Albums you can't live without.

Bob Mash

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell

Meatloaf at Donnington in 1983. Absolutely bostin performance. Took a hostile crowd on who were hurling bottles of (beer or urine or both) at him as soon as he walked on. He stood there, took it and the band launched into Bat out of Hell and within seconds he'd won them over. Amazing show. 

Edited by Bearwood Ram

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Sasha - Airdrawndagger

Leftfield - Leftism

Primal Scream - Screamadelica

Stiff Little Fingers - Inflammable Material (finest punk album ever made imho)

The Buzzcocks - Love Bites

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

U2 - October

Chase & Status - No More Idols

XTC - English Settlement

Coldcut - Live at the Heavenly Social

Secret Affair -  Glory Boys

New Order - Power, Corruption, and Lies

Tricky - Maxinquaye

Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasure Dome

Etienne de Crecy - Prix le Choc

The Jam - All Mod Cons

Layo and Bushwacka - Night Works

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells

DJ Pierre - Wild Pitch

Teardrop Explodes - Kilimanjaro

Happy Mondays - Bummed

Kasabian - Kasabian

Kruder & Dorfmeister - The K & D Sessions

The Buzzcocks - Razor Cuts (bootleg live in Leeds)

I actually lost this one, I had it on clear vinyl with a brilliant section of Steve Diggle screaming at a hostile Yorkshire crowd, 'You're just a bunch of white rose bunts' and then it ending after about 40 minutes with Pete Shelley screaming in an outrageously camp voice 'Right, someone spat - we're off'.

But in fairness whereas I felt sadness when I sold it by mistake with a pile of other stuff, I wasn't looking for the  nearest beam to toss my trusty noose over. Plus I don't have a record deck anymore.

Jeep Grrlz - Buckled - I've lost this too <sniff>

A bunch of mix albums like Cafe Del mar Vol 1, Renaissance Vol 1 (Sasha & Digweed), Northern Exposure Vol 1 (Sasha & Digweed). Basically anything with Vol 1 in the title. As well as DJ sets across most dance genres other than mental techno which is/was fine in a club but not sat at my desk.

And I don't tend to count compilations, but I don't really have a favourite album by The Clash, The Stranglers or even The Damned who I adore, but I seriously like all those bands so I'd gravitate to best ofs, or playlists I've made. The same goes for The Beatles and even Nick Drake and Simon & Garfunkel.

I probably listen to music 6 or 7 hours per day so I could go on but I doubt anybody is still awake, so I'll call it a day.

?Northern Exposure 1 is amazing.  I much prefer Cafe del Mar 2 though!

Do you remember Oakenfold’s Goa Mix? My favourite set from back in the day, just beautifully put together. Love the Blade Runner samples. I had 90 mins of it on tape for years recorded off the Essential Mix. The whole set is on Mixcloud and I go back to it time and again.

3 minutes ago, Kinder said:

?Northern Exposure 1 is amazing.  I much prefer Cafe del Mar 2 though!

Do you remember Oakenfold’s Goa Mix? My favourite set from back in the day, just beautifully put together. Love the Blade Runner samples. I had 90 mins of it on tape for years recorded off the Essential Mix. The whole set is on Mixcloud and I go back to it time and again.

An original press of this on vinyl goes for 200 quid plus.  It's very sought after.

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Sasha - Airdrawndagger

Leftfield - Leftism

Primal Scream - Screamadelica

Stiff Little Fingers - Inflammable Material (finest punk album ever made imho)

The Buzzcocks - Love Bites

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

U2 - October

Chase & Status - No More Idols

XTC - English Settlement

Coldcut - Live at the Heavenly Social

Secret Affair -  Glory Boys

New Order - Power, Corruption, and Lies

Tricky - Maxinquaye

Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasure Dome

Etienne de Crecy - Prix le Choc

The Jam - All Mod Cons

Layo and Bushwacka - Night Works

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells

DJ Pierre - Wild Pitch

Teardrop Explodes - Kilimanjaro

Happy Mondays - Bummed

Kasabian - Kasabian

Kruder & Dorfmeister - The K & D Sessions

The Buzzcocks - Razor Cuts (bootleg live in Leeds)

I actually lost this one, I had it on clear vinyl with a brilliant section of Steve Diggle screaming at a hostile Yorkshire crowd, 'You're just a bunch of white rose bunts' and then it ending after about 40 minutes with Pete Shelley screaming in an outrageously camp voice 'Right, someone spat - we're off'.

But in fairness whereas I felt sadness when I sold it by mistake with a pile of other stuff, I wasn't looking for the  nearest beam to toss my trusty noose over. Plus I don't have a record deck anymore.

Jeep Grrlz - Buckled - I've lost this too <sniff>

A bunch of mix albums like Cafe Del mar Vol 1, Renaissance Vol 1 (Sasha & Digweed), Northern Exposure Vol 1 (Sasha & Digweed). Basically anything with Vol 1 in the title. As well as DJ sets across most dance genres other than mental techno which is/was fine in a club but not sat at my desk.

And I don't tend to count compilations, but I don't really have a favourite album by The Clash, The Stranglers or even The Damned who I adore, but I seriously like all those bands so I'd gravitate to best ofs, or playlists I've made. The same goes for The Beatles and even Nick Drake and Simon & Garfunkel.

I probably listen to music 6 or 7 hours per day so I could go on but I doubt anybody is still awake, so I'll call it a day.

Just reading through all the albums. Hoping someone would put all mod cons by the jam. Classic album.

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

Hadn't seen that. Really sad news. As I said, it's probably my most listened to album, including only a couple of days ago. Although Dead Ringer and BOOH2 aren't as good they're still excellent albums.

When BOOH2 came out we got sent a promo. A couple of days later I asked my partner where it was and he said he'd sold it for a fiver (looking very pleased with himself). I said are you ducking kidding me, do you know how much that will be worth if it sells well?

It did.

He out did himself with the first Take That promo though, he threw it in the bargain bin and sold it for 49p.

And don't get me started on the U2 white label we got of the Oakenfold mixes of Even Better Than the Real Thing. I think we generated enough for a pint each when he sold that.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I was a mental Jam fan and I still think that album holds up the best.

I’m the same Bob. The jam are still my favourite group. I was gutted when they split up. Seen Weller a few times and hopefully see him next year if it’s not cancelled.

59 minutes ago, Rev said:

I've got loads of Paul Weller albums, but have only ever owned Compact Snap on CD, and now Snap on vinyl from The Jam, which get frequent airings.

Am I missing out on much not listening to the actual albums?

The album’s are definitely worth listening to. Some great tracks on them.