vs Brummies (H) - Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

If the takeover is genuinely due to go through before the end of the month (as has been suggested) then there’s no way Mel will sack him as he would then have to stump up the compensation.... Rooney either walks (he won’t as he’s too proud/stubborn) or the new owner has a decision to make in the summer....

Is it really a decision now, really ?

I am finding it really hard to support this team and this management team. It is just so embarrassing and quite frankly disgraceful. I really don't want the majority of them wearing a Derby shirt next season. I invest so much emotionally in Derby County but really is it worth it when I feel so despondent. I really don't  have any faith anymore. The club is now only its fans and what a great bunch we are. We'll done to anyone who is still watching or listening to this. Sad times to be a Derby fan.

What you lot don’t realise is this is the Wayne Rooney celebrity show!

Our club is not important......the managerial future of englands record leading scorer is the most important thing here.

Derby County is just a vehicle for Rooney’s managerial fantasy.......a play thing if you will!

13 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Seriously, I don't think our central defenders can escape criticism. We concede simple goal after goal and did today. Positioning, they are just hopeless. Clarke had this bizarre following because he makes great and brave blocks but didn't lead and gets caught out of position so often....

I accept you can't really make a case for the quality of the defending for the goals but every player was being pulled out of position because we were getting swamped in midfield due to Brums tactical shuffle. 

The management should have seen this earlier and addressed it. I'm not even sure by the time they did notice that they even implemented a clear plan. 

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

What you lot don’t realise is this is the Wayne Rooney celebrity show!

Our club is not important......the managerial future of englands record leading scorer is the most important thing here.

Derby County is just a vehicle for Rooney’s managerial fantasy.......a play thing if you will!

Yes but Rooney will be gone and our club, our fans will go on and on and on. Rooney a mere speck in our long history.

Absolute mess. Haven't posted for a while since Bielik got injured and we've gone down hill since then. I thought at the time that we might get sucked back into the relegation dog fight but didn't expect this capitulation. Yes we've struggled with injuries, but this team is devoid of any confidence and the tactics being instilled are way off the mark. Why we continue to play hoof ball to Waghorn and Lawrence I have no idea, and CKR just hasn't got it in him to play every game.

Recruitment has been poor and you can blame that on previous management and the ownership, but this is now down to the current shambolic and amateur coaching staff who can't see the wood for the trees. 

Worst time being a Derby fan in 30 years.

1 minute ago, England Ram said:

Was that his only role?  Even if he was judged on attacking threat, to which there was none, His effort was woeful.
His closing down at the front and at the back was playing at it and left his runner several times when supposedly helping out the fullback and wingback. 

His running off the front man was non existent and he was a mile away from CKR all game so was never going to be able to help out. 

It not just him, Knight was poor again besides a lot of running around. 

He's never had good effort, it's his number one weakness. But for me the main question is why are we relying on our Left Forward to close down opposition wingers when we're playing 5 at the back? to me none of the midfielders looked like they knew what they were doing all game. They weren't even used in any attack, they were just completely bypassed with hoof balls. 

Why was he not running of the front man? why was he miles away from CKR? to me these are tactical questions. What would have been the point in him running off the striker anyway? like he was ever going to get a pass... 

The real thing- I don't believe we would be in a worse position had we kept Cocu. Saying this since the start and looking at our position under Rooney, it's hard to seriously disagree.

On another thread somewhere wasnt it posted that we had an ever so slightly better win % with Cocu than Rooney?(and under Cocu, quite a few more draws!, hence urgently needed points right now)

Rooney also had Bielik, which Cocu did not and is a major reason we even have so many points under Rooney.

Edited by DerbyRam!

1 minute ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

Yes but Rooney will be gone and our club, our fans will go on and on and on. Rooney a mere speck in our long history.

He will leave at some stage but when?

Hes not getting sacked as we can’t afford it, so it'll have to be him walking away......whenever that is

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Is it really a decision now, really ?

Of course it is  - Rooney has a contract. Sacking him and his mates will cost a fortune at a time when the club’s ability to bring in money will be decimated if we get relegated. Plus we’ll be subject to the League One wage cap when trying to build a new squad to get us up again.

My opinion is that Rooney would be an even bigger disaster in League One but the owner will have to decide whether he wants to stick with it and see how we start the season or take the hit, have a clear out and start afresh.... Neither of those options  are likely to lead to any sort of promotion charge next year....

All I can say is...no matter which league we are playing in next season..let's hope the world has got on top of the virus...and football fans worldwide can get back into stadiums and watch the football live...I know I can put up with 3rd division football if thats the case.

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

He will leave at some stage but when?

Hes not getting sacked as we can’t afford it, so it'll have to be him walking away......whenever that is

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's already got something else lined up. I doubt he'll hang around in League 1.

Edited by Sinistra ram rousse
Spelling

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't hate him. It just looks as if he is going to fail as a manager at Derby.

And what's with the vindictive attitude to his future managerial career? A bit pathetic and unnecessary in my opinion. 

Not too cool, from cool but emotions are stretched and fans are losing their cool.  When temperatures cool, posts will cool. Right  @Cool As Custard?

More determination and movement off the ball first half, better closing down and even match. Awful second half, No threat throughout the match. No marking on set pieces. Being caught from throw ins now as well as corners. I still think Rotherham will stay up, sadly at the expense of Derby. Hopefully overhaul of squad and management for next season 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope