Misplaced loyalty

TuffLuff

But seriously how much money have we wasted over the last 12 months that could have been used to keep Keogh and Martin?

Fully get there’s a load of other issues, and it’s maybe not the night to come in, out of the blue, to angle in a discussion about Keogh and Martin (sure I’ll get the laughing/angry emojis and the @David get out meme!).

And yes, Martin’s record for Bristol hasn’t been great, and to many what happened with Keogh was unforgivable. I fully get both those arguments and don’t mean to undermine either but sometimes it’s about putting loyalty in the right place and getting the rewards from it. You can say whatever you like about either, but Keogh on the pitch was much better than anything we have now and Martin worked his arse off to even have a shout of playing for us again. Both of those things in the end should’ve counted for more than they did. We lost two leaders who basically were Derby County, and we are desperately missing that now. This isn’t ‘oo let’s get back to the Mac days’ nostalgia, I have huge questions whether Mac himself is helping in his current role. It wouldn’t have been perfect but it would have helped through this season at least. This is without even considering how much better our youngsters looked around Martin last season to what they do now. 

Also just to point out, I fully get the Keogh hate in regards to the incident. But I’d maybe counter that as we brought in Te Wierik to replace him and gave him zero time to settle in and signed two loan players to replace him. I’m using these examples to say the clubs loyalty, has been put to the wrong people and we are paying the price. I could honestly say the same for Cocu if I really fancied the argument. We took out the leaders and those in charge, those who were in it for the long term and replaced them with nothing but a knee jerk reaction essentially. A bit of patience and maybe some gritted teeth may not have got us anywhere near promotion, but we might be a bit more steady right now.

Edited by TuffLuff

Not sure it's misplaced loyalty and it's easy to say what should have ,could have after the event.

hindsight is a wonderful thing. Players with true passion and grit gradually got displaced with the start of Johnny Russell departing, for all the division between fans about Keogh he gave his all and was a true Ram.

Poor coaching, poor team selections,poor tactics,poor signings ,too many inconsistencies within the club, very little direction during a poor attempt to buy the club with no backing. The list could go on. If any other business conducted itself this way it would have closed.

Let's hope we can retain our championship status ,have a imminent successful take over. And start over again.

44 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

We took out the leaders and those in charge, those who were in it for the long term and replaced them with nothing but a knee jerk reaction essentially. A bit of patience and maybe some gritted teeth may not have got us anywhere near promotion, but we might be a bit more steady right now.

True. But not we, Mel. All this comes from the top. 

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Oh aye, although fans, local media have all been willing to drink the kool aid too imo, but yes it’s top down 

It's not surprising that we kids all wanted daddy to buy us new toys, it's disappointing that we were allowed them.

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Is this the thread where we all state that really, right from the very start we knew deep down that Mel was bad for the club and that Wayne Rooney was a terrible appointment?

I know I did. I foresaw everything happening from the moment Bobby Zamora put it in the net - but I found something good on telly and completely forgot to tell everyone. 

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Is this the thread where we all state that really, right from the very start we knew deep down that Mel was bad for the club and that Wayne Rooney was a terrible appointment?

Not Morris, although I clearly stated on here from the moment we signed him, that I'd rather wipe my arse with sandpaper than bring in a past it Rooney on a huge salary. 

I also wanted McCarthy as manager to stabilise things after Cocu, amongst a fair bit of 'he's a dinosaur' related derision.

13 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Facebook is toxic Eddie, save your mental health mate and don't bother.

I'm going to search out my "we'll be back in 81" t shirt and cross the numbers out........

I normally only use it for keeping in touch with 'proper' friends, but I agree, there are some real 'head the balls' out there.