney's, yes. 32.3% win record for Cocu v 30.3% for Rooney.

To be fair, can only think of one very vocal Rooney fan on here now who was also very anti-Cocu & as we both know, he's now adopting the Donald Trump approach to inconvenient facts..

11 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Cocu's overall record in charge is better than Rooney's, yes. 32.3% win record for Cocu v 30.3% for Rooney.

To be fair, can only think of one very vocal Rooney fan on here now who was also very anti-Cocu & as we both know, he's now adopting the Donald Trump approach to inconvenient facts..

Indeed.....let's hope Wazza improves his slightly with a win today.....