Jump to content

Realistic Manager Alternatives


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Realistic alternatives that are better than our current manager - 

@B4ev6is

Boris Johnson

Ted Lasso

The reanimated corpse of Dame Vera Lynn

Claire Ince

The decapitated head of a 70's era Action Man

Purple Aki

Anybody who shows some "PASHUN!"

 

I'd like to add this as a candidate. 

A giant fatberg thought to weigh about 300 tonnes is clogging a sewer in Birmingham.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Arteta had a senior coaching role at Man City for 3 years and won honours there. Wilder makes my point perfectly, starting lower down the leagues first and being successful there (and learning from his mistakes at that level first) and progressing from there to a job like Sheff Utd. Gerrard makes my point even better starting right down in the SPL.....Dalglish is the only one you mention that bucks the trend.

Dalglish doesn't really buck the trend at all, many around him recognise he was supported so closely by Bob Paisley that it was effectively his double. Gerrard managed Liverpool U-18s before taking the Rangers job which, despite many views, is not right down anywhere and if you think it is then you've never been to an Old Firm game. It's definitely a bigger job than any in the Championship - even the mighty "why are we here, we're bigger than Leicester and half a dozen other clubs in the EPL" Derby County. So you're not really making a point that isn't recognised - may as well say that you're making the point the sun will come up tomorrow. We get it.

If the plan had gone to plan, Rooney was set for a few years in coaching before being asked to step up to manage any team, us or Forest Green Rovers. But it didn't and Rooney got the job way before he was ready. It's a shame on all sides actually, and not one that causes us to need to roast Wayne over an open fire after the last game of the season. But, and we're all agreed, it does mean we need to replace him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

If the plan had gone to plan, Rooney was set for a few years in coaching before being asked to step up to manage any team, us or Forest Green Rovers. But it didn't and Rooney got the job way before he was ready. It's a shame on all sides actually, and not one that causes us to need to roast Wayne over an open fire after the last game of the season. But, and we're all agreed, it does mean we need to replace him.

So, we give him the experience and then get rid?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So, we give him the experience and then get rid?

Get your point, and I do genuinely feel that Wayne has not had a fair roll of the dice here. Ideally he should have been able to learn his craft before stepping up to the level he currently finds himself at. But Paul Jewell showed that bad smells linger and I think Rooney finds himself in the invidious position that if he stays up we need a new manager to stop this happening again next season and if we go down we need a new man to start to build anew. Sadly!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Get your point, and I do genuinely feel that Wayne has not had a fair roll of the dice here. Ideally he should have been able to learn his craft before stepping up to the level he currently finds himself at. But Paul Jewell showed that bad smells linger and I think Rooney finds himself in the invidious position that if he stays up we need a new manager to stop this happening again next season and if we go down we need a new man to start to build anew. Sadly!

Except in our squad who would be here next season that might 'rock the harmony boat'? Most of them wouldn't say boo to a goose! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.